Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2016 6:39:37 PM EDT
As per Kitsap Sun.

Kitsap Sun

You have a limited number of times to access the articles of Kitsap Sun without having a subscription. The article is very anemic on information so if you don't have a membership it isn't worth clicking as of 1530 on 4/7/16.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#1]
They had a Facebook post earlier saying the range is going to be closed today for maintenance.  shame, I was going to go down and sign up today.  Maybe next week.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The range is never really closed except on Easter and Christmas.  The gate is open 8-6 on weekdays and 8-4 on weekends.  There are certain times when there is no shooting; range maintenance and stuff like that.  You can show up anytime to sign up.

Randy
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#3]
under 30 cal?

so basically no handguns? or im I missing something?

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#4]
About friggin time, this county has gone full retard. I plan on going next weekend.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 5:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Judge Serko said no rifles over 30 caliber.  She recently amended her order to say no weapons over 30 caliber and no action shooting.  These includes rifles, shotguns and handguns.  I'm not sure why she changed the order unless it is to drive the club out of business.  No other club is restricted to 30 caliber, especially not shotguns.

In order for the KRRC to get these restrictions eased, they have to obtain the permit.  Easier said than done as the club has applied but the county still doesn't want us shooting.  I'm not sure what modifications to the range we would need to safely shoot shoguns of any caliber.  I've yet to ever see any shotgun range with baffles to catch shot.  :)

Randy
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:29:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Originally Judge Serko said no rifles over 30 caliber.  She recently amended her order to say no weapons over 30 caliber and no action shooting.  These includes rifles, shotguns and handguns.  I'm not sure why she changed the order unless it is to drive the club out of business.  No other club is restricted to 30 caliber, especially not shotguns.

In order for the KRRC to get these restrictions eased, they have to obtain the permit.  Easier said than done as the club has applied but the county still doesn't want us shooting.  I'm not sure what modifications to the range we would need to safely shoot shoguns of any caliber.  I've yet to ever see any shotgun range with baffles to catch shot.  :)

Randy
View Quote

Gig Harbor Sportsmen's Club has shot screens installed.

Rob
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:59:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info on the screens.  :)

Randy
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
GREAT news!
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As per Kitsap Sun.

Kitsap Sun

You have a limited number of times to access the articles of Kitsap Sun without having a subscription. The article is very anemic on information so if you don't have a membership it isn't worth clicking as of 1530 on 4/7/16.
View Quote

You can clear your cookies for that domain and hit refresh should you want to access it more times.... Specifically the syncwall-sessionid cookie... It's more a nag than a real wall.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Sunday morning a KRRC neighbor called 911 to complain about guns >30 caliber being used at the range.  Beats me how they know what size gun is being used.  Anyway, a police officer arrived at the range and requested to check out the few guns being used on the rifle line.  Turns out they were 17 and 22 caliber.  Officer said he was going to call the complainer and tell him (or her) to stop wasting the police's time.

Ranb

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:36:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sunday morning a KRRC neighbor called 911 to complain about guns >30 caliber being used at the range.  Beats me how they know what size gun is being used.  Anyway, a police officer arrived at the range and requested to check out the few guns being used on the rifle line.  Turns out they were 17 and 22 caliber.  Officer said he was going to call the complainer and tell him (or her) to stop wasting the police's time.

Ranb

View Quote

Wow.

Some people are seriously pathetic.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#12]
probably still the same guy as it's always been, the neighbor who shoots on his own property but complains about the range.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I spent the afternoon enjoying a nice cigar and a couple hundred rounds at my favorite range today, it was pretty damn nice...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#14]
When the police investigated, and learned that the complaint about people shooting firearms greater than .30 caliber was unfounded, it may have actually benefitted the club.  Consistent false complaints would be a really good reason for the club to return to court and seek modification of the order.  People complaining about greater than .30 caliber being used, when it is really only calibers that are allowed, would show that the complainants don't know what they are talking about, and that they actually CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE.  

Complainants will eventually realize that false complaints hurt them more than the club.  Either way, the club wins because either the false complaints will cease, or the complainants will prove that their complaints about excessive noise are unfounded because they don't know what they are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:41:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Or the joke of a court will just state that KRRC has continued to be a nuisance to the community, and that all calibers are apparently disturbing the peace.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ranb

View Quote

Those fuckers bought that property knowing there was a gun range in close proximity.

Fuck them Shit makes me so mad.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I was at the KRRC today and in the early afternoon the police again showed up in response to a complaint about weapons greater than 30 caliber used at the range.  I heard it was another 911 call; not sure if it was the same guy as before.  The Deputy requested permission to inspect the firearms; I had a 5.56, 22lr, 17hmr and a 7mm tcu; the only other bench in use had a .308 AR-10.  The deputy said the prosecutor's office told the police that any firearm stamped with a caliber beginning with .30 was acceptable for use under the current restrictions.

Turn out at the range has been very light.  While the range is restricted to members/guests at the moment; the public will be welcome back the first week of May.  Hope to see more of you there.

Randy
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was at the KRRC today and in the early afternoon the police again showed up in response to a complaint about weapons greater than 30 caliber used at the range.  I heard it was another 911 call; not sure if it was the same guy as before.  The Deputy requested permission to inspect the firearms; I had a 5.56, 22lr, 17hmr and a 7mm tcu; the only other bench in use had a .308 AR-10.  The deputy said the prosecutor's office told the police that any firearm stamped with a caliber beginning with .30 was acceptable for use under the current restrictions.

Turn out at the range has been very light.  While the range is restricted to members/guests at the moment; the public will be welcome back the first week of May.  Hope to see more of you there.

Randy
View Quote

Somebody needs a restraining order filed against them.  A nasty one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Randy
View Quote

Anybody got a .30-378 Weatherby Magnum?  Preferably with a 16" barrel and the nastiest brake available?

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a .223 that sounds like a canon with the muzzle break that is on it.  My wife won't shoot it without double hearing protection.  I'm sure the 7mm makes quite a little noise as well.  if .30 is acceptable then where are all the 30-06 guys
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy

This. It is probably the same person making all of the complaints, so they are now harassing people that are in full compliance of the judges order. Nail them with a restraining order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top