Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2016 2:20:52 PM EDT
I was thinking last night about what a good price for a budget rifle should be.  That got me thinking about prices for individual components.  At what price point would you buy individual components regardless if you needed them or not.  Example being that if I saw $45 stripped lowers I would pick one up just because.  I don't know what great prices are for things so I thought I would get your opinions.  I'll put a list below and update it as I get responses from people.  Thanks all for the help

Stripped lower: $45
Barrel: ?
Stripped upper: ?
Lower parts kit: $45
Upper parts kit: ?
Magazines: $7
Bolt carrier group: $75

Handguard and stock I'm not going to worry about because there are so many different styles and types that there are too many options.  Thanks in advance and let me know what you think.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen complete M4 style uppers for around $300.  They can be found.  Check http://www.slickguns.com under AR deals.  There are lots of choices out there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen complete M4 style uppers for around $300.  They can be found.  Check http://www.slickguns.com under AR deals.  There are lots of choices out there.
View Quote

Dare I suggest Palmetto State Armory.  But they're very cheap with uppers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
PSA premium BCGs can be had for $80-90 on sale. Their LPKs can be had for $50-55 depending the sale. Combine that with one of their uppers and it's gonna be a cheap build.

I also like Radical Firearms out of TX. Good deals on uppers. I have two of their 300blk uppers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#4]
PSA complete kits minus lower. They have a few kits that are $400 or even a bit less. Add your own lower and you have a complete AR for under $450.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.  I have updated my list with a few things.  What about barrels?  what's a good can't pass up price on a standard 16" barrel?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm just going to say, you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I completely understand.  I have my frankengun competition rig that I'm over $3000 into but it has every bell and whistle and runs like a scalded dog.  this list is for someone who justs wants to pick up components to built a budget gun or so I know what a deal too good to pass up may be.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

True, but some "names" command more than the exact same part even though it's made by the same company/person, just rebranded or no name. If you stay with spec parts your going to be ok. I bought a no name bolt carrier one time, all spec, correct steel, paid about $55.00 and its still running as hard as my LMT's and DD's. A good AR can be had if one is smart and researches what your going to use.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
"Budget rifle build" Iv built two....
they run about $1200

Buy once, cry once.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]
For your list: D&H magazines from PSA go on sale, at times, for $6.99 each. That's probably as cheap as you'll ever get for an AR mag that is regarded as being reliable.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For your list: D&H magazines from PSA go on sale, at times, for $6.99 each. That's probably as cheap as you'll ever get for an AR mag that is regarded as being reliable.
View Quote

Good deal, I added them to the list.  Anyone have opinions on barrels or stripped uppers?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good deal, I added them to the list.  Anyone have opinions on barrels or stripped uppers?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not priced any in a while, but while I have not personally used any, I know those who have had great luck with Spikes CFH barrels, I've seen them shoot better than most, and if I remember are they not built by FN?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I just finished a cheap build.
Anderson lower
Anderson upper
Rise trigger
Larue 18" stealth barrel
MI 15" lightweight rail
B5 stock
Bushnell elite 3200
Dead air muzzlebrake.

I had a lot of the parts laying around so I'm only into it for $600

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top