Submitted: 07/06/2016
Control/permit #: 201XXXXXXX

Approved
04/19/2017
287 days
9.4 months
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#2]
man, the # of applications pre-41F must have been craaaazy with how slowly the approvals are advancing relative to the submission date!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
man, the # of applications pre-41F must have been craaaazy with how slowly the approvals are advancing relative to the submission date!
View Quote
The examiner I spoke with on Monday she said that the volume they have is actually increasing as they work towards the cutoff. She said one they start on the post 41F's they should go somewhat quicker as the volume just is t what it used to be especially on transfers. She wasn't sure how the new forms were going to work as they changed them some, but nothing major. I think allot of people are waiting to see what happens with the safe hearing act, and others just refuse the wait times so their taking a wait and see how it shakes out. I'm thinking of doing a couple more here in the next few week because I think if the safe hearing act passes, it will hell to get a suppressor for quite while, and sure it's a $200.00 gamble, but I don't think the wait will be that bad either, and if it does pass before it's approved I would or should get my stamp tax money back anyway.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The examiner I spoke with on Monday she said that the volume they have is actually increasing as they work towards the cutoff. She said one they start on the post 41F's they should go somewhat quicker as the volume just is t what it used to be especially on transfers. She wasn't sure how the new forms were going to work as they changed them some, but nothing major. I think allot of people are waiting to see what happens with the safe hearing act, and others just refuse the wait times so their taking a wait and see how it shakes out. I'm thinking of doing a couple more here in the next few week because I think if the safe hearing act passes, it will hell to get a suppressor for quite while, and sure it's a $200.00 gamble, but I don't think the wait will be that bad either, and if it does pass before it's approved I would or should get my stamp tax money back anyway.
View Quote
You don't have anything to lose by buying now, I'm getting ready to order 2 more. Just trying to decide exactly which 2 I want.

Although I was done Pre-41f, my RPR finally came in and my saker 762 seems way too heavy to put on it, seems like it needs a dedicated light weight can.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I doubt I'll buy any more cans...I primarily want the HPA to pass so that the silencer addicts will stop clogging the system and making SBR/DD approvals take 6+ months. If they kept the same level of staffing with examiners and passed HPA, the rest of the stuff would prolly see 30 day approvals. At least until attrition / budget cuts reduced the staff.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Just submitted 3 form 1s.  Let's see how long it takes with the new process.  I hope things move quickly once they get through the backlog of 41F stuff, things will move quickly.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm currently getting back Form 4s submitted in June 2016.  Also, Form 4s are taking about 2 months to go pending.  The latest Form 4s that went pending were submitted earlier this year in late January.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea, I agree now is the time, I want a Rugged Obsidian and Surge. Thinking about a Allen to go with my 12th Model. I'm still wanting a 203, but I think I've got some time there, the suppressors are going to a little harder if the HPA passes or the wait times go way down, either way I think their going to be harder to get then the 203?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Question. I am working on a new form 1 for a CZ scorpion. For the CLEO notification do I send that to the Pierce county sheriff myself or does the ATF do it?
Do I just bundle everything and send it along or split it up?

Also, What address do I put for the pierce county sheriff? Headquarters? local office?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Send it to the guy in charge of state police. You send it, not ATF. Not sure what you mean by bundle / split...?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Finally got the email I've been waiting on!

Form 1 E-file SBR
#20163160XX
Submitted: 6/30/16
Approved: 4/7/17
281 days
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Send it to the guy in charge of state police. You send it, not ATF. Not sure what you mean by bundle / split...?
View Quote
Okay. name and address of where to send it? I am having trouble finding it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:Okay. name and address of where to send it? I am having trouble finding it.
View Quote
very first google hit had a link to this pdf...

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/about/docs/batiste.pdf

the name/address on the top of that doc are both current. :)
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Okay. name and address of where to send it? I am having trouble finding it.

Thank you very, very much
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Trust
Form 1 (5) old school paper and mail.
Mailed July 9
Check cashed July 11th
Stamps in my possession April 8th
Still waiting on a form 4 sent the same time
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#16]
New form 1's do not have to be printed on both sides of paper? true?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Trust
Mailed July 9
Check cashed July 11th
View Quote
WHAT???  My eForm w/ Trust was submitted on 7/8 so it SHOULD have been ahead of you by at least 3 days.  The ATF sucks.  Happy for you.  The ATF can suck a golf ball through 30 feet of garden hose.

