Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:26:08 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a good idea because you've got a long wait ahead of you! If those come back in less than a year I'll be surprised. My last handful were from the day the WA legalized SBRs again...June 9? Something like that. Those prolly won't be back until 2017 either, unless I get really lucky with a batch efile approval...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Curiosity got the better of me so I emailed Silencer Shop, I got the following response.

We have submitted the form 3 for both suppressors. The initial was submitted on 6/4/2016 and was lost by the ATF we resubmitted on 8/4/2016.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Curiosity got the better of me so I emailed Silencer Shop, I got the following response.

We have submitted the form 3 for both suppressors. The initial was submitted on 6/4/2016 and was lost by the ATF we resubmitted on 8/4/2016.
View Quote
View Quote

Hopefully since it had to be resubmitted, I wonder does it pass though the 41P requirements?
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got my form 4 back.

Went Pending - 2/19/2016

Approved - 8/30/2016

Arrived at dealer - 9/8/2016

So looking about 6.5-7 months right now for paper forms. Can't imagine what will happen when they reach the forms submitted in July.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can't imagine what will happen when they reach the forms submitted in July.
View Quote

Office fire. Oops.

Refunds for everybody.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hopefully since it had to be resubmitted, I wonder does it pass though the 41P requirements?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so. They never contacted me for finger prints or mug shots, and the ATF is the ones who lost the original forms after the checks were cashed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:I don't think so. They never contacted me for finger prints or mug shots, and the ATF is the ones who lost the original forms after the checks were cashed.
View Quote

lol, too bad they operate under the "everything we do is your fault' premise of customer service.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Stamp came back today for a can form 4 submitted back in Feb, check cashed 2/25, so looks like its around 7 months for forms submitted early this year. I imagine that will only get worse when the June surge hits...
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Hillary Clinton elected president....

All nfa forms shredded.  fuck you peasants.....

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hillary Clinton elected president....

All nfa forms shredded.  fuck you peasants.....

View Quote

I could see that as likely.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Woohoo! One down, four to go. E-filed Form 1 trust suppressor submitted 4/11/16, approved and stamp received 9/29/16. Thank you Heather Thompson!
5 months, 19 days.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Thought I'd do something different so I bought a can from Silencershop.   ATF said that the F4 was approved back on Sept 4...but the local dealer has yet to receive the approved Form 4.  I sent the local dealer a couple of emails but no response...should I be concerned?

Edit 9-30-2016:  Looks like local dealer got my approved Form 4 today...wow...almost 4 whole weeks to mail an approved Form 4 from ATF....WTF.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thought I'd do something different so I bought a can from Silencershop.   ATF said that the F4 was approved back on Sept 4...but the local dealer has yet to receive the approved Form 4.  I sent the local dealer a couple of emails but no response...should I be concerned?

Edit 9-30-2016:  Looks like local dealer got my approved Form 4 today...wow...almost 4 whole weeks to mail an approved Form 4 from ATF....WTF.
View Quote

I submitted five Form 4 suppressors at the end of January. All five checks were cashed the day after the ATF received the forms.  My dealer received three of the five stamps in May and the last two stamps were received five weeks later.  There is no rhyme or reason to how things are approved or mailed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sometimes I get them in 5 days sometimes its over 30. They dont always come in order, and stamps submitted same day can show up days or weeks apart. Its nuts.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Woohoo! One down, four to go. E-filed Form 1 trust suppressor submitted 4/11/16, approved and stamp received 9/29/16. Thank you Heather Thompson!
5 months, 19 days.
View Quote

Thank you for letting you sit and look at that much money sit around for that long?  Pffft...

The waiting period is the biggest load of bullshit ever applied to anything 2nd amendment related beyond that of background checks.

A right delayed is a right denied.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Had two foem 4 's submitted last week of February, checks cashed 3/5, got the call last night they were in at Pantel.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thank you for letting you sit and look at that much money sit around for that long?  Pffft...

The waiting period is the biggest load of bullshit ever applied to anything 2nd amendment related beyond that of background checks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 months, 19 days.

