Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2016 12:19:43 PM EDT
Is just the notary witness sufficient? Or do I need 1 or 2 more?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly, there isn't a requirement in the state. The only requirement would be if the trust itself required witnesses.

That is the same for the notary, only need one if the trust requires one.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I remember correctly, there isn't a requirement in the state. The only requirement would be if the trust itself required witnesses.

View Quote

So sounds like I can edit my trust to remove the witness line.....?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will all depend on how the trust was written.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
When I did mine a few years ago it was just a notary that was needed, but your trust may be worded differently.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
PO Box address for trust is fine?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's a page of my witness sheet that I want to edit, so I can get rid of the witness requirement.

I'm thinking if I delete the highlighted area, it seems to be good? Does anyone have an example of their notary section? With the way I edited it, it makes it look like the notary is the witness too, with the first 3 words of the page?

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]
My brand-new-ink-still-wet Trust doesn't have my address on it.  Just Washington and Pierce County.  And there is no space for Witnesses, just the Notary.  I'd be careful about editing lest you edit out something that it referenced elsewhere and cause yourself a problem.

I used guntrustguru.com because I liked a lot of what he said comparing his "trust in a box" to those done by SilencerCo and Silencer Shop.  I'm not a lawyer, but it seems quite thorough and specific enough about gun stuff but general enough to make it easy to manage.  I'll have it notarized tomorrow and upload it to Silencer Shop to get my first Can 'O Quiet on the way.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:36:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here's a page of my witness sheet that I want to edit, so I can get rid of the witness requirement.

I'm thinking if I delete the highlighted area, it seems to be good? Does anyone have an example of their notary section? With the way I edited it, it makes it look like the notary is the witness too, with the first 3 words of the page?

http://i.imgur.com/akukbM5.jpg
View Quote

Is this the only place that references the witness?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:39:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My brand-new-ink-still-wet Trust doesn't have my address on it.  Just Washington and Pierce County.  And there is no space for Witnesses, just the Notary.  I'd be careful about editing lest you edit out something that it referenced elsewhere and cause yourself a problem.

I used guntrustguru.com because I liked a lot of what he said comparing his "trust in a box" to those done by SilencerCo and Silencer Shop.  I'm not a lawyer, but it seems quite thorough and specific enough about gun stuff but general enough to make it easy to manage.  I'll have it notarized tomorrow and upload it to Silencer Shop to get my first Can 'O Quiet on the way.

Rob
View Quote

I got mine from 199trust. Everything looks good to me. Ive read it. I get it. Seems legit. Wished it was more tailored for the state, but I didn't want to pay $500 from NW.

Seems easy enough. Now that the more I think about it,  I bought mine to setup with a co-trustee right off the bat.  Its going to be months before I can take possession of the NFA item. I'm thinking maybe just doing it solo for now so I don't have to deal with twice the hassle of prints, etc if I purchase anything after the deadline. And when I do get to possess the NFA, i'll do an amendment to add co-trust.  Seems like a good idea....

*edit*

I sent them an email telling them how WA doesn't require witnesses and how can I edit my trust to reflect that.  Maybe 30 mins later, I get an updated trust in my email which was a huge surprise.  Guess what.  What I highlighted is the changes that were made, lol.  That's awesome service though, doing it in the middle of the night during the 4th.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:44:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got mine from 199trust. Everything looks good to me. Ive read it. I get it. Seems legit. Wished it was more tailored for the state, but I didn't want to pay $500 from NW.

Seems easy enough. Now that the more I think about it,  I bought mine to setup with a co-trustee right off the bat.  Its going to be months before I can take possession of the NFA item. I'm thinking maybe just doing it solo for now so I don't have to deal with twice the hassle of prints, etc if I purchase anything after the deadline. And when I do get to possess the NFA, i'll do an amendment to add co-trust.  Seems like a good idea....

*edit*

I sent them an email telling them how WA doesn't require witnesses and how can I edit my trust to reflect that.  Maybe 30 mins later, I get an updated trust in my email which was a huge surprise.  Guess what.  What I highlighted is the changes that were made, lol.  That's awesome service though, doing it in the middle of the night during the 4th.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rob

*edit*

As a single, you could have just gotten a gundocx bronze trust for $97.

You can always get trusts re-stated if you wish to change things down the road
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rob

*edit*

Well, I planned on doing a co-trustee for the wife.  But at the moment, I don't need her to be a co-trustee yet, since I don't have any NFA.  Even though the doc file is "locked", I was able to edit out what I needed.  They also give templates for adding and removing co-trustees down the road.

