BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, takes effect 90 days after end of session.
View Quote

Thanks for all your work with this and for keeping us Up to date.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:12:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

When are you guys thinking you're gonna start submitting form 1's again.

I think the wait is like 5-6 months now.
View Quote
Is that the efile time?

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When are you guys thinking you're gonna start submitting form 1's again.

I think the wait is like 5-6 months now.
View Quote

I am a little afraid to submit prior to the bill actually becoming law, I'm worried that if denied I would find out after the July 41F implementation.  

I know a bunch of guys submitted early last time and it worked out just fine though.  given the efile wait time was only about 1.5 months back then

-Mike
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]
My thoughts exactly. There were people that submitted their forms before the law went into effect last time and AFAIK none of them got denied.... but better safe than sorry with 41F looming. The wait will prolly be over a year, but it's better than getting denied and missing the boat.

In any event, when is the final Senate vote? Still one more, correct?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In any event, when is the final Senate vote? Still one more, correct?

View Quote

Brian hasn't seen any of the other bill edit votes go through, including 6165.  No set schedule for those but he expects it to be soon.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Troubling. Hopefully it happens soon. As soon as it is signed, it'll be time to start stockpiling guns I wanna SBR before the deadline...
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#8]
looks like it just got confirmed by the senate!

IN THE SENATE
   Mar 7  Senate concurred in House amendments.
     Passed final passage; yeas, 44; nays, 4; absent, 0; excused, 1.

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it off to Inslee now?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting, McCoy voted yes this time.  He was a no vote last month in the Senate.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]
It gets rubber stamped by the senate president/house speaker first, but yeah that's basically the final major step remaining as I understand it. :)
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I was just driving home and heard Inslee on the radio say he will VETO every bill passed this session if the house doesn't pass a budget by Thursday.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was just driving home and heard Inslee on the radio say he will VETO every bill passed this session if the house doesn't pass a budget by Thursday.
View Quote

Seems familiar, so you are saying the Bill is in trouble

ETA did a search (and welcome to the site):

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — Gov. Jay Inslee has threatened to veto lawmakers’ bills unless they get a supplemental budget to him by Thursday, the final day of the 60-day legislative session.

At a news conference Monday, Inslee said that while negotiations between the Democratic-led House and Republican-led Senate are continuing, lawmakers “need to pick up that pace substantially.”

Inslee said that so far 35 bills have passed the Legislature and are awaiting his signature, and that many more are expected to make their way to his desk.

Bills that are delivered to Inslee more than five days before the Legislature adjourns have five days to be acted on; bills delivered fewer than five days before adjournment have 20 days to be acted on. If the governor takes no action, the bills automatically become law. But Inslee said the veto threat is needed to prod action.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet jebus. If we get foiled because some idiots in Olympia can't do their primary job....

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sweet jebus. If we get foiled because some idiots in Olympia can't do their primary job....

View Quote

No shit, what a bunch of clowns.  My blood pressure doesn't need this.  I'm getting a Scorpion for my b-day, and had grand plans of e-filing in the small window before 41p.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Thanks to all who worked on this, it's much appreciated!

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Foot stomping.  Nothing more.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I hope you're right Dawg. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, and rub the lucky rabbits foot!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 1:30:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Foot stomping.  Nothing more.
View Quote

They are hellbent on increasing taxes and apparently there are even some talks about pushing an income tax in WA.  Of course, one of the excuses is "the children" (education, blah, blah...).    And that Inslee is one pushing it.  

So, can the gangsters trying for the tax increases get anything by holding other bills hostage?

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:16:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm not going to guess on every single unknown out there.  

Go grab your tinfoil and invest in Alcoa if you wish to.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:30:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Aluminum foil. Aluminum!!!!! If you're British, "aluminium foil" would also be correct? Sorry, pet peeve...
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#21]
F**k income tax!
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I earn all my income in OR anyway. Already taxed!

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can he veto anything that passed with such a large margin?
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He can veto any bill he wants, even if it is passed unanimously. Then it is up to the legislature to override it.

The legislature's last day in regular session is March 10th. Were he to veto it after that day, the legislature would have to reconvene under a special session to override any vetoes by a 2/3rds majority in both houses, which would be pretty much unheard of.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He can veto any bill he wants, even if it is passed unanimously. Then it is up to the legislature to override it.