Rob
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Correct.  In fact, if you try to double-page print it you will have issues because one of the pages will share between ATF Copy 2 and CLEO copy.  The BATF instructions say you no longer need to have them double sided.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
WHAT???  My eForm w/ Trust was submitted on 7/8 so it SHOULD have been ahead of you by at least 3 days.  The ATF sucks.  Happy for you.  The ATF can suck a golf ball through 30 feet of garden hose.

Rob
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trust
Mailed July 9
Check cashed July 11th

Rob
I know, I even had to make a correction, which lost me a week or more. A friend of mine did a efile the day I mailed and he's still waiting as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#20]
It looks like they are trying to improve it, can't get any worse right!?

ATF Announces NFA Branch Reorganization
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I received my two 6/11/16 Eform 1 submissions back on Friday 1/20/17.  Now just waiting on a Paper Form 4 SBR, check cashed 6/27/16 and another Eform 1 from 7/7/16.
View Quote
I got a call from my FFL today, the Paper Form 4 for my Rifle Dynamics AK SBR came back today.  Check cashed 6/27/16, arrived at FFL/Dealer on 4/18/17, 305 days.  I can't wait to pick it up on Thursday.  Hopefully my last Eform 1 from 7/7/16 shows up soon.  Then I need to submit another Form 4 suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I finally got back my last Form 1 from the big 41P rush today,

Filed 7/4/16

Approved 4/24/17

Edit: It was an Eform on a trust btw
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#23]
17 June to 1 May

312 days

Paper

Form 1
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Any recent approvals for local folks?  In the SBR forum I have now seen some approvals with control numbers HIGHER than my 327,5xx from 7/8.  Any day now.  

Rob
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Any recent approvals for local folks?  In the SBR forum I have now seen some approvals with control numbers HIGHER than my 327,5xx from 7/8.  Any day now.  

Rob
View Quote
Not yet

7/11 333,xxx
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
17 June to 1 May

312 days

Paper

Form 1
View Quote
I'm actually pretty surprised that we haven't gone over a year on wait times. I thought that it would in a perfect storm of panic-buying. Not that 312 days is 'good', but it's lower than I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Still waiting on my 7/7/16 Eform 1 Trust, 3251XX.  Any day now, hopefully...
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Correct.  In fact, if you try to double-page print it you will have issues because one of the pages will share between ATF Copy 2 and CLEO copy.  The BATF instructions say you no longer need to have them double sided.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will there be any issues with a submission what was printed double sided as long as the pages were indexed properly?

Edit, I found my answer HERE. It does not appear that there is any penalty for printing the forms double sided:

The specific instruction on the old versions of both forms stated:

“Photocopies or Computer Generated Versions.   After downloading or copying and printing this form from the ATF website, ensure that the front and back are on the same sheet of paper. The NFA Branch will not approve the application if the front and back are on separate sheets of paper.”

The new version specifically disavows this requirement.  The new instruction states:

“Photocopies or Computer Generated Versions.  The form may be copied or downloaded (for example, from the ATF website (www.atf.gov)). The form does not have to be printed front to back.”
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm actually pretty surprised that we haven't gone over a year on wait times. I thought that it would in a perfect storm of panic-buying. Not that 312 days is 'good', but it's lower than I thought it would be.
View Quote
My RIGHT was "on hold" for 312 days.  RIGHTS can not be "on hold" we either have them or we do not!!!

If all other RIGHTS were subject to the same hoops that we as firearms owners jump through changes would happen very quickly.

312 seconds is too long!!!

I am for CONSTITUTIONAL TRANSFERS.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Preaching to the choir here, I'm a "zero gun laws" kinda guy myself. Just commenting on expected vs actual wait times.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#31]
07/07/16 Submitted

05/08/17 Approved

Form 1

efile
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Submitted 07/07/16

Approved 05/12/17

Form 1, Trust, efile
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm really thinking I'll hit a year at this point.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm really thinking I'll hit a year at this point.
View Quote
Same for my last two.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Just out of curiosity, why do we get a Draft copy of the stamp emailed to us instead of an actual stamp?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, why do we get a Draft copy of the stamp emailed to us instead of an actual stamp?
View Quote
They screwed up. (happens a lot)

Email them, they'll correct it in a few days.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They screwed up. (happens a lot)

Email them, they'll correct it in a few days.
View Quote
I'll try that, thanks.
I thought maybe they emailed a draft, and then sent a hard copy later, but it's been 4 months...I forgot about it for a while.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'll try that, thanks.
I thought maybe they emailed a draft, and then sent a hard copy later, but it's been 4 months...I forgot about it for a while.
View Quote
No hard copy with efile.

