Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2015 12:16:19 PM EDT
I need to know who is good enough to put a Daniel Defense barrel in my Mega Arms upper and also to index my Surefire flash suppressor. Is this a pretty easy thing to do if you have the correct tools or is it a tricky thing that only a good gunsmith should undertake?
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It's easy with the right tools.

If you want to bring it up to Tacoma I can help you.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 3:30:12 AM EDT
[#3]
It would be best to do it yourself. If you aren't willing to, you might want to try Cascade Arms (they're currently having some issues apparently, but they've been good in the past).
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I-5 Guns has a gunsmith on site.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep in mind that the Mega arms billet uppers require a different receiver block than the forged uppers do.  All it takes is the correct receiver block, an armorer's wrench, a torque wrench if you want to be really technical, and some blue loc-tite if you want to enhance accuracy.  The loc-tite is often applied between the barrel and receiver extension, and between the gas block and the barrel (apply it so it doesn't get into the gas system though).

The Loc-tite isn't a requirement, it is one of the little things that some folks use to get that little bit extra accuracy.  If you have a forged rather than billet receiver, some people also want to true up the portion of the upper receiver where the barrel extension meets the upper receiver.  I don't know about how well Mega uppers are made as I have never built on one, but many other uppers benefit from truing up the face of the upper receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top