Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/5/2016 1:20:33 PM EDT
He won't support trump.

Which to some people means he supports Hillary.

Good luck against Patty Murray Chris. You alienated everybody who supports trump and everybody who hates Hillary and everybody who thinks trump is the only option.  Great logic there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

He won't support trump.

Good luck against Patty Murray Chris. You alienated everybody who supports trump and everybody who hates Hillary and everybody who thinks trump is the only option.  Great logic there.
View Quote
Let's be honest......

Did he have any chance of winning Patty Murray's seat? Nope. Not at all. Not even if every Republican in Washington pulled the lever. This state is solidly Democrat thanks to King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties.

He'll be part of what ever is forming out of this shitshow. Same with McKenna and all the other top Republican leaders in the state. A national Conservative party? Who knows.

I'll be part of it since there is no fucking way I'll vote for Hillary or Trump. I've had my fill of shit sandwiches over the years voting for Mittens and Mcshitstain (both times he ran.) I'm done.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll be part of it since there is no fucking way I'll vote for Hillary or Trump. I've had my fill of shit sandwiches over the years voting for Mittens and Mcshitstain (both times he ran.) I'm done.

View Quote

You either vote for Hillary or against her.

To abstain is to vote for her.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Two or three days before Cruz dropped out I heard an interview on the radio.  The reporter asked him a pretty simple question, something along the lines of, "You once said [something positive] about Donald Trump, do you still stand by that?"  Cruz didn't hesitate, or answer the question, but launched into a completely unrelated sound bite.  

That's the problem Ted!!!  We're all sick of the political BS sound-bite no-answer same-ole-same-ole.

Say what you want about Trump, but he answers questions.  The answer may be dumb, infuriating, smart, business-like, or whatever, but it will not be political mumbo-jumbo.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Its America, so do what you want to do, but once Hillary is elected to the Presidency and she issues an executive order banning ALL semi-auto rifles, ALL hi-cap rifle/pistol magazines AND tax the hell out of ALL ammunition, then don't bitch... Don't forget that she will also be putting her "people" in the Supreme Court for life.... Again, don't bitch when the courts will side with Hillary and the extreme left.

There is no way I would ever vote for Hillary or am I on the "Trump Train," but I will be voting for Trump regardless since "I" value my gun rights.  Yes, it sucks, but I'm going for the lesser of the two evils...  Hell, I would have even voted for Rubio, Cruz or even Jeb Bush if they were the one running against Hillary.

The truth is that no matter what, either Hillary or Trump WILL be the next President of the United States.  Forget about any dreams of Hillary ever going to jail since I'm pretty sure she already has a Presidential Pardon from Obama sitting in her safe and will use it when its time to.

Again, do what you want, that's your God given right as a citizen, but remember that by sitting out of this election in protest against Trump "IS" without a question, is a vote for Hillary and the old, tired ways of politics in the country.   As said earlier, at least Trump answers questions without doing the B.S. Washington D.C. "side-step."

Heck, I was for Carly Fiorina or Ben Carson, but neither of them made a solid sell to the American voters...  If you're still butt-hurt that your guy/gal didn't make it, please get over it and vote for the person that will do the least damage to the country and to our gun rights.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Washington state doesn't decide a presidency.  Never has and never will.  So you can vote or not vote, it doesn't matter IMO.  

As far as this dumb ass Chris Vance goes that I've never heard of running against magic shoes bitch, well good luck as this state is a liberal lost cause.

Not trying to sound negative or anything but that's just the way it is.    

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess we're going to disagree on that and that's fine. My vote is just that, my vote. If Trump has all the popular support that he swears he has, he has the election in the bag. He doesn't need me. Particularly when we factor in that WA's electoral college votes have already been determined the minute a Democrat candidate was announced. We're not a purple state. It's solidly blue in the parts that count.
Trump gets to play the game of pluralities against the master party. Votes in all the right areas including the illegal immigrants, felons, and the dead.

I'm not eating the sandwich being offered this time. Either I'm not eating or I'm bringing my own lunch this time around.

Not trying to make this the shitfest that GD is.......

The WAHTF has already had several epic blowouts before.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Washington state doesn't decide a presidency.  Never has and never will.  So you can vote or not vote, it doesn't matter IMO.  

As far as this dumb ass Chris Vance goes that I've never heard of running against magic shoes bitch, well good luck as this state is a liberal lost cause.

