Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2016 5:54:39 PM EDT
Does anyone in the greater seattle area (+/- 50 miles) have an 80% jig and mill I could use? A milling afternoon or evening perhaps? Or a jig I could borrow, I have a drill press.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one I would like to do as well.  We have talked before about having a group get together and doing something like this.  In Nevada we had a member who owned a machine shop.  About once or twice a year he would teach a class and charge something like $25 per person.  for that he would teach a metal working class using mills and one of the projects he would walk you through was the completion of an 80% lower.  I think he did a 1911 night once as well.  It would be awesome to find someone around here to do something like that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure and check the legalities on having "parties" I know BATF has made some rulings on this in the last few months, and I don't know what the local legalities have been on that in WA, I know here is Montana, I can let someone use my mill, but I can't be present while he is doing the actual work on the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
good point.  the classes they did down there were advertised as classes and not parties.  The instructor wouldn't touch the machine, only supervise for safety stuff.  Not sure on the legalities, I'm just a dumb old firefighter.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I just need to finish one. My lower parts kit and buffer tube kit came today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top