Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2015 3:12:19 AM EDT
would like 5 of them. needs to be exact size as a ready to use cartridge minus primer and gun powder. FMJ copper with crimp please. Prefer LC brass

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
would like 5 of them. needs to be exact size as a ready to use cartridge minus primer and gun powder. FMJ copper with crimp please. Prefer LC brass

Thanks
View Quote

I am sure if you do a Google search, you will find what you are looking for.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Form over function?

I know there are factory made dummy rounds made for beta mag you can probably find cheap if those will work.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I already have snap caps, but they are smaller than a real cartridge.  I don't want to Magpul ones.  As of right now, my search brings up Magpuls only.

*edit*

Found some other types of dummy with brass casing.  I'll give those a shot.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have any 223 bullets right now but I could do it once I get some
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Well.. I can put some Extreme 55gn bullets (has cannelure) into some LC 15 cases. I use a factory crimp die from Lee.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
To make up dummy cartridges that will last, here are some tips based on many years of using my own dummy cartridges in classes:

1.  First drill a a set of holes about one sixteenth of an inch in diameter at 90 degrees around the case, put the second set about an eighth or quarter inch away from the first set...you will end up with 4 holes in the cartridge case.   These holes help easily identify the cases as dummy rounds.

2.  Once you figure out the depth to which you want your bullets seated, fill the rest of the case with epoxy, or lead shot.  This helps keep the bullet from being pushed back into the case over time...trust me, this is important if you want to use the dummy rounds long term.

3.  After seating the bullet, crimp it as tightly as possible without buckling the case shoulder.  A taper crimp works best

If you need to fill the primer pocket, buy a little piece of some nylon or similar plastic, and cut a piece that will just fit the primer pocket.

I strongly recommend AGAINST making up any dummy cartridges without the cross drilled holes as it is far to easy for live rounds to get confused with non-drilled dummy rounds.

If all this seems like too much work, you can buy 'em on line, check out surplus military places as the military uses quite a few...they are usually colored dark brown, black, or something like that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I have some for my can cannon, Rainier Ams sell them.  I'm on the Wetside, King/  Pierce area if you want to meet up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top