My thinking if, is I do buy any NFA items after the deadline, I'll be the only one required to send in fingerprints and such.  Once I get my items, I'll amend it so the wife is also a co-trustee, so she wont get in trouble.  Then if I buy any more, I'll just remove her from the trust so she doesn't have to deal with the additional shit.  I'll change the combo to the file cabinet so she doesn't have "access" to the current NFA.   Then once I receive that, I'll amend and add her back on....  Shady. I guess.  Legal. seems like it.

This way, I don't have to make any real changes to the trust.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#12]
That's what I was thinking, too.  Leave it just me now and add/remove as needed.  I don't know if you would need to leave the other person off for the entire time you have Forms pending, though.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Do we have to register our trust with the state? If yes, where? If no, sweet.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nope
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope

Sweet, even better.

Now, if we fund our trust with $1. What do I do with the dollar bill? Lock it away to not be used?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#16]
My Trust's instructions say to attach it to the Funding page and leave it in the file with the original (signed) copy of the Trust docs.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:58:55 AM EDT
[#17]
so making edits to the "assignment" portion of the trust.  Since it's at the end, past the notary section.  Can I make edits to it anytime I want without doing any other official acts, like getting the trust notarized again?  On mine, it looks like it just requires a trustee signature at the bottom.  

Also, what do I send to the FBI?  Do I send the entire trust workbook?  Or can I leave out the assignment and schedule of beneficiaries page?
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:38:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
so making edits to the "assignment" portion of the trust.  Since it's at the end, past the notary section.  Can I make edits to it anytime I want without doing any other official acts, like getting the trust notarized again?  On mine, it looks like it just requires a trustee signature at the bottom.  

Also, what do I send to the FBI?  Do I send the entire trust workbook?  Or can I leave out the assignment and schedule of beneficiaries page?
View Quote

You mean to the ATF? You send the whole trust as well as the schedule A and beneficiaries
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You mean to the ATF? You send the whole trust as well as the schedule A and beneficiaries
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Thanks for your help.

I'm so glad I placed my order for my silencer last night. Just checked this morning and now the site shows sold out. Going to be heading down there today or tomorrow to start the paperwork.

I don't need to have the term "revocable" in my trust title do I? It should just be the wording in te trust itself right? I want as short of a title for engraving.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#20]
My trust was done by my local dealer. No notary and no witness. Easy. All I did was give him my info and sign it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#21]
With Silencer Shop and using their "Powered" program, you buy the Tax Stamp from them and provide your Trust Docs to them and they handle everything, including delivery of your can to the local shop you selected and submission of the Form 4 to ATF.  I scanned my Trust docs as a high-quality PDF and uploaded the file to them.  Now I just wait.  Ordered a Gemtech GM-22.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
With Silencer Shop and using their "Powered" program, you buy the Tax Stamp from them and provide your Trust Docs to them and they handle everything, including delivery of your can to the local shop you selected and submission of the Form 4 to ATF.  I scanned my Trust docs as a high-quality PDF and uploaded the file to them.  Now I just wait.  Ordered a Gemtech GM-22.

Rob
View Quote

I'm doing a SBR too. Heading out to the bank to get notarized now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My trust was done by my local dealer. No notary and no witness. Easy. All I did was give him my info and sign it.
View Quote

That's sweet.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#24]
US Bank would not notarize my Trust forms.  They said they won't do anything that is more than just witnessing a signature.  No Trusts or Wills.  I had to fork out $18.50 at The UPS Store to get my notarized yesterday.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
US Bank would not notarize my Trust forms.  They said they won't do anything that is more than just witnessing a signature.  No Trusts or Wills.  I had to fork out $18.50 at The UPS Store to get my notarized yesterday.

Rob
View Quote

Well that sucks about US Bank.  

I just got back from the bank.  BECU notarized mine without issue.  I was surprised by how fast it is.  They don't even read the entire trust.  They just look at the page that needs to be notarize.  The read it making sure for what signatures are required and the wording.  Said yep, no problem.  And away we go.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Reading the trust opens them to various liability issues, that's why they don't read it. All they are doing is confirming/attesting that the person signing the document is the person in front of them. Log it, sign it, stamp it, done. Wells Fargo is where I get mine done. They never read them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Reading the trust opens them to various liability issues, that's why they don't read it. All they are doing is confirming/attesting that the person signing the document is the person in front of them. Log it, sign it, stamp it, done. Wells Fargo is where I get mine done. They never read them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top