Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2016 11:21:09 PM EDT
There is a public meeting to discuss shooting on public land.

Tuesday, May 31 at the Water Resources Education Center, 4600 SE Columbia Way, Vancouver, WA 98661

Myself and the folks I shoot with are tired of the dwindling shooting spots and what seems the increase in bike trails, horse trails, and hiking trails. From what I understand these other groups seem to have plenty of voices at these type meetings and seem to get the play areas for their interests expanded which I think is great, however we are going the other direction.  

I'm aware of the issues of dumb asses wrecking the areas we have, dumping trash, shooting in reckless manner, Larch comes to my mind first. We're our own biggest enemy.  

Anyway if you have the time show up and see whats going on maybe we can get a conversation started about a good/better shooting spot.

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/news/dnr-hold-conversations-target-shooting-popular-state-forests-%E2%80%8Bspring-meetings-set-capitol

Thanks for your time.
Art
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I lived in WA for a long time and spent many hours and days learning how to shoot with my Father on Larch, I do hope everybody that can attend will attend and make their voices heard on this ever increasing important issue, good luck guys, if I could, I would be there to lend my support!
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Missed this meeting, and a little behind on the news.

I am a big fan and frequent user of the Larch area for shooting, more than willing to help where I can moving forward. Please let me know how I can help....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top