Not trying to sound negative or anything but that's just the way it is.    

View Quote
Basically. I'm not compromising my political values anymore. Especially if the deck is already stacked against me. Any vote I make here in WA is replaced by at least 3 Democrat votes.

I'm going back to local races and trying to help where I can.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#8]
You can disagree all you want...

Either you vote for Hillary, or you vote against her.
There are no other options.
Does it suck? Yes. A bag full of dirty dicks. But it's a fact.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
Sure does.
Trump's moves on who he picks as VP and his cabinet might sway me particularly if John Bolton somehow makes it into his cabinet. That might make the bag of dicks worth a second look.

At this point, I'm not pulling the lever for Trump.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:13:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Say what you want about Trump, but he answers questions.  The answer may be dumb, infuriating, smart, business-like, or whatever, but it will not be political mumbo-jumbo.  
View Quote

Trump hardly ever answers questions. Ask him "what's your plan about X?" And he says "X is horrible. I've been saying it for years. But don't worry folks, I'm going to fix it, I promise you, I'm going to fix it!"

That isnt an actual answer, just because it sounds different than what a pol would say doesn't change that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I think Trump will be a good President, compared to king oblama or hitlery.

Trump for President 2016.

Hillary for Jail 2016.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#12]
We can be idealistic all we want but in the end, reality is that either Trump or Hillary will be he next president.  They both have too much support for a third party run to be viable.  Once we come to that conclusion you have to decide if you want Hillary as your next president.  If you don't then you need to vote for Trump as much as you hate the idea.  If you do, well then vote for anyone but trump and watch her take the office in January.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I am shocked that anybody who claims to be of a conservative slant, would even consider voting for Clinton or just not voting, the Clinton's back in the White House will be a worse situation than it was before!  Hillary will be on the one with the power, she tried to run the White house the first 16 months of Bill's term, so we have a point of reference and if you really want to look at her past, she has been very detrimental to most every thing she has had her hands in since she started!

At this point Trump is a rough one, but if he GOP will support him and work with him, you can soften him out by time the election arrives.

We can not allow Clinton back in, she needs to face up for the crimes she has committed over the last few decades.

I presume all of us that regularly contribute to these forums are gun owners, but with Clinton in there, we are likely to see much of our rights to own this equipment taken away or very highly regulated.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]
While I agree, my vote here means little, I agree that to not vote is a vote for Hillary, but the biggest thing I believe, if you don't vote you have no right to bitch and complain at all.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I usually have KOMO news on my radio while I'm in the shower getting ready for work.  The hostility against Trump has gotten so obvious I'm surprised they're even pretending to be objective.  

One of the ABC commentators launched into a whole lecture about what Hilderbeast said and what she *really* meant n the coal miner issue, and then mentioned Trump's cinco-de-mayo tweet.....again.  

All the media organizations are quick to mention Trump's lack of foreign policy experience (which strangely mimics what Hilderbeast is saying) but where were those same journalists when Obama was running?  His total experience wasn't enough to qualify him to run a McDonald's restaurant, but they ignored that.  Hilderbeasts foreign policy experience cost American lives and her email fiasco caused real damage to national security.  Still, not a peep....

I think it's wrong to say our votes here in WA don't matter.  In a *normal* political election maybe not, but I think the feduppedness crosses party lines, and Trump could easily win WA if enough people decide they're fed up enough to get out and vote.

I'm not terribly excited about Trump, but he does have executive experience.  Of all the recent GOP nominees I'll have to hold my nose a lot less, if at all, to cast my vote.  Romney came out blazing with an anti-Obama theme during the primaries, but then when it came to the general election he wussed completely.  THAT's what I'm so sick of.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
While I agree, my vote here means little, I agree that to not vote is a vote for Hillary, but the biggest thing I believe, if you don't vote you have no right to bitch and complain at all.
View Quote

I live in Montana, you know how much my vote counts?  Zero, but I have voted in every single election since I was 18 years old, that is almost 40 years now, I served and that is one of the reasons I served to retain that right to vote, it is important and to me, to many have paid the price to make sure we can vote.  

To me it is an obligation that I take very seriously.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I usually have KOMO news on my radio while I'm in the shower getting ready for work.  The hostility against Trump has gotten so obvious I'm surprised they're even pretending to be objective.  

