User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/272774586/DOL-Communication-With-ATF-redacted

Here is the information produced pursuant to my FOIA to DOL.  It appears as though people calling the ATF precipitated this.

From ATF:
Hello,Has your office received anything official from the WA State Attorney General or other State agency to interpret the new WA SBR law. We are getting a lot of calls from WA residents that are about to submit Form 1 applications for SBRs. The RCW is unclear as to if it is legal for individuals to make their own SBR in WA. Could you forward me anything official you have on the subject?

From ATF after DOL responded:

I am following up on your email correspondence with ATF Industry Operations Investigator Mike Beckstrand (below)
concerning Washington’s short-barreled rifle law. Is it the Department of Licensing’s position that, under RCW 9.41.190,
an individual may not lawfully make a short-barreled rifle, even after receiving an approved Form 1 to make such
firearm from ATF? I understand that the state statute still prohibits the manufacturing of short-barreled rifles. But I
want to be clear about terms. The federal firearms laws define the term “manufacture” narrowly to mean the business
of manufacturing firearms, which is different from “making,” which can entail a single instance of producing one firearm
for personal use.
Do the same definitions apply for purposes of the Washington law? And if so, would it then be
permissible, under state law, for a Washington resident to make a short-barreled rifle with ATF’s approval?
Thank you for any clarification you can provide. If you have some time and would like to call me to discuss this, I can be
reached by telephone at [redacted].
View Quote

Was this a DOL FOIA? (Edit: re-read your post) I wonder if there isn't more on the ATF's side (presumably in a different email string) about not approving WA Form 1s. The DOL rep was clear that they do not have a position on it or interpret laws, so why would their response be the ATF's reason to disapprove Form 1s?

Thanks for working on this, Nolo.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I had my FFL interview in August last year, and my IOI said that he was the one that had brought it up with NFA and he believed all the form 1's that had been approved would eventually be revoked. I figured it had been so long now they must have just accepted it, bullshit to wait this long and start fucking with people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I had my FFL interview in August last year, and my IOI said that he was the one that had brought it up with NFA and he believed all the form 1's that had been approved would eventually be revoked. I figured it had been so long now they must have just accepted it, bullshit to wait this long and start fucking with people.

Quoted:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/272774586/DOL-Communication-With-ATF-redacted

Here is the information produced pursuant to my FOIA to DOL.  It appears as though people calling the ATF precipitated this.

From ATF:
Hello,Has your office received anything official from the WA State Attorney General or other State agency to interpret the new WA SBR law. We are getting a lot of calls from WA residents that are about to submit Form 1 applications for SBRs. The RCW is unclear as to if it is legal for individuals to make their own SBR in WA. Could you forward me anything official you have on the subject?

From ATF after DOL responded:

I am following up on your email correspondence with ATF Industry Operations Investigator Mike Beckstrand (below)
concerning Washington’s short-barreled rifle law. Is it the Department of Licensing’s position that, under RCW 9.41.190,
an individual may not lawfully make a short-barreled rifle, even after receiving an approved Form 1 to make such
firearm from ATF? I understand that the state statute still prohibits the manufacturing of short-barreled rifles. But I
want to be clear about terms. The federal firearms laws define the term “manufacture” narrowly to mean the business
of manufacturing firearms, which is different from “making,” which can entail a single instance of producing one firearm
for personal use.
Do the same definitions apply for purposes of the Washington law? And if so, would it then be
permissible, under state law, for a Washington resident to make a short-barreled rifle with ATF’s approval?
Thank you for any clarification you can provide. If you have some time and would like to call me to discuss this, I can be
reached by telephone at [redacted].

Mike Beckstrand was my IOI for my interview in August 2014, not surprised to see his name on that. At the time though he said he thought they would eventually be revoked, obviously that hasnt happened and probably wont. I bet Nolo is the reason they are hesitant to revoke anything.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Of course.  I attached the actual emails in my post above this one.  It appears to have kicked off in September 2014.  Click the scribd link and look at the documents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there dates for these communiques? The question from ATF seems to be the 'right' one...but apparently DOL gave then the thumbs down? Does DOL even have the legal authority to give the thumbs down (e.g. interpret state law in an official capacity)??

As far as knuckleheaded Washingtonians calling ATF being the 'source', it wouldn't surprise me...at all.  

