Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2015 9:54:41 AM EDT
I know it's not really the season, I'm planning ahead for winter.

So far I've only seen it at HomeDepot and the like. Are there any other better or cheaper places to buy it at around here?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I know this doesn't help you at all but I was shocked the other day to see the other side of the diesel pump at the little place by my house is a karosene pump. Never seen it in anything more than a 5 gal bucket.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know this doesn't help you at all but I was shocked the other day to see the other side of the diesel pump at the little place by my house is a karosene pump. Never seen it in anything more than a 5 gal bucket.
View Quote

I've heard about it being sold at the pump, and was kinda hoping there was a gas station down here that sold it that way. (Supposedly it's cheaper) I'm also going to put it in my containers anyway so buying it in a bucket just to trash it seems silly.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I buy stove oil in a 50 gallon barrel.  It is dyed red, and is not clear like standard kerosene.  Works fine in my heaters, and it cost me $2.80/gallon.  Much cheaper than the $10/gallon for clear.  Check with home heating oil companies for K1 stove oil.  K2 has more sulfur content and may not be suited for some stoves.  I got mine from MASCO in Grays Harbor County.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I buy stove oil in a 50 gallon barrel.  It is dyed red, and is not clear like standard kerosene.  Works fine in my heaters, and it cost me $2.80/gallon.  Much cheaper than the $10/gallon for clear.  Check with home heating oil companies for K1 stove oil.  K2 has more sulfur content and may not be suited for some stoves.  I got mine from MASCO in Grays Harbor County.
View Quote

Thanks man, I'll look it up.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
They also refer to the two as Stove oil #1 and #2.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Find your local farm store or Co-Op. If they sell fuel, they probably sell Kerosene from a pump.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top