One of the ABC commentators launched into a whole lecture about what Hilderbeast said and what she *really* meant n the coal miner issue, and then mentioned Trump's cinco-de-mayo tweet.....again.  

All the media organizations are quick to mention Trump's lack of foreign policy experience (which strangely mimics what Hilderbeast is saying) but where were those same journalists when Obama was running?  His total experience wasn't enough to qualify him to run a McDonald's restaurant, but they ignored that.  Hilderbeasts foreign policy experience cost American lives and her email fiasco caused real damage to national security.  Still, not a peep....

I think it's wrong to say our votes here in WA don't matter.  In a *normal* political election maybe not, but I think the feduppedness crosses party lines, and Trump could easily win WA if enough people decide they're fed up enough to get out and vote.

I'm not terribly excited about Trump, but he does have executive experience.  Of all the recent GOP nominees I'll have to hold my nose a lot less, if at all, to cast my vote.  Romney came out blazing with an anti-Obama theme during the primaries, but then when it came to the general election he wussed completely.  THAT's what I'm so sick of.
View Quote

Trump doesn't have FP experience beyond that of being a businessman who makes some international deals, sure.

Remember Clinton's selling point on FP experience?  "She knows all the world leaders." Solid.
Of course, Obama's campaign said that his complete lack of FP experience was no big deal, because he would be coached by experts. Then he brought in Clinton as his SoS, and we know where that went. Obviously "knowing all the world leaders" did not lend a great deal of competence to the SoS, which would have otherwise been filled with Chicago political insiders, which of course is Obama's favorite selection pool for appointees.

Trump will probably win WA state, and if not it will be a close split with Clinton
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:44:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!   Also heard former AG Rob McKenna say he will write in Kasich on his ballot.  WTF, OVER?  That is a vote for Hillary.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:17:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been thinking about this also.   Not a Trump fan and was even considering going third party.  However, the thought of that criminal in the White House makes me even sicker than that con-artist currently there.

So, if voting Trump is what it takes he'll get my vote.

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#20]
The fact is, there are more registered republicans than there are democrats in Washington State.

it's a matter of getting voters to the polls.

Trump for President in 2016.

Hillary for Jail in 2016.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 5:34:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The fact is, there are more registered republicans than there are democrats in Washington State.

View Quote
Where did you get that number?

Washington doesn't require a party declaration when you register to vote.

No way to know how many "registered" anything there is in our state. You can make a wild guess based on primary ballots. Do I count twice since I marked a ballot and belong to the local County Republican party?

This state is solidly Democrat in all the right (or wrong) places.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#22]
OK, so I got my ballot and I'm confused.  I can vote for the dem and the republican?  Or can I only pick one person on the whole ballot?
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Saw that statistic on tv last week.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Only pick one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:41:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Where did you get that number?   Washington doesn't require a party declaration when you register to vote.

No way to know how many "registered" anything there is in our state. You can make a wild guess based on primary ballots. Do I count twice since I marked a ballot and belong to the local County Republican party?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you get that number?   Washington doesn't require a party declaration when you register to vote.

If I'm not mistaken the voter instructions leaflet I received a couple weeks ago has something about checking a party affiliation box and it being mandatory.

Just received the ballots also.  Need to take another look.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:02:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If I'm not mistaken the voter instructions leaflet I received a couple weeks ago has something about checking a party affiliation box and it being mandatory.

View Quote
You do have to declare a party preference to vote in this upcoming primary. Your information will also be forwarded to the state Democrat or Republican party.

My push back is the information we will have after this primary is very, very biased based on the type of people likely to vote in a primary election. You can't make any assumptions on the political makeup of a state based on the numbers from a primary that might see a 35% turnout.

Using just raw votes in the last 2 Presidential elections, people casting ballots for a Democrat outnumbered Republican votes by a very wide margin(56% vs 41%). We also can look at just the returns from King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties in the 2012 election to see that even if every voter outside of these areas voted Republican, there still wouldn't have been the numbers to overcome the votes cast for Obama. We had a 81% turnout statewide in 2012. That approaches the limit of voter participation. It's said that 85% would be equivalent to getting a 100% turnout (I know the numbers don't work. How does 85=100?).

668,004 people voted for Obama just in King County. Total votes for Romney statewide only came out to 1,290,670.

We can piss and moan here all day but the national election isn't determined on total popular votes. No way Washington gives it's electoral college votes to a Republican anytime soon.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You do have to declare a party preference to vote in this upcoming primary. Your information will also be forwarded to the state Democrat or Republican party.  