Of course.  I attached the actual emails in my post above this one.  It appears to have kicked off in September 2014.  Click the scribd link and look at the documents.

Sorry amigo, I was on my phone and at the time so I only read the text on arfcom, I didn't follow the link. I suppose that was apparent by my post though.

I think I've figured out why DOL isn't supposed to interpret any laws. They are telling people both: a) manufacturing is illegal and b) we don't know what manufacturing is.    They are also telling people they won't interpret any WA law......while they are interpreting WA law.

Unless there is another thread that the gov isn't giving up, I'm not 100% sure why the ATFs reaction was to stop approving Form 1s. It's pretty clear that the person at DoL isn't allowed to present a valid legal opinion....so how could ANY information from them (beyond forwarding something from the AG etc.) be the basis for changing ANY ATF policy on approving/denying forms? This email thread is from September of 2014...and they kept right on approving forms until May of 2015. I suppose it's possible that the ATF and their lawyers were chewing on this that whole time....but it also seems possible that they got more information at some point as well.  

Well, if nothing else it is always nice to see the ATF clarify what "manufacturing" is in their eyes. If you dig through enough ATF documents, I've found that about 90% of the time it means making 'as a business'...but there are oddball occurrences where they use make and manufacture interchangeably. Highly annoying when they use words in different ways, eh?

No matter what ATF and DOL say, IMO making is legal in WA under both the spirit of the law and in it's plain reading.

RCW 9.41.190 Unlawful firearms—Exceptions.

(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, or have in possession or under control, any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or to assemble or repair any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle.
(2) It is not unlawful for a person to possess, transport, acquire, or transfer a short-barreled rifle that is legally registered and possessed, transported, acquired, or transferred in accordance with federal law.

A form 1 made SBR is very much legally registered and acquired in accordance with federal law. The process of making is in black and white and there's a form for it. Now treacherous forces are trying to tell us that our SBR legalization bill didn't really legalize SBRs. It's a pack of lies from a pack of liars I say! These are the same people that said that NY's anti gun bill really did exclude LEOs....even though not one character of text in the bill did so. The same people that said that the federal obamacare exchange could include subsidies even though there wasn't one bit of text in that bill to back their claims. Our SBR bill DOES have such a basis for legal making. Registration and making IS a means of acquiring, as noted in the legislative notes:

linky

Brief Summary of Bill

Legalizes the possession, transportation, acquisition, or transfer of a short-barreled rifle that is legally registered and possessed, transported, acquired, or transferred in compliance with federal law.

Background:

With certain exceptions, it is a class C felony in Washington for a person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport or have in the person's possession a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle. It is an affirmative defense to prosecution that the person
acquired the firearm prior to July 1, 1994, and possesses the firearm in compliance with federal law.

A "short-barreled rifle" is a rifle having a barrel or barrels less than 16 inches in length, or a weapon made from a rifle if the modified weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches. The National Firearms Act (NFA) regulates the manufacture, importation, and transfer of certain
firearms, including short-barreled rifles, destructive devices, and other weapons. Items regulated under the NFA are referred to as NFA firearms. NFA firearms must be registered in a database maintained by the National Firearms Act Branch of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF).

A person wishing to acquire a NFA firearm has to obtain a certification from the local chief law enforcement officer, undergo a background check, obtain prior approval for the transfer, and pay a $200 tax on the transaction. The ATF will not approve a transfer if the transfer would place the transferee in violation of any federal, state, or local law. The ATF also will not approve a transfer of a NFA firearm unless it is registered to the transferor. Unregistered NFA firearms generally may not be lawfully received, possessed, or transferred. Under the NFA, a person is allowed to make his or her own NFA firearm by applying to the ATF and meeting certain requirements. These requirements include: obtaining prior approval and registration of the item, obtaining a certification from the chief of the local law enforcement
agency, undergoing a background check, and paying a $200 tax on the item.

A person who possesses a firearm registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record must retain proof of registration which must be made available to the ATF upon request.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering about the inconsistency of this turnabout in light if the legislative notes associated with the amendment.  As for the SC taking license, that's nothing new.  They've been doing that for generations.  Seems to me, what the 3 entities involved have in common is an agenda.