My first efile came draft status, email ted or ask the expert and they'll sort it out for you.

(Not sure if he's still the go to guy)
[email protected]

Or

eForms Help Desk
Call 1 (877) 875-3723 or contact us by email at [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Still waiting for my 7/8.  Someone reported receiving approval on a control number 300 higher than mine nearly a week ago!  Come on!

Rob
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I got my last Pre-41F stamp back.  Form1 Trust SBR, submitted on 7/7/16, received 5/18/17.  Now to purchase two more cans, a DeadAir Wolverine PBS-1 and either a DeadAir Sandman S or Silencerco Saker ASR K.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Form 4 Trust July 8, check cashed July 11th, not sure exactly when approved, but sent to the seller of the SBR, arrived at his address last Wednesday. This is the last of the ones I mailed last year.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#42]
My one and only Form 3 was approved today.  Submitted 7/8/16.  Approved 5/20/17.   eForm, Trust.

Now I need to get my lower engraved.

Rob
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#43]
After getting my form 1s back last week called around Spokane to try and find an engraver. Finally found one, AXIS MFG in the Spokane Valley just east of the fairgrounds. Did a couple of ARs and a CZ scorpion. Just throwing that out there for those drysiders who are in the same boat as me, all form'd up and nowhere to go.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
After getting my form 1s back last week called around Spokane to try and find an engraver. Finally found one, AXIS MFG in the Spokane Valley just east of the fairgrounds. Did a couple of ARs and a CZ scorpion. Just throwing that out there for those drysiders who are in the same boat as me, all form'd up and nowhere to go.
View Quote
I shipped mine over to Trevor, sent it with a copy of my Form 1 so everything would be correct, he called to get a exact location and three days later I had them back. Quick, painless and done perfect.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I understand Trevor's business is co-located with CAR in Kent.  I'm not familiar with them.  Is that the same location where Pinto's Gun Shop used to be?

Rob
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I understand Trevor's business is co-located with CAR in Kent.  I'm not familiar with them.  Is that the same location where Pinto's Gun Shop used to be?

Rob
View Quote
They're in the valley around SE 192nd and West Valley Highway
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Could you post a picture of the Scorpion engraving? Asked him about doing a pending Scorpion when he did my 9mm lower several months back. At that time he hadn't done any, wondering how it turned out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Trevor did my NFA engraving on Saturday and I think it looks great.

Rob
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:08:28 AM EDT
[#49]
2x Form 1 - Eforms - SBR

Filed: 7/11/16

Approved: 5/31/2017
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#50]
My trust paperwork has a form for transferring non-NFA firearms (or other property) to the Trust and particularly mentions transferring them to the Trust before building the Trust's SBR on Form 1.

For States that allow Form 1 SBRs AND require all firearms transfers to go through a dealer/FFL, does this also include the transfer of the Title 1 firearm or receiver from the individual to the Trust?  Anyone had to do this before?

The question here...one entity, an individual, owns a Title 1 firearm (AR-15 receiver).  The Trust, a different entity, needs to own this receiver in order for the receiver to be "made" into an SBR.  So the receiver needs to be transferred from one entity (individual) to another (Trust).  Does this need to go through a dealer?

EDIT:
I talked to the firm that prepared my Trust and they said that they basically have no definitive answer.  The Trust cannot really fill out a 4473, so it is the Trustee taking possession who fills it out and the Trustee who gets a NICS check.  Since I am the only Trustee, that would mean ME filling out the 4473 and getting the NICS check when I am in fact also the Transferor.  Since Spouses are exempt from provisions of I-594, I would have to assume that Self is also exempt.  So as long as only myself and exempt persons are Trustees, there should never be a need to jump through this hoop for this type of transfer.

But I'd still like to hear if anyone else has any real-world input into this.

Rob
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top