Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2015 12:48:36 PM EDT
Hey Guys! It looks like they are planning to ban shooting in the Greenwater area of Snoqualmie forest. Its really sad as this is one of the few reaming areas in western washington where one can legally shoot. I grew up going out there with the family. I am sadden that this is closing because of the trash and unhappy seattle folks. but their is hope that we can prevent it! Please if you can try to go to the meeting at the ranger station in Enumclaw on Tuesday August 4, 2015  from 6:30-7:30 pm.

Please help spread the word.

Source:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150723/washington-usfs-hosting-meeting-august-4-to-discuss-recreational-shooting-in-snoqualmie-ranger-district

The U.S. Forest Service has scheduled a second meeting to discuss recreational shooting in the Snoqualmie Ranger District of the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, specifically recreational shooting that takes place along the Highway 410 corridor.  The intent of the meeting is to have a general discussion about what is happening with respect to recreational shooting along the corridor, particularly problems with unsafe shooting practices and pressures that the Forest is receiving to close the corridor.

The Forest Service is hoping that the upcoming meeting will encourage shooters to assist them in keeping the Snoqualmie Ranger District open to shooting through clean up events and the promotion of safe shooting practices.

The meeting details are as follows:

Tuesday August 4, 2015  from 6:30-7:30 pm

Department of Natural Resources Building

950 Farman Ave

Enumclaw, WA 98022

Only two individuals who support recreational shooting attended the meeting held May 21.  During that meeting, the action items listed below were discussed and they will be on the table at the upcoming August 4 meeting.

Calendar of quarterly/semi-regular pit cleanup events
Notice of posted signs, and a regular check on them to make sure they are still standing
Hard closures of unsafe shooting areas, such as the ridge areas overlooking CRR. Draw more attention to the main pits, with safe backstops.
Implementation of safety awareness material to the general public (e.g. online videos, etc.)
Implementation of a volunteer "eyes/ears on the ground" program to report dangerous activities. Maybe set up an email address to receive these, with some sort of a template form. Asking for data like, photos, license plate numbers, etc.
Meeting attendees can contact Martie Schramm, District Ranger, for more information either by [email protected] or by phone (425) 888-8751.

Keeping the Snoqualmie Ranger District open to recreational shooting is dependent upon shooters engaging with the Forest Service to solve problems associated with recreational shooting.  If you recreationally  shoot in this District , the NRA strongly encourages you to attend the meeting and offer support in keeping the corridor open to safe shooting.

NRA-ILA: Institute for Legislative Action
FOLLOW NRA-ILA
Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram
© 2015 National Rifle Association of America, Institute For Legislative Action. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683. Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030.
Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Getting sick of this
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It was only a matter of time with an asphalt paved road. All the gangbangers started showing up along with some other sketchy people. In just the 3 years (2011-2014) I lived in Enumclaw, that whole area had become to dangerous for me to want to shoot at.

Even with multiple people, we would have to resort to one guy shooting while others stood security and tried to get people to respect the concept of a cold range when changing out targets. Like I said, the ultimate nail in the coffin for the whole area is the ease of access because of a paved road. Really sad.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:35:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Its really sad as this is one of the few reaming areas in western washington where one can legally shoot.
View Quote

There are a fuckton of legal places to shoot in Western Washington.
You need to get out away from the main corridors of traffic.

About the best thing you can do is to follow the rules for target shooting in the National Forest.

You don't know how many tards I have come across shooting across or up and down roads.

The last one was on a road that used to cross Deer Creek where there's a washed out bridge.

The USFS put up a 12 foot berm of dirt to keep the shit-tards in 4x4''s from fucking up the trail.

We came back up the trail on our dual sport bikes and were getting ready to cross the berm when we heard shooting.

We waited for the shooting to stop and then walked around the berm and sure enough, tard boys had set up targets using the berm as the backstop, never mind the trail and the cars that were parked there with people hiking.      

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:21:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So whos showing up at the meeting?

Or we just gonna bitch about it.
View Quote
Not this guy. I'm with KA3B. Get off the beaten path and there are a ton of great places to shoot. Like I said in my previous post, It's just become too random and dangerous to shoot out there.