I hope Nolo's inquiries will produce a resolution.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:08:51 AM EDT
[#5]
What happened between September and May that triggered the denials?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#7]
My mailed-in Form1 submitted May 27th just got bounced back. Knew it was going to happen, but seeing the letter from the ATF still sucked.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That will be on ATF.  The problem with foia on ATF is they ignore the foia and I have to sue them which takes time.  They are one of the few agencies that don't give a f$ck about foia and rule of law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That will be on ATF.  The problem with foia on ATF is they ignore the foia and I have to sue them which takes time.  They are one of the few agencies that don't give a f$ck about foia and rule of law.

Thank you for doing this. I check this thread several times a day for any update. If you need funding to continue this, I can't give much but I would gladly contribute.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the update. Again, let us know how we can help.

Wish people would quit inviting the govt into their lives though... :(
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I e-filed my form 1 on June 6th and was declined on July 11.  No email notice was sent so I checked back at the ATF site.  Declined due to the RCW doesn't allow the manufacture of SBR.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone know how to get our money back? I have tried calling atf and that went no where. Is there a poc we can call? Mine is approaching 2 months
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Normally, when the form is denied, the examiner will start the process for your refund. Last time I checked, refunds were about 60-90 days.

Last time I had a form denied, the examiner forgot to issue my refund. I called after about 70 days and they issued a refund withing 48 hours. Not to say that you should all call, but at least give them more than enough time to process.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Normally, when the form is denied, the examiner will start the process for your refund. Last time I checked, refunds were about 60-90 days.

Last time I had a form denied, the examiner forgot to issue my refund. I called after about 70 days and they issued a refund withing 48 hours. Not to say that you should all call, but at least give them more than enough time to process.
View Quote

Call who? I tried at the Seattle atf office and the phone person was less than helpful. Is there a direct number or person?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I tried at the Seattle atf office and the phone person was less than helpful.
View Quote

Please. Seattle ATF Office. Ouch.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Call who? I tried at the Seattle atf office and the phone person was less than helpful. Is there a direct number or person?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You call the regular ATF/NFA number. Why would you call the ATF office in Seattle? They can't do anything about it as they don't process NFA forms.

ATF Service Centers -> Call the NFA Branch
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone know how to get our money back? I have tried calling atf and that went no where. Is there a poc we can call? Mine is approaching 2 months
View Quote

I talked to the NFA branch last week on this when my May 27 denials(x2 F1's) hit the 2 month mark.  The very nice lady on the other end mentioned this could take up to 3 months to process.
I'll be calling back Sept 1st if the money still isn't back then (figure Aug 28 + a few days for Visa to process).

I'm sure there will be a happy-dance/thread here as soon as the $$ starts hitting people's accounts from the May 27th culling that started this fun/excitement.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I called BS on their long time to refund my money and called the credit card company to have them dispute the charge since my application was denied.  They should not charge you until they approve your application if you efile.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I called BS on their long time to refund my money and called the credit card company to have them dispute the charge since my application was denied.  They should not charge you until they approve your application if you efile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how did that work out?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just fine.  The CC company put it in dispute and I was told to deduct $200 from my payment.

They said they should give you a refund within 7-10 days since it was over a month they didn't have any problem with it.

I'll probably have some Jack Booted Thugs kick my door in at zero dark thirty, but I'll be ready.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:47:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, I can't argue with this logic. If the E-File system was more efficient, I don't think charging up front would be such a bad idea. But with how inefficient it is, good on you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:41:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Now this is heard through the grapevine and I am not saying it is a concrete fact but I did hear that the same company that did the E-File system also did the healthcare exchange.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

What happened was the same thing that happened with the 'Sig-Brace"
A bunch of busy-bodies that were not satisfied with the wording, even though the present result was "it's legal", kept writing and calling the ATF until  the ATF looked so hard that they found fault!!  
Nice job guys...., you rocked the boat until it sank...., again!!!

Oh well....., I got four approved before the "Busy-bodies" threw there turd into the punch bowl!

