Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2016 8:16:12 AM EDT
Fuck on the usual players.  

http://q13fox.com/2016/06/09/washington-state-lawmaker-ruling-opens-door-to-limit-concealed-gun-permits/

http://www.wsj.com/articles/appeals-court-upholds-concealed-carry-restrictions-1465483920

State Sen. Reuven Carlyle, D-Seattle, says the ruling opens the door to adopting a "good cause" requirement for the permits.
Such regulations require gun owners to show a need to carry a concealed weapon, such as that they've been stalked or threatened or routinely carry large amounts of cash.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#1]
What happened to that other recent ruling on the East coast that just declared the opposite about issuing permits?  

Is it being conveniently ignored, again?

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Not that logic or observation plays much into their political reality, but can they point to some obvious trend of CPL abusers in the last 50 years?  No.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a CCW, is carrying concealed in public now in violation?
Basically what I'm asking is, has anything changed?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a CCW, is carrying concealed in public now in violation?
Basically what I'm asking is, has anything changed?
View Quote

no nothing has changed.  What the 9th circuit ruling says is that it can change if the state wants it to.  Our esteemed rulers take that to mean that they can now legally further infringe on our rights and since they can why in the world shouldn't they?

People still want to vote against trump?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Well,if that happens, its back to carrying without a permit for me I guess.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I will carry anytime and anywhere I want to, despite the unconstitutional actions of our government and courts!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I will carry anytime and anywhere I want to, despite the unconstitutional actions of our government and courts!
View Quote

This. I am sick to death of these clowns who think they are so much better than us, passing laws that we must follow but they do not. While they don't want us to carry a pistol for defense of ourselves and our families, they have the secret service, private security contractors, or police to protect them all with the best firearms our tax dollars can buy at their disposal.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a CCW, ...
View Quote

From which state?  

WA issues a CPL which is very different.  I wish we could get a CCW here.

If they actually got that through then everyone will carry openly, and the only way to outlaw that is to change the WA Constitution.  Somehow I think the libtards would be happier with our concealed carry vs the horror of every third person they pass carrying a pistol openly on their belt.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Well,if that happens, its back to carrying without a permit for me I guess.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. I am sick to death of these clowns who think they are so much better than us, passing laws that we must follow but they do not. While they don't want us to carry a pistol for defense of ourselves and our families, they have the secret service, private security contractors, or police to protect them all with the best firearms our tax dollars can buy at their disposal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been carrying a pistol since I was 18 years old and I am well over 50 now, I carried while I served almost 30 years in the Army, I will not stop carrying now, I stopped at the bank to make a deposit today and walked in with a pistol on my hip and nobody freaked out, they simply said Hi Dave and allowed me to do my business, so I will not stop carrying because of stupid rulings by the liberal 9th that can't make their fucking minds up on ow they stand on our gun rights!
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#11]
This law would be illegal the people who want to enforce it would be criminals why would I comply?
This next year is going to be very interesting
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What happened to that other recent ruling on the East coast that just declared the opposite about issuing permits?  

View Quote

What they know is that right now it would be a 4-4 vote in the SC. That would mean the Circuit Court decision would be binding. They are also banking on Hillary winning so they can stack the SC the way they want so they can roll over anything that isn't a progressive decision. Constitution be damned.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#13]
So basically instead of getting revenue for CPL's and doing background checks on people who carry guns around, they are against more revenue and don't want to do background checks on people carrying guns around?

Interesting twist I say.....
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So basically instead of getting revenue for CPL's and doing background checks on people who carry guns around, they are against more revenue and don't want to do background checks on people carrying guns around?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It would lead to some interesting floor debates that's for sure.

Remember that California has absolutely no recognition of the right to keep and bear arms in their state constitution like our Article 1 § 24 which isn't vague and the courts have recognized dozens of times as an individual right.

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired..

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Dave Workman says:

http://q13fox.com/2016/06/09/court-people-have-no-right-to-carry-concealed-weapons-in-public/

In Seattle, Dave Workman, with the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, said the narrow ruling on the California Constitution will "not have a big effect here, because of state's rights."

"I don't know that it really means a lot for the state of Washington," Workman said. "See, California does not have a state constitutional right to bear arms provision in its constitution. Washington does and it's one of the strongest in the country."

Joanna Paul, with the Alliance for Gun Responsibility in Seattle, agreed that the ruling will have little effect here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dave Workman says:
"I don't know that it really means a lot for the state of Washington," Workman said. "See, California does not have a state constitutional right to bear arms provision in its constitution. Washington does and it's one of the strongest in the country."

Joanna Paul, with the Alliance for Gun Responsibility in Seattle, agreed that the ruling will have little effect here.
View Quote

Man I didn't know ours was one of the strongest in the country. I will have to do a little research.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I lol'd today, while thinking on this and driving....
They want to limit CCW, while many are debating best long gun for trunk.  lulz
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not that logic or observation plays much into their political reality, but can they point to some obvious trend of CPL abusers in the last 50 years?  No.
View Quote

In fact, engaging in the whole civil liberties as a science fair experiment game plays into their thought process.

But, no. CPL carriers have an extraordinarily low rate of violent crime
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Until/unless the Supremes rule, East coast rulings don't have any sway out here....

California (9th) owns us...

7th Circuit (Midwest) says shall-issue carry is a right... 9th (us) disagrees... Supremes are going to be deadlocked for now, 5:4 against guns after November unless the convention-coup thing works...

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What they know is that right now it would be a 4-4 vote in the SC. That would mean the Circuit Court decision would be binding.
View Quote

4-4 tie is a 'mulligan', not a win...

It's as if they never took the case - no precedent is set...
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guaranteed, they would make up the revenue loss somewhere else, just like they did with the car tab fix.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

From which state?  

If they actually got that through then everyone will carry openly, and the only way to outlaw that is to change the WA Constitution.  Somehow I think the libtards would be happier with our concealed carry vs the horror of every third person they pass carrying a pistol openly on their belt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a CCW, ...

From which state?  

This would make a quick argument on the house floor.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a CCW, ...

From which state?  

Let alone that no background checks are needed for open carry.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Another reason to vote Trump.

3 or 4 new Supreme Court Justices.

I wonder who Hitlery would appoint.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Another reason to vote Trump.

3 or 4 new Supreme Court Justices.

I wonder who Hitlery would appoint.
View Quote

She already has a small island off Costa Rica. A team of scientists have extracted DNA from Sotomayor and Ginsberg, and combined it with frog DNA to produce a species of super-activist judge she can appoint at her pleasure.

Don't worry, they almost never go berserk and run around shredding the Constitution.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Circuit court rulings only apply to the circuit in which they come down.

Until the Supreme Court takes up the issue and sets a national standard, we are at the mercy of the 9th.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#28]
WA Constitution:

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.
View Quote

Vs

CA Constiturion:

California:  No provision.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Already "impaired" with mg and sbs bans...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

And the challenge to 594 wasn't even heard, it was ruled the plaintiff had no standing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And the challenge to 594 wasn't even heard, it was ruled the plaintiff had no standing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we think about that, the precedent is already there for anyone buying from a dealer and having to go through the background check.

The problem is it opens the cans of worms to keep "impairing" even more.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#32]
What is the "compelling reason" for the change?

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh joy....
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
well go to Seattle, then checkout Wa Ceasefire
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're on their periods?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

because California does it
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Just renewed my CPL yesterday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top