No kidding! I've never understood the classification of suppressors. Its as stupid as "refer madness".
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Had two foem 4 's submitted last week of February, checks cashed 3/5, got the call last night they were in at Pantel.
View Quote

10/22 came in, Scorpion has not. Would have liked to make just one trip, but I hope the Scorpion is in soon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No kidding! I've never understood the classification of suppressors. Its as stupid as "refer madness".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 months, 19 days.

Yep, it's stupid alright. But what's the alternative? We need to work to get the law changed. "Fight the Noise"
For the time being, I'll work within the system, as distasteful as it is. Not willing to risk everything on this principle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yep, it's stupid alright. But what's the alternative? We need to work to get the law changed. "Fight the Noise"
For the time being, I'll work within the system, as distasteful as it is. Not willing to risk everything on this principle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 months, 19 days.

Gotcha, but I personally don't see any reason to thank them.

I pay taxes for just about anything and everything as-is, and as we all do.  Delaying my right to something I already paid sales tax on (and an additional $200 tax) with income earned (albeit taxed) dollars -- it could go on and on.  Just wish more people would recognize these things, and speak out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Silencerco Omega 30
Form 4
Trust
Sent 26 FEB        
Check cashed 03 MAR
Approved 26 SEP        
Stamp at shop 04 OCT
Approver Carrie Fisher?
PICKED UP! 04 OCT

Silencerco Omega 30 (x2)
Form 4
Trust
Sent 26 FEB        
Check cashed 03 MAR
Approved 26 SEP        
Stamp at shop 04 OCT
Approver Carrie Fisher?
PICKED UP! 04 OCT

Silencerco Sparrow 22 SS
Form 4
Trust
Sent 26 FEB        
Check cashed 03 MAR
Approved 26 SEP        
Stamp at shop 04 OCT
Approver Carrie Fisher?
PICKED UP! 04 OCT

AAC Pilot 2
Form 4
Trust
Sent 26 FEB        
Check cashed 03 MAR
Approved 26 SEP        
Stamp at shop 04 OCT
Approver Carrie Fisher?
PICKED UP! 04 OCT

Silencerco Osprey 45k
Form 4
Trust
Sent 26 FEB        
Check cashed 03 MAR
Approved 26 SEP        
Stamp at shop 05 OCT
Approver Carrie Fisher?
PICKED UP! 05 OCT

TAC2 Super Shotty AOW
Form 3
Manufacturer to Dealer
Sent 24 APR        
Check cashed n/a
Approved ?        
Stamp at shop ?
Approver ?
PICKED UP! ?

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Form 4
Sparrow SS
Submitted 2/10/16
Approved 10/04/16
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Just a FY, I here is the "Silencer Shops" BATFE wait times: This is what they are seeing, other shops may have different wait times YMMV .

Silencer Shop ATF wait times
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Form 4 Trust - Suppressor

Bought 3/11/16

Check cashed 3/18/16

Approved - 10/17/16

Got call from Rainier Arms that my Form 4 was approved: 10/25/16

About 7 months.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:29:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

10/22 came in, Scorpion has not. Would have liked to make just one trip, but I hope the Scorpion is in soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Called the ATF today and found out that the Scorpion was approved on 9/26, still no word on it from the dealer though. Left a voicemail and follow up email at the dealer. Somebody screwed something up, I want my Scorpion!
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Form 1 30 cal can
Efile trust 4/29/16
Approved 10/17/16
Stamp received 10/19/16

Now the long wait for 3 SBR form 1's efiled 6/10
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:37:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Sitting at 7+ months for first item.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Still waiting.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Form 4 trust
AAC 762SD
submitted 6-8-16
Check cashed 6-30-16
Still waiting.... Silencer shop emailed me today. Said I should have my approval by March. Ugh
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#30]
3 form 1 trust SBR efiles submitted 6/9/16
2 approved 1/13/16
1 approved 1/14/16

219 & 220 days respectively. Form 4's take longer for some reason.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top