User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 3:04:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is something difficult for two reasons, one, there's no money or tolerance for disproving liberal policy. Even if you prove it beyond any doubt, you'll just be called a "denier" or worse. See any one who ever dared to show the truth about global warming. Second, humans are not as simple minded as animals. Being resourceful little bastards, we can tolerate all kinds of conditions...that doesn't mean they're optimal or fullfilling. We've proven that people can live, literally, in tiny prison cells, for decades on end. But it's that REALLY living? I'd suggest for the majority, no. I've lived the urban life in downtown Portland. It's hideous...and were talking about a city regularly held up as a "destination" for young libs. If that's the utopia, we're all doomed. Beyond basic needs, I work primarily so that some glorious day I can be free of the liberal city shit show. There's no freedom in cities, none of them. They are the mother of all HOAs, but it's government agents and the tax man, instead of bored old ladies, that are the source of the problem. I hear all this talk of efficiency, and yet $1000+ hoa fees and million dollar houses and $50,000 parking spots, and crazy high property taxes etc doesn't sound efficient, at all. Cities SHOULD be dirt cheap to live in, because that is the only way that would make the value proposition logical.

My advice to anyone trying to build an urban utopia: do everything in your power to decrease costs, and maximize personal responsibility. Otherwise you would up with massive waste, like the Portland Tram...an urban cluster F that cost 4x the initial budget estimates and is used almost entirelyby rich ohsu employees who can afford to live in the luxury condo towers on the waterfront and a few tourists. Good way to spend $57,000,000 of someone else's money.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unhealthy due to a lack of personal space.
It's amusing that the left 'gets' this with cows & chickens, but not humans...

Present to me scholarly literature that says that people require vast amounts of personal space.

This is something difficult for two reasons, one, there's no money or tolerance for disproving liberal policy. Even if you prove it beyond any doubt, you'll just be called a "denier" or worse. See any one who ever dared to show the truth about global warming. Second, humans are not as simple minded as animals. Being resourceful little bastards, we can tolerate all kinds of conditions...that doesn't mean they're optimal or fullfilling. We've proven that people can live, literally, in tiny prison cells, for decades on end. But it's that REALLY living? I'd suggest for the majority, no. I've lived the urban life in downtown Portland. It's hideous...and were talking about a city regularly held up as a "destination" for young libs. If that's the utopia, we're all doomed. Beyond basic needs, I work primarily so that some glorious day I can be free of the liberal city shit show. There's no freedom in cities, none of them. They are the mother of all HOAs, but it's government agents and the tax man, instead of bored old ladies, that are the source of the problem. I hear all this talk of efficiency, and yet $1000+ hoa fees and million dollar houses and $50,000 parking spots, and crazy high property taxes etc doesn't sound efficient, at all. Cities SHOULD be dirt cheap to live in, because that is the only way that would make the value proposition logical.

My advice to anyone trying to build an urban utopia: do everything in your power to decrease costs, and maximize personal responsibility. Otherwise you would up with massive waste, like the Portland Tram...an urban cluster F that cost 4x the initial budget estimates and is used almost entirelyby rich ohsu employees who can afford to live in the luxury condo towers on the waterfront and a few tourists. Good way to spend $57,000,000 of someone else's money.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Studying rat overcrowding

John B. Calhoun (May 11, 1917 – September 7, 1995) was an American ethologist and behavioral researcher noted for his studies of population density and its effects on behavior. He claimed that the bleak effects of overpopulation on rodents were a grim model for the future of the human race. During his studies, Calhoun coined the term "behavioral sink" to describe aberrant behaviors in overcrowded population density situations and “beautiful ones” to describe passive individuals who withdrew from all social interaction.

<snip>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

Why do you think that inner city people are problematic, crime is high, etc?

Seattle is on the way to become one of those.  The fact it's mostly populated with liberals makes it even worse since rational behavior is not their strength.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top