My push back is the information we will have after this primary is very, very biased based on the type of people likely to vote in a primary election. You can't make any assumptions on the political makeup of a state based on the numbers from a primary that might see a 35% turnout.

Using just raw votes in the last 2 Presidential elections, people casting ballots for a Democrat outnumbered Republican votes by a very wide margin(56% vs 41%). We also can look at just the returns from King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties in the 2012 election to see that even if every voter outside of these areas voted Republican, there still wouldn't have been the numbers to overcome the votes cast for Obama. We had a 81% turnout statewide in 2012. That approaches the limit of voter participation. It's said that 85% would be equivalent to getting a 100% turnout (I know the numbers don't work. How does 85=100?).

668,004 people voted for Obama just in King County. Total votes for Romney statewide only came out to 1,290,670.

We can piss and moan here all day but the national election isn't determined on total popular votes. No way Washington gives it's electoral college votes to a Republican anytime soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering how the 2004 gubernatorial elections turned out we can imagine how the "vote count" and the actual votes production happened.

Remember those ballots "found" under counting machines and "voters" registered to some government buildings, among other gems?

Easy to explain how 85% "showed up".   Heck, I'm surprised it was not 120%.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Seems like your the one pissing and moaning.
Let's all get out and vote for Trump!

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Considering how the 2004 gubernatorial elections turned out we can imagine how the "vote count" and the actual votes production happened.

Remember those ballots "found" under counting machines and "voters" registered to some government buildings, among other gems?

Easy to explain how 85% "showed up".   Heck, I'm surprised it was not 120%.

View Quote
That's one of the factors that influences 85% being a perfect turnout. Anything greater than 85% starts to point to error. Either accidentally or intentionally. All this only applies to elections on the County/State level.

On a national level election, turnout rates get worse.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just trying to introduce some reality. You want Trump to win Washington? I hope you plan to get the vote out in ways that even Democrats can't.

The numbers don't work unless you can convert a sizeable part of the Puget Sound to voting for Trump. Good luck with that. Bernie and Hillary are firmly entrenched.

How do you or Trump intend to make that happen either here or a national level? Republicans won't be enough.

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like you've already given up.
I still believe in this country.
Trump will win in November.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:Just trying to introduce some reality. You want Trump to win Washington? I hope you plan to get the vote out in ways that even Democrats can't.  

The numbers don't work unless you can convert a sizeable part of the Puget Sound to voting for Trump. Good luck with that. Bernie and Hillary are firmly entrenched.

How do you or Trump intend to make that happen either here or a national level? Republicans won't be enough.
View Quote

Ideally you'd have sanders run 3rd party and pull enough votes to make clinton lose.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Ideally you'd have sanders run 3rd party and pull enough votes to make clinton lose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:Just trying to introduce some reality. You want Trump to win Washington? I hope you plan to get the vote out in ways that even Democrats can't.  

That would be ideal but all this bullshit about the Conservatives running a 3rd party could cause everything to go Hillary's way. Thankfully, there really isn't enough time for that to happen.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sounds like you've already given up.
I still believe in this country.
Trump will win in November.
View Quote

I don't believe in the country regardless of which type of democrat gets elected to the white house in november. I believe in the principles of the Declaration and most of those passed down from the Founders. What we have now is a quasi-socialist FSA shit show where only democrats and RINOs (same difference when it comes to spending, which will be our doom) are allowed to win elections. It isn't going to end well.

TLDR: liberty good, this FSA electorate bad.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That would be ideal but all this bullshit about the Conservatives running a 3rd party could cause everything to go Hillary's way. Thankfully, there really isn't enough time for that to happen.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It appears that after Nevada the liberals blew their gaskets and started a rebellion inside the democratic party that seems to be similar tl the one in the republican party.    That's one of the reasons for me thinking about voting for Bernie in the primaries.  A vote for anyone outside the democratic party does not count here anyways so some more gas into the fire might help.  

There's still a lot of water to go under this bridge.  

For me all the bets are off.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:20:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

He won't support trump.

View Quote

GOOD.

Supporting Trump alienates everyone who actually wants the GOP to stand for conservative/libertarian principles, especially on economics...

So either way he loses - but at least this way he didn't sell his soul for a shot at power...
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's a matter of a bunch of idiots nominating the most repugnant GOP nominee in the last 2 generations.