The legislature's last day in regular session is March 10th. Were he to veto it after that day, the legislature would have to reconvene under a special session to override any vetoes by a 2/3rds majority in both houses, which would be pretty much unheard of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Fuck this sucks
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#26]
If it comes to that, we're probably hosed. We got great majority votes for this bill, but let's face it, for the vast majority of the legislature this is pretty low priority. If the gov vetoes "everything" due to this budget standoff, the house/Senate will be scrambling to save what is most important to them... and it won't be an SBR fix bill. No, this bill needs to be signed, or not, by the Governor. A veto if almost certainly a loss for the good guys.

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
F**k income tax!
View Quote

No need to use the *

It's okay to say fuck.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Senate president has signed off on the bill.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Senate president has signed off on the bill.
View Quote

Good news.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Just one more signature to go!! Cmon Inslee! You can doooooo iiiiiit!

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Actually, speaker of the house needs to sign as well, but that is more like a rubber stamp.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yup, takes effect 90 days after end of session.
View Quote

Do you know what the date the last day of session is?
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#33]
March 10 I believe.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#34]
tomorrow?
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Actually, speaker of the house needs to sign as well, but that is more like a rubber stamp.
View Quote

good to know. After the SotH signs it, will it officially be 'on the governor's desk'? When does the "veto it or it becomes law" clock start ticking?

90 days eh? Me thinks on June 8th the eForms site is gonna be BUSY.

I'll do at least 5...maybe more...
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Speak signed. Bill was officially delivered to the governor today.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Speak signed. Bill was officially delivered to the governor today.
View Quote

Bastard, stealing my thunder.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

When does the "veto it or it becomes law" clock start ticking?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When does the "veto it or it becomes law" clock start ticking?

20 days after deliver of the bill.  March 29th, give or take a day..
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Does this sound correct?

If everything goes well the new Washington State SBR law goes into effect June 8, 2016

ATF 41-P goes into effect July 13, 2016

So we have a 5 week window to get our eForms filed before we have to deal with 41-p?
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Does this sound correct?

If everything goes well the new Washington State SBR law goes into effect June 8, 2016

ATF 41-P goes into effect July 13, 2016

So we have a 5 week window to get our eForms filed before we have to deal with 41-p?
View Quote

I'd say the window opens as soon as Inslee signs it or it passes the "no action" period. With a 5 month wait currently, and it only getting longer as 41p nears, ATF won't even touch your submission till well after June 8th.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 3:46:57 AM EDT
[#41]
A month is plenty of time to submit... I personally wouldn't do it early. What if they get a wild hair and deny it, on July 14th...

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#42]
They just said on the radio that the budget will not be submitted on time.  I guess we will see if the Governor actually keeps his word and vetoes all the bills on his desk.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#43]
double suckage...even if he doesn't veto (yet), this means the session will end later, right? That shrinks our window a bit. If those SOBs in Olympia muck this up it's going to be SUCH a tease. wtf.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:32:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:33:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Not sure why 41f is such a concern to so many. Before 41f = trust. After = individual.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:20:09 AM EDT
[#46]
No more efile is the reason I assume.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:36:28 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Not sure why 41f is such a concern to so many. Before 41f = trust. After = individual.
View Quote
More hoops to jump through.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:38:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

individual sucks
This state banned any in state transfer of a machine gun owned by an individual (not individuals like family on a trust) unless a transfer/sale to out of state so if you do have one you cant even pass it
down to family in WA as it would be a transfer, a trust would be the better way to go if they some day decided to ban some of the tools like Cans and SBR's again
as the family on the trust can keep it without any transfer or sale.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:40:59 AM EDT
[#49]
on king5 they just had the gov on, and he said he vetod 20 something and signed 10.  ugh.  seems like a pretty dick move.  "some of you didn't do your jobs, so i'm going to throw away everyone's work"
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:57:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
on king5 they just had the gov on, and he said he vetod 20 something and signed 10.  ugh.  seems like a pretty dick move.  "some of you didn't do your jobs, so i'm going to throw away everyone's work"
View Quote

He sure didn't waste any time on that.  Is there a list on the wa.gov site somewhere saying which were vetoed?
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top