Maybe the very lurkers who hang out here can show up and tell everyone they'll stop making huge ass bonfires, dumping all kinds of electronics to shoot, and clean up after themselves but I doubt it.

This always happens to the areas easy to get to. Just down the road from me are the Ashford/Elbe honey holes. Every single one of them are getting or are already as bad as Greenwater. Sucks but that's what it is.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:42:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Fuck that. The forest service is one of the most tyrannical organizations there is we should make their life as miserable as possible just out of principle.
View Quote
The USFS can eat a bag of dicks for sure. Some of shit they pull is football bat retarded.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My son was out yesterday scouting for bear, and found that FS62 out of Gold Bar is now totally closed due to illegal shooting and garbage dumping. It doesn't just impact recreational shooters. It also greatly diminishes the availability of public hunting land.
Thanks to all the slobs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My son was out yesterday scouting for bear, and found that FS62 out of Gold Bar is now totally closed due to illegal shooting and garbage dumping. It doesn't just impact recreational shooters. It also greatly diminishes the availability of public hunting land.
Thanks to all the slobs.
View Quote

As much as I hate the slobs, it has nothing to do with them.  There are several concerted efforts to make public land off limits to shooting using a number of excuses.    They'll never stop.

I think they're losing, after seeing the number of people blatantly ignoring the rules.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As much as I hate the slobs, it has nothing to do with them.  There are several concerted efforts to make public land off limits to shooting everyone except for hikers and mountain bikers, and other Sierra Club-approved activities using a number of excuses.    They'll never stop.

I think they're losing, after seeing the number of people blatantly ignoring the rules.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks to all the slobs.

As much as I hate the slobs, it has nothing to do with them.  There are several concerted efforts to make public land off limits to shooting everyone except for hikers and mountain bikers, and other Sierra Club-approved activities using a number of excuses.    They'll never stop.

FIFY

When I was young, my dad and I used to go everywhere in this state. Now just about every road and trail is gated/fenced off, and posted "no hunting/shooting/no motorized vehicles". Need a Discover Pass to do practically anything outdoors on public land. Add to that, huge pushes to reclassify large chunks of public land as national park/wilderness e.g. Wild Olympics.

But yeah, you'd think the people driving way the hell out into BFE to dump their assorted large household and kitchen appliances, could save money and be better served actually taking them to the dump, but then they wouldn't be able to empty a half-box of Wal-Mart buckshot into them from their Pardner Pump, leaving the mess for the rest of us to clean up.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:38:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

FIFY

When I was young, my dad and I used to go everywhere in this state. Now just about every road and trail is gated/fenced off, and posted "no hunting/shooting/no motorized vehicles". Need a Discover Pass to do practically anything outdoors on public land. Add to that, huge pushes to reclassify large chunks of public land as national park/wilderness e.g. Wild Olympics.

But yeah, you'd think the people driving way the hell out into BFE to dump their assorted large household and kitchen appliances, could save money and be better served actually taking them to the dump, but then they wouldn't be able to empty a half-box of Wal-Mart buckshot into them from their Pardner Pump, leaving the mess for the rest of us to clean up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks to all the slobs.

FIFY

Maybe the garbage dumping is intentional. Along with the wonton shooting of the signage in the area.  I would say that is an easy way to shut down a range as nearly every one hates garbage...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

As much as I hate the slobs, it has nothing to do with them.  There are several concerted efforts to make public land off limits to shooting using a number of excuses.    They'll never stop.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks to all the slobs.

I hate to say it, but the biggest reason why public land is closed in Washington it because of the illegal dumpers and meth cookers.
I don't agree with them, but it is easier to put up a gate than it is to try and stop the dumpers and meth heads.

I have been off the beaten path and have found many a meth lab or illegal dump site in the middle of nowhere in the Mt. Baker / Snoqualmie National Forests.

There are legitimate concerns too.
As the population increases in Western Washington it puts increased strain on the existing recreation areas.
People being people (fucking lazy) they go to recreate at the nearest spot.
It gets to the point where it is dangerous to have the retards hiking where you are trying to target practice.

