Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2016 2:00:28 PM EDT
That's moving to Pioneer square?
Tell them to find another job. RFN.
That job is in the middle of shit, surrounded on every side-all day all night.
For this morning's warm up, some crazy chick went into the store and started tearing shit up- 5am.
Then there was the bum fought-such a normal occurrence it never even gets any attention.
For the main event was the red head...

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I had no idea Weyerhaeuser was moving there. What in the flying hell? TERRIBLE move. Their Federal Way building looks like luxury in comparison.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I worked at their corporate headquarters in Federal Way.

Worked in the past tense being the important part. After having endured years of layoffs, the move to Seattle was just too much.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
After reading the Seattle Times article from a couple years back, I see that the CEO lives in downtown and seems to want the company to conform to his values.

Nearly 900 employees and they are only providing 60ish parking spaces. Majority of their current employees live in the Federal Way/Tacoma area. Employees will be forced to commute into downtown Seattle and find their own parking,  take transit. Comments on Seattle Times article gushing about how great public transit in Seattle is, and Weyerhaeuser employees will just love it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't transfer down there, nor would I allow my Wife to work there but...

If this were not such a twisted third world shit hole city, the commute wouldn't be that hard. Sounder train from south to downtown, walk about two blocks into work.

As for that neighborhood? That whack job red head?  No fucking way. Period.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
So nothing has changed in at least 20 years?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Pics of the red head or it didn't happen
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I only saw her the first couple trips up there- it was dark.
I got the story from the ground guy working there. I guess pics of what she showed them before being arrested is against the COC anyway.
Needles in her pockets and an outstanding warrant from Pierce County for........indecent exposure. <-Understatement!

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:34:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I got the story from the ground guy working there. I guess pics of what she showed them before being arrested is against the COC anyway.

Needles in her pockets and an outstanding warrant from Pierce County for........indecent exposure. <-Understatement!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She sounds like a real winner.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

After reading the Seattle Times article from a couple years back, I see that the CEO lives in downtown and seems to want the company to conform to his values.
Nearly 900 employees and they are only providing 60ish parking spaces. Majority of their current employees live in the Federal Way/Tacoma area. Employees will be forced to commute into downtown Seattle and find their own parking,  take transit. Comments on Seattle Times article gushing about how great public transit in Seattle is, and Weyerhaeuser employees will just love it.
View Quote

We all know how powerful the enviro/prog reality-distortion-field is around that place... 'Sure, people will loooovvee waiting for the always-late busses & then spending an extra 30 min stuck on a bus in gridlocked traffic'...

I spent a few months commuting to 6th-and-Denny, working for a nutty software startup.

Never. Again.

Fortunately, my current job is in Oly & will not be moving...

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I work there at the moment, however, I am hoping by the time The move happens, I have a nice safe State job.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I work there at the moment, however, I am hoping by the time The move happens, I have a nice safe State job.
View Quote

Honestly, while its in the worst neighborhood possible, it may not be too bad as the Sounder stop is only two blocks away. No parking, no traffic, 1/2 hr train ride in and out.

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Honestly, while its in the worst neighborhood possible, it may not be too bad as the Sounder stop is only two blocks away. No parking, no traffic, 1/2 hr train ride in and out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Sounder is great but Tacoma Dome and Auburn Stations are already at parking capacity. The Dome is nuts in the morning when you also add in all the UW Tacoma students as well.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Really glad I left PC last year...just talking to a buddy last night and they are finding out how much less pay they are getting this week. I haven't heard of one person actually gonna relocate over there. Only good thing is land is still open...

It's been a while since I have posted....glad to see it still busy in here.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Sounder is great but Tacoma Dome and Auburn Stations are already at parking capacity. The Dome is nuts in the morning when you also add in all the UW Tacoma students as well.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in Lakewood, so hitting the Lakewood Station is a hop skip and a jump away from me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top