Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2015 11:00:20 PM EDT
Honestly I did not worry about it until I noticed the mead in the carboy kinda sloshing a bit, because my house was shaking from the wind. I was the only guy at QFC not buying batteries and canned goods, I needed beer, TP and tampons for the lady. I did see a few roof tops lose some shingles and the bay get all kinds of hateful. Some trees went down and the power went out a bit in downtown Everett, no looting or pillaging, though if the lights were off longer I am certain our expanding population of geographically challenged persons and opiate enthusiasts would have gone ferguson on us.

One thing I noticed this moring:
trees were down, shit in roads etc, but no one was doing anything. Back in MI as a kid when we had a tornado tear shit up, everyone responded with chainsaws and got it all cleared, has me thinking that if something big were to actually hit the PS area there would be a lot of sitting around and waiting for the feds to come and save us.

Anyone in the Darrington area? I hear there is some flooding
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Aside from taking over 2hrs to get into Lake Stevens from 128th, I wasn't affected too much.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
We've been without power since yesterday morning. Generator runs the lights, electronics, well pump, freezer, and refrigerator just fine. Too bad everything is electric, we have no hot water and I had to heat a pot of water on the camp stove to take a sponge bath.

It looks like it may be a few days to a week before we get power again due to all of the power poles that were shattered in half and the lines on the ground, We live 7 miles from town and there are at least 5 areas where the lines are down, and the kicker is no one is even working on it yet.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:05:27 AM EDT
[#3]
In my experience a lot of our road crews are good enough that people tend to leave the job to those who are paid to clear trees, especially when power lines are involved. If there are reported trees down I will carry a chain saw, but I've never had to use it myself on anything other than forest service roads.

As mentioned in the other storm thread.. We were without power for most of the evening, got to try out the new generator.

Our neighbor had a tree uproot and slice through their roof above their livingroom, smashing a skylight in. It crushed one of their cars. The tree falling on one car protected the one next to it from being crushed. The husband's state vehicle was missed by a foot.

I need to get a subpanel installed now that we have a generator powerful enough to run several light circuits and a microwave at the same time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:05:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I lost at least four large firs, one aspen and a gigantic ponderosa which I bucked off my road. Probably more down trees but I own a fair bit and haven't looked it all over.  I often get wind so no biggie. Just more firewood to go with the bug/drought killed trees.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:55:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Took me an hour to go the 10 miles to work. Saw some trash cans and random debris in the road and such.. Lost power from 1:30PM up until 10AM this morning
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't lose power at my place, but the neighborhood two blocks from my place was without power for almost 24 hours.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
We were out in Kirkland for 24 hours. Planned for it, lots of batteries and lanterns and weapon lights...  went to bed early got ten hours of sleep.  Only bummer was that house was 53 when we woke up.  No Biggee..
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I was out of power for about 10 hours.  Other than killing my Fallout 4 play time, it was great.  Kids were forced to read books by oil lamp and it gave me an excuse to break out some venison and grill it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was out of power for about 10 hours.  Other than killing my Fallout 4 play time, it was great.  Kids were forced to read books by oil lamp and it gave me an excuse to break out some venison and grill it.
View Quote

Power was out for about 36 hours. After work I drove around with the chainsaw and cleared a few trees then went home to hook up my Honda EU2000 and plugged in the freezer, xbox and tv. I would not be denied Fallout 4.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#10]
My brother expects his neighborhood to be out of power for a week . He has things under control. Others less so from what he has seen we talked today.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#11]
My lights flickered quite a bit but i never fully lost power. I was surprised because power goes out here fairly easy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I lost three segments of 3' white picket fence.

We will rebuild.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Still no power.  But they're working frantically to restore the red light cameras right down the street. Because, priorities.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Lost a good section of our steel roof.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Power came back on at 1200 today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top