Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2016 5:05:26 PM EDT
Hi,

I am an Eagle Scout and Patriot.
I have over 10 years experience in software development, including 3 years as a project manager. I've shipped voice recognition systems in billions of devices and cars around the globe.

I was recently laid off, and am looking for my next gig before the savings goes dry.

My Professional LinkedIn Profile

I'm open to anything in leadership that pays the bills. Looking for 6-figures to start plus medical for my family. Willing to travel some, willing to relocate to freedom loving states only.

Thanks,
-BC
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi,

I am an Eagle Scout and Patriot.
I have over 10 years experience in software development, including 3 years as a project manager. I've shipped voice recognition systems in billions of devices and cars around the globe.

I was recently laid off, and am looking for my next gig before the savings goes dry.

My Professional LinkedIn Profile

I'm open to anything in leadership that pays the bills. Looking for 6-figures to start plus medical for my family. Willing to travel some, willing to relocate to freedom loving states only.

Thanks,
-BC
View Quote

I can internally refer you at Amazon if you see something you are interested in. You should have no issues finding work on the Echo/Alexa platform if you'd like to stay in the voice recognition space.

https://www.amazon.jobs/
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I sent you an email with the Job number I found for Alexa.

I've held technical roles in voice recognition and natural language understanding for long enough I'm happy to stick with that.

God Bless.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I work for AT&T Labs.  Your inbox is full.  I would suggest looking at the AT&T jobs in Redmond.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Sent your info to my former boss who runs a IT staffing firm....
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
PNW is a terrible region for technology workers. Probably need to head down to California
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PNW is a terrible region for technology workers. Probably need to head down to California
View Quote

Intel in Hillsboro, OR is pretty big. I'm working for them in Dupont, WA but they are closing down at the end of the year
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Really?  Looked at South Lake Union or Redmond much?  Go to California, and pay 10% income tax, 3x the cost of real estate, twice the traffic, live with a crumbling infrastructure and terrible schools,
and crap gun laws.  Yup, that sounds like an awesome idea.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#8]
just joking guys
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#9]
If you don't mind working for a consulting company I can take your resume to my company's recruiter.

I don't want to hijack but I'm looking for a new PM gig currently too.

I try to go to some networking events if you want to go to one of those let me know I can tell you the ones I have experience with.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]
PM me. I know some really good recruiters in Seattle/ Bellevue.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I have emptied my inbox, applied for dozens of positions at Amazon, and didn't see anything at AT&T Labs nearby meeting my experience.

I'd prefer to stay in voice recognition but the further from cloud services and voice recognition we go, the further away from my specific techical experiences we go as well.

I've registered with the PMI (PMP) Certification and found that I've already met the hours but I need more months of experience to qualify for the exam so I'm close...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top