Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2016 5:55:10 PM EDT
Today, I was looking at buying a parts kit to complete an AR project.  I happened to be looking at CDNN's offerings and noticed that they will not ship/sell a parts kit (minus lower) to WA.  What happened to WA, did a new law get passed?

This item cannot be shipped to California, Massachusetts, New York, Washington D.C. or Washington state.
View Quote

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The only WA restriction I see on their site is M16 bolts

https://www.cdnnsports.com/policies
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The RCW is dumb and needs to be changed,  but it sounds like their lawyers are a little paranoid.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 12:31:46 AM EDT
[#4]
they are using the "m16 bolt" on the kits
wa. law
"any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun"
stupid
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the education guys.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#6]
West Marine won't sell flare guns as they fear it might be viewed in violation of current law.

Awesome!

Not.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
West Marine won't sell flare guns as they fear it might be viewed in violation of current law.

Awesome!

Not.
View Quote

Didn't believe you, went and looked it up, totally right.

I'll be sure to mention this next time some asshat mentions gun control.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
wa. law
"any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun"
stupid
View Quote

I agree it's a stupid law, but there's nothing wrong with M16 bolts in WA under the verbaige listed above. To be illegal it would have to be both designed and intended exclusively (not true) for use in a MG. Since they can clearly be used in semi auto ARs, it's not intended or exclusive....
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I agree it's a stupid law, but there's nothing wrong with M16 bolts in WA under the verbaige listed above. To be illegal it would have to be both designed and intended exclusively (not true) for use in a MG. Since they can clearly be used in semi auto ARs, it's not intended or exclusive....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wa. law
stupid

You're right. But I've told companies this same thing until I'm blue in the face, and they still won't sell me parts kits. I know I'm right in what I'm telling them, and most of the time the person I'm talking to acknowledges that I'm probably right, but they still won't sell to me. The worst part is lately I've seen quite a few private sellers put "will not ship to WA" in their description now. When I ask why they say they saw it on another site and figured we must have passed a law recently or something. I never used to have this problem, it almost seems like it's been getting worse lately.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:59:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Some companies take this even further restricting magazine sales for SMGs like the Thompson or Sten.  Sportsman's Guide wouldn't sell me Thompson SMG mags.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#11]
When did that change? I bought Tommy mags from them a couple years ago...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wa. law
stupid

The M16 bolt was intended solely for the M16, thus the name.............It does work in later designed semi auto's, however , it was not intended for that use.
That is the way it has been explained to me.

Here is another opinion worth reading..
http://www.oa2.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15160

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#13]
The M16 bolt was intended solely for the M16, thus the name.............It does work in later designed semi auto's, however , it was not intended for that use.
That is the way it has been explained to me.
View Quote

The same could be said for almost every other major component of an AR-15, or AKM, or any number of other semi-auto rifles based on earlier military designs.  The barrel, the pistol grip, the sights, the sling loops, etc....  Heck, a lot of imported AK kits started their lives as full-auto military guns and they were imported under very strict rules that still allowed most of their parts, including the bolts to be imported and used in semi-auto guns.
The part that matters here is that it is not intended solely for use in a MG.  People get hung up on the name, "Full Auto carrier" .  So what if that's the name.  a very large number of manufacturers build and sell those carriers in rifles that are semi-auto only.  That means they are not intended to be used solely in a MG.
I get that some manufacturers worry about this stuff and it's just as easy for them to sell semi-auto carriers, so why not.  It's still a dumb argument and the name "full-auto carrier" does not make it a carrier that is intended solely for use in FA weapons.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Solely for use in a machine gun to a normal person should mean something like a sear, dias etc. An m16 carrier works in both so its not solely designed for use in an m16.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:35:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I just noticed that Midway won't ship an AK parts kit to Washington, I'm guessing because of this mix up as well.

What a lame misinterpretation.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:35:37 AM EDT
[#16]
As lame as this nonsense is, it's a bit like SKDs armor policy... if you don't like it, other businesses will fill that void. Not all sellers of parts worry about this "issue".

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#17]
When I didn't think things can get more screwed up after hearing about the Franklin Armory triggers not shipping to WA..
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 2:01:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

The law didn't change.

Sportsman's Guide got paranoid & changed their policies...
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The law didn't change.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The law didn't change.

It's like the shit flows downhill. One outfit's lawyer came up with this interpretation, and a bunch of other big name retailers just mirror it without question.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's like the shit flows downhill. One outfit's lawyer came up with this interpretation, and a bunch of other big name retailers just mirror it without question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The law didn't change.

Yup....

Isn't that how internet rumor works too..... say a "lie" or the wrong information LONG enough, it is accepted as fact/truth....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top