Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2015 12:06:00 PM EDT
Hey, all. I'm looking for someplace or someone to watch my corn snake and tarantula. I'll be attending ALC in October, and I'm trying to get things lined up now, but all the pet boarding places are dogs and cats. I'll call the few that are around, and see if I can arrange something with one of them. Unfortunately, most of the people in my shop will be TDY at the same time, or I would leave them with some from work. Any help with where to look would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#1]
how long will you be gone?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]
7 weeks. I'll be back mid November.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
How big are the cages, how big is the snake, and does it have a habit of escaping?

I'll talk with the wife and see if I can't help you out, but I have two macaws who I don't want to be snake food.

ETA: sorry, looks like it's a no go at my place.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]
No worries. Thanks for trying.

In case there are any other offers. The corn snake is in a 20 gallon aquarium, with clamp on top. He has never escapped. He is about 2 feet, and at his widest is smaller around than a dime. The tarantula is in a small aquarium, 12"x8" and 4" deep.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you tried bug forums? Maybe you could make some friends?

If I had to get a sitter, I'd hit up my pet store and insectarium contacts, post to boards and work craigslist.

I wish you were closer, I'd be happy to have more critters in the house.

eta: what kind of T?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I've checked out craigslist, and there are a few possibilities.

Unfortunately, the closest decent "exotic" pet store is about an hour away. If nothing else pans out, I may give them a call.

I'll start checking other forums. I occasionally check out cornsnakes.com, but don't know a T one to check out. Any recommendations?

She's a rose hair. Somewhere around 6 years old.
" />

I believe he's an amel motley.
" />
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#7]

I'm on arachoboards.com. They take their sweet time approving new members but they're very fast to respond if you whine at them that you're in the moderation queue too long.

You Rosy is pretty.

A lot of people ship Ts back and forth all over the country. If you have someone somewhere that wants it, you could do that. It's around $30 to overnight I think.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#8]

You should show them off here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1724505_Exotic_unusual_pets_thread_.html&page=6

Mention your need for a sitter and link back to this thread. Someone probably knows someone.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool, I'll check them out.

Thanks.

I would like to find someone local, but I'll keep that in mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top