Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Great work! Thanks for all your effort here over the last few months Dawgfish!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I wouldn't tempt fate with prior-to-6/9 submissions, especially if you're doing pre-41F trust submissions. Last thing you want to do is get screwed and have to resubmit after 41F.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I wouldn't tempt fate with prior-to-6/9 submissions, especially if you're doing pre-41F trust submissions. Last thing you want to do is get screwed and have to resubmit after 41F.

View Quote

Yup.  That is exactly the issue.  They have one state changing process and a few weeks later the entire nation is changing process.  Don't be a dick.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:21:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I also wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for all of the effort that went into this. So grateful.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 3:36:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I also wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for all of the effort that went into this. So grateful.
View Quote

Hear hear!
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordering an M92 pap today, and a few AR lowers.

Can't find anything else I need to sbr. I was going to do a cz evo, but I can't push myself to pull the trigger on it. May have to wait tell post 41f and paper form it.

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, here's another option for ya'll.  How about a Vz61, or the original Skorpion.  Relatively inexpensive at around $600 and pretty unique IMO.  Might be nice to combine old school with new since a lot of you have the current EVO.

Back to the original topic at hand.  Thanks Dawg and everyone here and elsewhere who supported this effort!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Can't find anything else I need to sbr. I was going to do a cz evo, but I can't push myself to pull the trigger on it. May have to wait tell post 41f and paper form it.

View Quote

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure what else to SBR either. I posted in the armory/SBR subforum about it. People had some good ideas, but I'm not sure I'm gonna get any more in the near term. I am definitely trying to "beat 41F", and I'll have 3-4 SBRs, a DD, and a couple of suppressors submitted in process before the deadline. I'm considering a CZ Bren pistol...and a second M92 PAP...both of which are a bit redundant (already have one SBR'd M92, and will have 3 SBR'd ARs) so I dunno if I'm gonna sink the $ into either (or both) yet...
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure what else to SBR either. I posted in the armory/SBR subforum about it. People had some good ideas, but I'm not sure I'm gonna get any more in the near term. I am definitely trying to "beat 41F", and I'll have 3-4 SBRs, a DD, and a couple of suppressors submitted in process before the deadline. I'm considering a CZ Bren pistol...and a second M92 PAP...both of which are a bit redundant (already have one SBR'd M92, and will have 3 SBR'd ARs) so I dunno if I'm gonna sink the $ into either (or both) yet...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MPX or MCX
Glock (or any pistol really, that fits in those "chassis" things)
MAC/Cobray
UZI
P90
10/22 (easiest is to use a charger takedown)
HK MP5/93/91
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#10]
MPX or MCX: have a scorpion, so the mpx seems redundant... MCX could be good though...

Glock: have one SBRd already...

MAC/Cobray: hmmm, maybe.,.

UZI: thought about this one. I like the history of it, but with a scorpion already in the arsenal it to seems redundant...

P90: I'm gonna build a 90/22 SBR instead... not interested in 5.7x28, but love the design of the p90...

10/22 (easiest is to use a charger takedown): see above...

HK MP5/93/91: an mp5 clone is definitely a possibility. Wish they weren't sooo spendy... but then again, at this point what isn't expensive?

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a couple of ARs I want to SBR.

And a PS90.

And eventually a MP5 clone.

And a Thompson M1 clone.

I think it's going to be just the ARs and PS90 for the period pre-41F though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 3:11:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm doing a Thompson and a mares leg, in addition to my 5 AR's, MP5, and a SCAR16
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#13]

So no trust/no CLEO sign off SBR's now...all we have to do is our Form 1's at the appropriate time?

I've been busy with life and haven't followed anything in a while, so I'm totally lost. Is it the same for suppressors now too?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So no trust/no CLEO sign off SBR's now...all we have to do is our Form 1's at the appropriate time?

I've been busy with life and haven't followed anything in a while, so I'm totally lost. Is it the same for suppressors now too?
View Quote

Correct
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
MPX or MCX: have a scorpion, so the mpx seems redundant... MCX could be good though...

Glock: have one SBRd already...

MAC/Cobray: hmmm, maybe.,.

UZI: thought about this one. I like the history of it, but with a scorpion already in the arsenal it to seems redundant...

P90: I'm gonna build a 90/22 SBR instead... not interested in 5.7x28, but love the design of the p90...

10/22 (easiest is to use a charger takedown): see above...

HK MP5/93/91: an mp5 clone is definitely a possibility. Wish they weren't sooo spendy... but then again, at this point what isn't expensive?

