Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2015 4:33:16 PM EDT
I'm not affiliated but I know the guys opening it.

Glacier Gun Club
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 12:42:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Members only and limited to 1000 members?  Seems....weird.

Rob
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Pistol only?  Hmmm

Sir James...
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems a bit pricey with no pictures of what you are buying into.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#5]
They did a soft start the other day, almost all friends and business associates, just trying to work the kinks out of their system. Workers started hanging steel last week and the ventilation work is progressing. The space is limited so, I think it's going to be 6 lanes with a 40' max shooting distance and limited to pistol except in special cases, Though, I was told the trap is rated for rifle and has some sort of anti-ricochet curtain. I don't know when they will actually open but, they should be updating their website and FB with photos and info.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting....

How is this going over with the neighborhood's clientele?  (If you've seen them, you know what I mean...)
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting....

How is this going over with the neighborhood's clientele?  (If you've seen them, you know what I mean...)
View Quote

I know a lot of hipsters/greeners come into T Brothers and so far I haven't heard of any complaints but, everything has been kept on the "down low". Amazingly from what I've been told, folks from the city have been pretty supportive and some city employees have already signed up. If it keeps the smelly bums from the Salvation Army out, who are only there looking to shoplift or get a free sample, I'd consider that a bonus.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I stopped by there today to check it out.

I met the owners and got a tour. It looks like it's going to be a very nice range.

The bullet traps and target carrier system are supposed to be on their way in the next couple of days and they're planning on having the range operational by December 1.

I'm going to go back tomorrow to sign up.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I stopped by there today to check it out.

I met the owners and got a tour. It looks like it's going to be a very nice range.

The bullet traps and target carrier system are supposed to be on their way in the next couple of days and they're planning on having the range operational by December 1.

I'm going to go back tomorrow to sign up.
View Quote

Glad to hear it, Andy and Mike are great guys.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#10]
The initiation fee is a little steep but the monthly dues aren't bad. I belong to a members only indoor range in Mill Creek/Bothell, Shooting Sports Northwest. The initiation fee was $25.00 and the monthly fee is $35.00 and I usually pay 3 to 6 months at a time. They have 15 lanes and have some set aside for rifles up to 308. and the bulk of the lanes are devoted to pistols.  The range is setup with 25 yards as the farthest distance. They have a section set up with reactive pop up targets. The targets can be setup for different speeds and different patters of pop up. I like the members only idea, wild hair shooters get bounced out quickly. I've never seen anybody doing anything unsafe!  In the winter I get to take my AR15 and Thompson to the range and am out of the weather. I hope the owners make a go of it, Olympia needs a good indoor range. Maybe they will expand the membership once things get rolling!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I joined last night. I can't wait for the range to go live.

I figure I'll be able to shoot 4 days a week at lunch time without increasing my normal weekly ammo expenditure.

I'll maintain my CCRP membership so that in the summer months I'll still go to the range once a week, but I'll be able to concentrate on rifle, which I haven't shot much of in years.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#12]
if I lived within like 15 20 miles of Fort Lewis I would just go to the range on Post, unless you like indoor ranges. Oh, forgot, I think you might need to be military or ex military to be able to shoot there. its like $6 for pistol or rifle range and you can stay all day if you want
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 1:45:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I know the guy who was in charge of hanging the steel separating the range from the rest of the place... that was a LOT of AR500! It's close to work, but far from where I live so it didn't make sense for me otherwise I might have.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

if I lived within like 15 20 miles of Fort Lewis I would just go to the range on Post, unless you like indoor ranges. Oh, forgot, I think you might need to be military or ex military to be able to shoot there. its like $6 for pistol or rifle range and you can stay all day if you want
View Quote

Yep... JBLM MWR Range is where it's at...

Although for folks w/o MWR privledges in Oly, this sounds like a nice place...

I wish them the best of luck...

Link Posted: 10/24/2015 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#15]
According to the rules you can only use their ammo, I wonder what they are going to charge for that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
According to the rules you can only use their ammo, I wonder what they are going to charge for that.
View Quote

That rule only applies to their rental guns.

You can bring your own ammo to include cast lead reloads for use in your own guns.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You can bring your own ammo to include cast lead reloads for use in your own guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you are allowed to collect your own brass, as long as it doesn't go out in front of the firing line.

The owners really seem like they're trying to cater to serious gun enthusiasts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Heard an ad on the radio for this place this morning.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I stopped in there this afternoon to see how things were progressing.

The bullet traps are up and the lane dividers are in. Looked like they were still working on the overhead ballistic protection. Lots of work still to be done but it's taking shape.

They're still calling for a 1 December live-fire date.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#21]
LOL -  A dress code? In downtown Olympia? They have got to be kidding. Cigars OK, cigarettes and vapes Not OK?
Jesus.
Where do I get my First Class Ticket for this new boat of yours, Mr. Ismay?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LOL -  A dress code? In downtown Olympia? They have got to be kidding. Cigars OK, cigarettes and vapes Not OK?
Jesus.
Where do I get my First Class Ticket for this new boat of yours, Mr. Ismay?
View Quote

By dress code, I guess you mean this?

4. All members must maintain a clean and presentable appearance while at the club.  For example, no muddy boots, sweaty/dirty clothes, etc.

I wouldn't call that unreasonable, if you've been in there you know it's a nice place and will stay that way. But you're right, it's not for everyone.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#23]
They're going to have "family hours", maybe they can have "unkempt hours" to be inclusive and all that...     Who knows, maybe it's an untapped market.  LOL
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#24]
The range is live now.

People who have already obtained memberships are being notified in groups to pick up their key cards.

I picked mine up today and got a little trigger time.

I'm looking forward to spending more time there.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#25]
thats way to much money . i guess you have to pay for all that expensive furniture.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
thats way to much money . i guess you have to pay for all that expensive furniture.
View Quote

I guess it depends on how often you shoot.

The club is 5 minutes from my office and I plan to shoot 4 days a week.
That makes each visit $1.87. That doesn't seem to bad to me.

If I was only going to shoot once a month, it would be too much.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes it is, just to pop off a few rounds. But, there are other opportunities that some people care about and other won't. Yesterday, in a relaxed social setting I met the current Thurston County Sheriff and no, I didn't ask him to sign off on my Form 4, this time. I also met former Sheriff Gary Edwards both very friendly and approachable; connections and networking have value that are hard to measure.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes it is, just to pop off a few rounds. But, there are other opportunities that some people care about and other won't. Yesterday, in a relaxed social setting I met the current Thurston County Sheriff and no, I didn't ask him to sign off on my Form 4, this time. I also met former Sheriff Gary Edwards both very friendly and approachable; connections and networking have value that are hard to measure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says you.  I plan to put that value on my tax write-off's!  
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#30]
They are looking to hire somebody, if you know anybody who would be interested, have them contact Andy or Mike

"concierge position. Job includes reception duties, clerical, tours, handling firearms..."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top