Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2016 5:55:30 PM EDT
I'm looking for a solid FFL in the South King/Tacoma area that has a fair (and non-hostile) approach to FFL transfers. I'm looking to buy a EVO Scorpion and have it transferred to the FFL holder (ie buds or other online store). I hate the "stink eye" that I've gotten in the past from such purchases. Thoughts or tips?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quantico Tactical I believe does $15 Transfers plus the WA Transfer Tax
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they gonna give me the wicked stink eye?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Call Mike Daugherty

Daughertys Guns
4388 Phillips Rd Se
Port Orchard, WA 98366
(360) 265-3330

Great guy to work with; has two eyes and neither one emits a stink.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Really?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
If you don't mind going a little further South to Lacey, go through I5 guns. I've done lots of large purchase transfers through them for Larue rifles and lots more. They have always been amazing to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used these guys before. It was a little drive but they are GTG.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you don't mind going a little further South to Lacey, go through I5 guns. I've done lots of large purchase transfers through them for Larue rifles and lots more. They have always been amazing to deal with.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They did my transfer. Very nice folks, a couple "nicer" than the others.

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:50:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quantico Tactical I believe does $15 Transfers plus the WA Transfer Tax
View Quote
Ja....

But nobody seems to know what's going on with them since their move to the new location near Tacoma Mall. One member here reported that there was a sign up at the old store saying FFL transactions were on hold until an audit was done.

Everyday that I have sworn I was going to make time to hunt down the new store and see what's up, something always seems to come up.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
brads guns in lake tapps, 25.00 fast and easy.

make sure its shipped private party otherwise you have to pay usage tax

plus he has 9mmm cheapest in town
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#11]

South End?

Yankee Trader.

Norm is a great guy.

Google is your friend.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#12]
There are local places around the sound that probably have them in stock. Some may even have them for a decent price.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Pantel Tactical in Renton.  I have conducted several transfers with this store.  Never got the stink eye.  They are one of Bud's preferred FFLs (do not need to call Pantel prior to Bud's shipping).
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have done quite a few transfers through I5 as well and definately recommend them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Dons Jewelry in federal way is only 25$ for a rifle and 30$ for pistol transfer. I always use that place.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#16]
He just posted an ad today on a local forum for NIB $800 Gen1 Scorpians, available thru a distributor and can be in his shop in a couple days.

Quoted:
brads guns in lake tapps, 25.00 fast and easy.

make sure its shipped private party otherwise you have to pay usage tax

plus he has 9mmm cheapest in town
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm kind of new to the area, anywhere from Everett down to Renton (preferably somewhere Lake City to Woodinville but I can drive if necessary but it sucks having to drive more than a hr round trip since chances are I am going to get delayed and will have to wait out the couple of days and repeat the drive....) that handles online transfers and out of state private party sales (e.g. gunbroker private seller)?  I don't care if I get the stink eye I suppose as long as they are willing to do business, looking for transfers under $30 if possible.

I have my WA CPL now, does it help at all?
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 12:34:01 AM EDT
[#18]
bump in case anyone has got some suggestions....
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pantel Tactical in Renton.  I have conducted several transfers with this store.  Never got the stink eye.  They are one of Bud's preferred FFLs (do not need to call Pantel prior to Bud's shipping).
View Quote

Pantel is my go to. Never a stink eye or attitude. They prefer some business then no business. Josh makes it really easy. You can download their FFL info on a PDF
And no need no notify them about incoming items. They get it and they will call. I'd still always give them a chance when i am looking to special order something.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm kind of new to the area, anywhere from Everett down to Renton

I have my WA CPL now, does it help at all?
View Quote

WA CPL helps for pistol transfers.

As far as transfers, you may want to look at Low Price Guns in Bellevue, or Pantel Tactical.

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Can you elaborate on how the CPL helps me on transfers?  If I get delayed but have my CPL, do I still need to wait?  I've been delayed just about every time even back in my old state but that fun shop was a whole lot closer and less traffic than the Seattle area....

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can you elaborate on how the CPL helps me on transfers?  If I get delayed but have my CPL, do I still need to wait?  I've been delayed just about every time even back in my old state but that fun shop was a whole lot closer and less traffic than the Seattle area....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

If you are in Seattle Hildebrand Enterprise is pretty good. It's a guy out of his house so you have to be a little patient but he does everything he says he is going to.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

If we could the state legislature to get off their asses and pass an amended RCW, the ATF has already said that a valid WA CPL qualifies as a NICS exemption. Cash and carry in the same amount of time it would take to buy a TV

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If we could the state legislature to get off their asses and pass an amended RCW, the ATF has already said that a valid WA CPL qualifies as a NICS exemption. Cash and carry in the same amount of time it would take to buy a TV  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Had that when I lived in Nevada.  Still had to fill out the paperwork but then out the door you went.  It was nice.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#25]
These liberals would kill their children before they make buying a gun easier.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

WA has a "5 day waiting period" that the local police can run checks on you if you don't have a CPL.  I think the Renton Police run it against whatever list, and then throw out the request because it was always 5 days before I could pick it up.

If you get delayed by NICS, then you'll have up to a 3 day wait.  That is separate from the 5 day waiting period if you don't have a CPL.

Get a UPIN to use when you fill out a 4473, and you shouldn't get a delay anymore.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

WA has a "510 day waiting period" that the local police can run checks on you if you don't have a CPL.  I think the Renton Police run it against whatever list, and then throw out the request because it was always 5 days before I could pick it up.

If you get delayed by NICS, then you'll have up to a 3 10 day wait.  That is separate from the 5 day waiting period if you don't have a CPL.

Get a UPIN to use when you fill out a 4473, and you shouldn't get a delay as oftenanymore.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WA has a "510 day waiting period" that the local police can run checks on you if you don't have a CPL.  I think the Renton Police run it against whatever list, and then throw out the request because it was always 5 days before I could pick it up.

If you get delayed by NICS, then you'll have up to a 3 10 day wait.  That is separate from the 5 day waiting period if you don't have a CPL.

Get a UPIN to use when you fill out a 4473, and you shouldn't get a delay as oftenanymore.

I-594 changed it to a 10 day wait on non-CPL handguns,  but also made it 10 days on any firearm if you get a Delay.

A UPIN doesn't mean you won't get Delays at all, just less frequently, and the delay should be resolved faster.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
bump in case anyone has got some suggestions....
View Quote

Everett would be Sound Loan....15 for long guns and 25 for handguns...quick, easy, polite..and I have never had to wait the whole 5 day with these guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top