Like I said, you need to get further out and in.

I am not saying that the USFS does not close land because of political pressure or because they have appointees that suck some libtard cock to close off the forest to "the people".

If you actually talk to the rangers and the people who work in the forest most of them want to see us out there target shooting in areas where it's safe.

The biggest problem in Western Washington is that each county does not take the concerns of ALL of the citizens on how they want to recreate in the National Forests.

As far as I am concerned each county in Western Washington should have a target range within the boundaries of state or federal land.
Same goes for dedicated off-road areas (like Walker Valley).
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The forest service as an organization does not want us on public land. PERIOD.

There might be a few good guys working for them but the organization itself is rotten.
View Quote

"If there are no peeps on the land, I don't have to get out of my air conditioned office with internet access and patrol the area......."
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:11:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They wouldn't grant our jeep club an event permit for naches that was submitted in june for september because an archeological survey needs to be done and there "wasn't enough time".
Its fucking long meadow campground. I dont think any ancient fucking indian burial grounds have moved in since the last time we used it.
View Quote

Go somewhere else?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Soon we will all be forced to shoot at ranges that have rules like Kenmore.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They wouldn't grant our jeep club an event permit for naches that was submitted in june for september because an archeological survey needs to be done and there "wasn't enough time".
Its fucking long meadow campground. I dont think any ancient fucking indian burial grounds have moved in since the last time we used it.

Go somewhere else?

Really?
You want to have a jeep event, you can't use your local area so instead of finding another venue you roll your eyes and do nothing.

Fuck it, you deserve what you get.      
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 4:58:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't know how else to respond to your consistently ignorant and borderline psychotic comments on this forum other than roll my eyes.... isn't there a dupe or aviation thread somewhere for you to go ballistic and have a stroke in?

It's PUBLIC land (a campground), near PUBLIC wheeling locations, that we have held a PUBLIC event on for the last SEVERAL years. There's no wheeling involved at the actual campground
where the event is held, just a raffle, scavenger hunt for the kids, dinner provided by one of the club members, etc.

It happens to be the only place close enough to decent wheeling that can support the number of attendees it draws.

It's low impact, and we have always done the right thing by going through the proper channels to acquire an event permit.

I don't know how you can find a several month lead time and calls for an Archaeological Study and Impact study for a group of people camping  remotely acceptable. However, if you have any
suggestions of a venue that can accommodate 300+ people and rigs, motorhomes, trailers, etc, in addition to being close to prime wheeling areas I'm all ears. If not, shut your mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go somewhere else?

Really?
You want to have a jeep event, you can't use your local area so instead of finding another venue you roll your eyes and do nothing.

Fuck it, you deserve what you get.      

I don't know how else to respond to your consistently ignorant and borderline psychotic comments on this forum other than roll my eyes.... isn't there a dupe or aviation thread somewhere for you to go ballistic and have a stroke in?

It's PUBLIC land (a campground), near PUBLIC wheeling locations, that we have held a PUBLIC event on for the last SEVERAL years. There's no wheeling involved at the actual campground
where the event is held, just a raffle, scavenger hunt for the kids, dinner provided by one of the club members, etc.

It happens to be the only place close enough to decent wheeling that can support the number of attendees it draws.

It's low impact, and we have always done the right thing by going through the proper channels to acquire an event permit.

I don't know how you can find a several month lead time and calls for an Archaeological Study and Impact study for a group of people camping  remotely acceptable. However, if you have any
suggestions of a venue that can accommodate 300+ people and rigs, motorhomes, trailers, etc, in addition to being close to prime wheeling areas I'm all ears. If not, shut your mouth.

I point out that you have done nothing but roll your eyes at me in an internet forum and when I correctly pointed out that you should seek another venue you violate the COC by calling me names.
Instead of bitching at me you (and your club) should have been seeking out another venue to hold your event.

I dunno, where could one go to hold an ORV event in Washington?

Christ on a crutch, is it really that hard?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nowhere in my post did I call you names or violate the CoC.