View Quote

My mp5 is the most enjoyable gun to shoot, the 53 and 51p are loud and awesome but I'd be hard pressed to pick them or any others over an mp5.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

9MM AR isn't too spendy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:My mp5 is the most enjoyable gun to shoot, the 53 and 51p are loud and awesome but I'd be hard pressed to pick them or any others over an mp5.
View Quote

You've shot a lot of cool toys Scorp, have you shot the Bren 805 yet? I can get one of those for under $1500. Zenith MP5 clone is closer to $1700. As much as I'm a product of the 1980s and love MP5s i just dunno if I can pull the trigger on buying a clone at that kinda price when I already have multiple other 9mm sub gun options in the safe.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Correct
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct

Thank you Sir! Time to start plotting out my purchases.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You've shot a lot of cool toys Scorp, have you shot the Bren 805 yet? I can get one of those for under $1500. Zenith MP5 clone is closer to $1700. As much as I'm a product of the 1980s and love MP5s i just dunno if I can pull the trigger on buying a clone at that kinda price when I already have multiple other 9mm sub gun options in the safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:My mp5 is the most enjoyable gun to shoot, the 53 and 51p are loud and awesome but I'd be hard pressed to pick them or any others over an mp5.

I havent but I think they are pretty cool, with new stock options coming I think it will be a decent gun. I have a couple zeniths in the safe waiting on form 4's you can check out, I'm expecting a delivery today for you. If we go shoot it I can bring some other stuff too.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I havent but I think they are pretty cool, with new stock options coming I think it will be a decent gun. I have a couple zeniths in the safe waiting on form 4's you can check out, I'm expecting a delivery today for you. If we go shoot it I can bring some other stuff too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there some progress on the LMT front you haven't told me about?

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I've pretty much read this thread from the beginning, and have probably forgotten much of it throughout the process.
Question: Did the necessity to re write and pass this bill affect doing a Form 1 suppressor here in Washington?
Has anyone successfully e-filed a suppressor form 1 and had it go all the way through to a stamp in the last year or so?
Thanks in advance for helping me to not wade through all 23 pages.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#22]
No and yes. I had two F1 cans approved in the last couple of months.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#23]
41F goes into effect July 13, 6165 is effective June 6?  So, if I want to sbr a scorpion, do I buy the pistol now and submit a form 1 in June?  Filing before July 13 on my trust will still be pre 41F right?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes is the answer to all of those questions...but it's June 9, not 6.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes is the answer to all of those questions...but it's June 9, not 6.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#26]
You're very welcome. SBRs for everyone!!!

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Here we go, Sig MPX ordered...
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Big thanks to everyone who worked hard to getnthis thru!
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:59:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rainier Arms had 3 factory ones on their website earlier today....
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:53:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They seem to be selling SBRs fast. They had the SLR107-UR SBR in their email today, and it was sold out by the time I took a look at the site.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They seem to be selling SBRs fast. They had the SLR107-UR SBR in their email today, and it was sold out by the time I took a look at the site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With 41F looming, everything NFA is selling fast....
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Welp. Buying a Scorpion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Scorpion is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Data is off to the powers that be in Washington State and in WV.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Data is off to the powers that be in Washington State and in WV.
View Quote

Awesome. Is there any kind of 2-way comm associated with this? Meaning, will there be confirmation from the land of the examiners that "yes, we're aware of the law and will approve forms once it's in effect"???

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll leave that part to Brian Blake.  He sent the data that was received directly from the Governors office.  That should be better than some guy with a Hotmail email address.  That should also open up a vetted two way communication between the powers that be and the Washington state legislator who ran the legislation.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'll leave that part to Brian Blake.  He sent the data that was received directly from the Governors office.  That should be better than some guy with a Hotmail email address.  That should also open up a vetted two way communication between the powers that be and the Washington state legislator who ran the legislation.
View Quote

Good to hear. Thanks!

You'll have to let us know when he's up for re-election (this year?). I'm sure some folks here wouldn't mind supporting him.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Gonna do a Draco, Scorpion and at least 2 AR lowers.

Hope to get my Bulgarian Krink back soon.

Everyone on point thank you, thank you, THANK YOU
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fantastic. With 41F looming, this last step was pretty important so I'm glad we've crossed the finish line. Bring on 06/09/16! I'm going to do 2 ARs, a scorpion, and a M92 PAP, minimum. Maybe a Bren 805 also...

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You'll have to let us know when he's up for re-election (this year?). I'm sure some folks here wouldn't mind supporting him.
View Quote

Amen. Blake has my vote.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Fantastic. With 41F looming, this last step was pretty important so I'm glad we've crossed the finish line. Bring on 06/09/16! I'm going to do 2 ARs, a scorpion, and a M92 PAP, minimum. Maybe a Bren 805 also...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm tempted by that Bren as well. It's really, and seems like a rifle version would be fun.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I wish the msrp was a little lower, but they can be found online for just under $1500. Not outrageous for a piston / side charging SBR candidate.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Scorpion is awesome.
View Quote

I ended up with two.  Guess I'll be dual-wielding.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Alright guys, we are good to go starting June 9th!

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/crdUSyE.jpg
View Quote

WOOHOO!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Fandamntastic!

51 days is a lot easier wait than the normal wait time for a Form 1. I can do that easy. After tat the real wait begins.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

WOOHOO!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/crdUSyE.jpg

WOOHOO!!!

WOOHOOX87
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:50:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Fawkin kick ass. w00t!

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#50]
So... just want to confirm. If i submit my form 1 with trust right not for building SBR it will not be denied by ATF?
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top