They found the one person in all of politics, who is (A) eligible to be President, and (B) an equal-evil to Hillary.

He's toast.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Let's all get out and vote for Trump
View Quote

Not even if hell froze over.

A vote for Trump & a vote for Hillary are the same thing: A vote for a liberal asshole who will tip you over & shake your pockets empty...
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:24:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ideally you have an actual Republican (not a warmed-over 1960s Democrat like Trump) run 3rd party and pull enough votes to throw it to the House.

There is nothing 'Ideal' about a NYC liberal in the white house... Changing genitalia doesn't make it get better...

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Bernie is the ONLY primary vote that actually works in our favor.

While I understand there is more than one way to skin _a cat, politics are just that-politics. Like it or not there will be two choices come November. Bad and worse. Cut off your nose to spite your face if you please, but that's all you are doing.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Bernie is the ONLY primary vote that actually works in our favor.
While I understand there is more than one way to skin _a cat, politics are just that-politics. Like it or not there will be two choices come November. Bad and worse. Cut off your nose to spite your face if you please, but that's all you are doing.
View Quote

Trump & 'Trump-isim' represents a greater threat to the conservative movement... If he wins, the GOP will turn into what the Democrats were before they bought into the race-gender-class-victimhood SJW rubbish & conservatism will die.

We will be stuck with a left-wing-upper-class party (Dems) and a left-wing-lower-class party (Trump GOP) arguing over how to spread the spoils, not whether the spoils should exist in the first place.

Beyond that, I don't believe his 'tent revival conversion' story - Trump is a habitual liar (like most politicians) and I find it extremely likely that he is still an anti-gun Bloomberg-style Nanny-stater Democrat, who is telling the unwashed-masses exactly what they want to hear.

But I cannot support or vote for Clinton for obvious reasons...

For all the crap I gave the libertarians & 'will not vote for the lesser of two evils' people before I got banned...
This electoral season has shown me that they have a point.

And the LP gets my vote, even though I disagree with them on foreign policy & morality-legislation... No one with my foreign policy views is running this election & I can't vote for an anti-free-trade, anti-market, anti-gun liberal.
Even if he says he loves the 2nd Amendment when he is holding his torchlight rallies...

The best we can hope for is that Trump get so utterly crushed this fall, so that no one gives him or his supporters the time of day again & the 'establishment' gets the backbone they need for a "Crush Them" Trump-supporter-purge - and we return to candidates like Rubio or Cruz, who aren't trying to hijack the party & turn it liberal.
P.S. WA being WA, flipping off Trump is a safe bet because he *will* lose this state no matter what he does. We are, of course, 'California Blue'....

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If he wins, the GOP will turn into what the Democrats were before they bought into the race-gender-class-victimhood SJW rubbish & conservatism will die.
View Quote
Some would argue that what you describe happened a long time ago.  The republicans as a party hasn't been seriously conservative; more like jokingly conservative, for a while.  Say what you might about Trump, so far he's more conservative than the last two R nominees combined.  

Unless it's all a sham.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Some would argue that what you describe happened a long time ago.  The republicans as a party hasn't been seriously conservative; more like jokingly conservative, for a while.  Say what you might about Trump, so far he's more conservative than the last two R nominees combined.  
Unless it's all a sham.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he wins, the GOP will turn into what the Democrats were before they bought into the race-gender-class-victimhood SJW rubbish & conservatism will die.
Unless it's all a sham.  

I think we may have different definitions of conservative (Anyone who supports higher taxes (even if just on 'the rich') & opposes free trade isn't conservative, IMHO. Same for massive pork 'infrastructure' projects...)...

Higher minimum wage is another deal-breaker...

Trump is to the left of Hillary on at least one key issue (foreign policy)... And identically far-left on others (trade, minimum wage, economics generally).

And most of what he says that sounds conservative, he walks-back a few days later once he's talking to his friends in the NY media.

He makes Romney seem like Reagan Mk II

My concern is that with 2 left-wing pro-labor parties, we degenerate into a squabble of who gets the spoils (Dem 'victim coalition', or blue-collar white unionists) rather than an argument over whether spoils should exist in the first place...

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a conservative. My brother is a republican.

He has a lot of representation in the republican party. I have little.