I made a post to show the out of control bureaucracy and "do what we want regardless of public input"  activist policies of the forest service and you are some how trying to twist it around as being our fault for not trying to go somewhere else, even though I stated repeatedly this thread that there isn't a good venue for the number of people that attend the event and has the same type and range of wheeling opportunities as Naches.

How you can read a post about an out of control federal agency like this and come to the conclusion that we should just "go somewhere else" like its our fault is baffling to me.

I know my post is not as witty as ignoring the entire content of the post and then googling a map of ORV parks and a posting a picture of it, but there you have it.
View Quote

Really?

"I don't know how else to respond to your consistently ignorant and borderline psychotic comments on this forum other than roll my eyes.... isn't there a dupe or aviation thread somewhere for you to go ballistic and have a stroke in?"

You called me ignorant and borderline psychotic for a start..
6) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response.

Show me where I said it's your fault that the forest service has closed the area you wanted to use for your OHV gathering.  

I asked the simple question of "Go somewhere else?"
Instead of you explaining to me the reasons why you can't change the venue you posted up a the "roll eyes" guy.
Way to engage someone in an intelligent conversation.
Instead of posting up the roll eyes guy why didn't you just explain to me your reasons they way a normal rational human being would.

If it were me I would be knocking on every door to find another venue to hold your rally or meeting or whatever it is.
If the gathering had to be smaller then so be it due to the venue size then so be it.

Complaining about the USFS on an internet board does nothing for your problem at hand.

I am more of a "find a solution" kind of guy myself.
I would suggest that you work with the USFS to reopen that area, you might learn something interesting about the area, it might help to open up the area sooner and the kids might enjoy it.

I won't though, because you'll post up the roll eyes guy and call me ignorant and borderline psychotic and then tell me to have a stroke.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Hello,
I attended the meeting on 8-4-15 and found it very interesting. I got to meet other people that shoot and another pro-gun rights group.  I'm ready to volunteer to help clean up as needed.  Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#24]
What was attendance like?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:30:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Just a comment from a former Washingtonian who shot at the pits - this is what they did in the 1990s in California, around the same time that they enacted 'no more private sales or transfer' laws.  

The pattern is exactly the same.  Exactly.

Pretty soon all the shooting in public lands will be closed off, then they will require registration of all firearms, including ones you bring into the state when you move, and conduct a ban of self-loading firearms with magazines that hold more than five or ten rounds.  Then there will be an 'approved' list for new guns, and higher prices for what is available.

I was at a WAC show (out-of-state FFL) and saw that they have really killed gun shows….one of their goals.

It is a slippery slope and to extend metaphors, the camel's nose is well into the tent….'just the (common-sense) tip' say the antis.

There are a lot more of them in increasingly urbanized WA State, and they vote, organize, and have Bloomberg money.

So please, show up at these events.  Be presentable and articulate.  Don't bicker between yourselves.  Otherwise, WA is going to look just like CA by 2020.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Heard a story on KUOW yesterday and, once again, I can't find it on their website.  Seems like they don't want to document bad reporting when it comes to guns.

They had some guy from an anti gun group talking about how 'assault' weapons are showing up in the parks and are more dangerous.  He also made it sound like people were just pulling out guns wherever and blowing things away.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I went up to greenwater with the wife and a friend yesterday to go dig up some black agates in the land slide area yesterday, and we checked out the upper shooting pit as well, the one where the road goes up above the shooters.
The place has looked worse in the past, but we packed up two grocery bags full of shotgun shells and water bottles and crap. (And I actually got about 200 rounds of assorted reloadable brass, 9mm, 45, and 223)
But we didn't even make a dent in the shotgun shells.
My buddy has a big magnet on a stick for nails and screws, we were thinking one of these weekdays of heading up there and filling the bed of his truck with steel cases and shotshells. Just that alone would improve the overall looks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He also made it sound like people were just pulling out guns wherever and blowing things away.
View Quote

That's always been a problem. Go drive around and see how many forest road signs have holes in them. There's no shortage of dumbasses out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top