Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 2:20:20 AM EDT
Getting one after clocking out this AM.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I had this unit when I was in a condo.  Worked great.  The units with dual hoses work better than a single hose. Also this unit vaporized the condensated water through the hoses so no water tank to dump.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had this unit when I was in a condo.  Worked great.  The units with dual hoses work better than a single hose. Also this unit vaporized the condensated water through the hoses so no water tank to dump.
View Quote

I was actually just looking at that unit.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought this one
avallon-apac120s

Only use it in the bedroom.  When it is 90 outside, the room is 70 or less

It is a 2 hose system, with an additional water drain pump if needed (no draining unit into a bucket)
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Right now I'd think a good brand would be whatever is "available for immediate purchase"......

I'm sooooo glad we bought a heat pump and had it installed in late March this year.  I figured that was going to doom us to a miserable, cold summer.  Thankfully that has not been the case!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure this is the New model that's the equivalent to what I'm using.

Delonghi

I picked it up at Costco. Last year I think, it's been great.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Prior to having a house with AC, we had a Whynter unit too. It was fantastic.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a 10k BTU LG at home depot, so far no complaints.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I was at costco last week and lots of folks were lined up at the door ready for a run on the air conditioners.
Good Luck.. I think similar brands were available at Lowes for $200 more..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top