I call his republican views RINO. He calls me out of touch and says my politics exclude. I tell him his capitulation is nothing more than surrender, and he should give up his guns.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm a conservative. My brother is a republican.

He has a lot of representation in the republican party. I have little.

I call his republican views RINO. He calls me out of touch and says my politics exclude. I tell him his capitulation is nothing more than surrender, and he should give up his guns.

View Quote
Precisely where I'm at. I'm a "Republican" because as a conservative, there isn't an alternative.

Not a Hannity conservative either which leads to a lot of fights with people in my social sphere. There are things that I am unwilling to deal on. I don't care if some see me as out of touch or excluding people. Fuck em'.

Right is right and wrong is wrong. Pretty simple.

The further we have gotten away from Indiana and Trump becoming the nominee, the more closer I get to just skipping that part of my ballot in November. Might just be voting for Bryant as Governor and allowing whatever loyalty I have left to the Republican party, force me into marking the box for Dave Reichert.

He's a good guy but a Republican he is not (by my definition at least......which doesn't matter anymore according to the Trump supporters).
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Someone please explain what a "conservative" and a "republican" are, please?   I see those terms used all over the place and even the definitions seem quite broad.

Another one that has me scratching my head is why the republican party let Trump run under its banner if it did not want him?  Does not make any sense at all and just makes that circus look more what it is, a circus.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:46:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Another one that has me scratching my head is why the republican party let Trump run under its banner if it did not want him?  Does not make any sense at all and just makes that circus look more what it is, a circus.

View Quote

The party cannot tell you can't run as a republican, anybody can run under any banner they choose to, they can't control who runs, they can either support them, or not, but they can't stop them, and Trump just happen to have enough money to not need them to begin with.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:Another one that has me scratching my head is why the republican party let Trump run under its banner if it did not want him?  
View Quote
The R establishment saw Trump as an amusement, with absolutely zero chance of making it through the first few rounds of primary voting.

The evidence to support this is the agreement they signed.  Basically, the agreement said that the R establishment would play along with Trump and support him IF he got the requisite delegate count; in return Trump would agree to fall in behind and support the candidate with the delegate count if it wasn't him.  The R establishment was cocksure it would be one of their men, at worst, Cruz, but certainly not Donald Trump.  They thought they had trapped Trump into supporting their man, only it didn't turn out like they'd hoped.  Last month there were rumblings that the R estab was going to reneg on the deal, but then suddenly silence.  It could be they're looking for a way out of the agreement or working something nefarious behind the scenes; who knows?

The long and short of it was the R's didn't believe Trump was a serious contender until he was.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I guess we're going to disagree on that and that's fine. My vote is just that, my vote. If Trump has all the popular support that he swears he has, he has the election in the bag. He doesn't need me. Particularly when we factor in that WA's electoral college votes have already been determined the minute a Democrat candidate was announced. We're not a purple state. It's solidly blue in the parts that count.Trump gets to play the game of pluralities against the master party. Votes in all the right areas including the illegal immigrants, felons, and the dead.

I'm not eating the sandwich being offered this time. Either I'm not eating or I'm bringing my own lunch this time around.

Not trying to make this the shitfest that GD is.......   The WAHTF has already had several epic blowouts before.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we're going to disagree on that and that's fine. My vote is just that, my vote. If Trump has all the popular support that he swears he has, he has the election in the bag. He doesn't need me. Particularly when we factor in that WA's electoral college votes have already been determined the minute a Democrat candidate was announced. We're not a purple state. It's solidly blue in the parts that count.Trump gets to play the game of pluralities against the master party. Votes in all the right areas including the illegal immigrants, felons, and the dead.

Not trying to make this the shitfest that GD is.......   The WAHTF has already had several epic blowouts before.

Statistically, Trump is the only option to possibly defeat Clinton 2.0 this time.

I'm no Trump fan.  I've posted in more than a few threads regarding my distrust of him.  At absolute best, he's a wild card; a gamble (No pun, but how appropriate).  But, there's no one else on the R-ticket who could actually garner the votes to possibly win.  None of them will get close.  Trump is it.  That's just the pathetic state of our country right now.  Statistically, it's either Trump or Clinton.  We're stuck holding our noses.  We all know what Clinton will do.  She's a non-option, making Trump the only realistic choice.

We're just stuck in this sh!t sandwich situation.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Trump can't do any worse than the shit sandwiches the GOP has been serving us for the last 30 years either have or would have done.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top