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#23]
According to FOIA emails, it was people asking WA DOL about it. DOL asked ATF and that sunk our battleship :(
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Form1 for a suppressor was disapproved after the images of the notarized pages didn't upload correctly, dissaproved Feb. 20th due to being incomplete,  I received my refund on July 16th.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:56:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Got denied May 27. Refund received Aug 6.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Got denied May 27. Refund received Aug 6.
View Quote

Cool. Mine should be close then.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Any update on the AG opinion?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would really make my day..
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's busy forcing his beliefs on little old ladies with flower shops.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:37:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My Form1 for a suppressor was disapproved after the images of the notarized pages didn't upload correctly, dissaproved Feb. 20th due to being incomplete,  I received my refund on July 16th.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

have you or anyone else heard of a WA person getting an approved F1 for a silencer since this bullshit went down?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Yup.  A few F1 cans have been approved.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#32]
My RA F2/F4 item has cleared the F2. Submitting F4 tomorrow. Will keep this thread informed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Not trying to sound Debbie Downer, just asking for clarification for my own understanding- the Form 2 isn't anything that gets "approved" by BATFE, correct? SOT just says "This is what I made" so there really isn't much of a checkpoint with the Form 2?

I am contemplating having an out-of-state SOT make me a SBR and transfer it in F3/F4.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not trying to sound Debbie Downer, just asking for clarification for my own understanding- the Form 2 isn't anything that gets "approved" by BATFE, correct? SOT just says "This is what I made" so there really isn't much of a checkpoint with the Form 2?

I am contemplating having an out-of-state SOT make me a SBR and transfer it in F3/F4.
View Quote

This is also how I understand it. The real test will be when a F4 gets approved using this route (post the May policy reversal by the ATF) that clearly allows the transfer of a SBR manufactured in WA to a non-LEO/MIL. I'm crossing my fingers that this avenue works for folks pursuing it.

The absolutely sure way that will work is the out of state F2/F3/F4 process. That's what I'm doing now as well given I only have 1 more SBR I'm really keen on getting done and don't want to screw around anymore hoping it will get approved.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That's what I'm doing now as well given I only have 1 more SBR I'm really keen on getting done and don't want to screw around anymore hoping it will get approved.
View Quote

Mind sharing your method? I am currently stuck on how to do this, as I don't know how to get my 10.5" upper and lower to the SOT? Cant ship SBRs, cant legally make my own.... Sort of sucks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Mind sharing your method? I am currently stuck on how to do this, as I don't know how to get my 10.5" upper and lower to the SOT? Cant ship SBRs, cant legally make my own.... Sort of sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's what I'm doing now as well given I only have 1 more SBR I'm really keen on getting done and don't want to screw around anymore hoping it will get approved.

Can't you simply ship the upper and lower separately?  I have a Sig 553 I want to SBR, and if I were to do it I'd ship the pistol, order the stock and have it shipped directly to the SOT.

I was about to go the RA F2/F4 route, but may just do the out of state F2/F3/F4 just to be sure and not waste another potential 4 months.  Especially since F3s seem to be getting approved in very short order.  I really would prefer using Rainier though.

Whichever company I go with, I hope they wait until after the F4 is approved before engraving their info.  Out of state maybe not as big a deal since there's no reason the F4 shouldn't be approved, given everything else is in order.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Can't you simply ship the upper and lower separately?  I have a Sig 553 I want to SBR, and if I were to do it I'd ship the pistol, order the stock and have it shipped directly to the SOT.

I was about to go the RA F2/F4 route, but may just do the out of state F2/F3/F4 just to be sure and not waste another potential 4 months.  Especially since F3s seem to be getting approved in very short order.  I really would prefer using Rainier though.

Whichever company I go with, I hope they wait until after the F4 is approved before engraving their info.  Out of state maybe not as big a deal since there's no reason the F4 shouldn't be approved, given everything else is in order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When does Rainier do their engraving? If it's after F4 approval, in the current environment, that would make sense, but I don't know if it works that way.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Gun I want to ship is already a rifle, and I already have the 10.4" upper for it. Cant ship an SBR, unless I go through a local SOT, and would have to I guess bring in the AR piston AND the AR rifle, and have the local SOT put 10.4" in the box, along with rifle lower? This is why I might save this project for the return of Form 1s.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

When does Rainier do their engraving? If it's after F4 approval, in the current environment, that would make sense, but I don't know if it works that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see why they couldn't do it after F4 approval, although now that I think about it maybe they do when they send in the F2?  But yeah, I'm not positive.  I'll ask them when I stop in later this week.  IF they have to engrave before F4 approval, I'm not willing to take that risk and will go the out of state route.  Last thing I want is to end up with 2 mfg engravings should the form 4 be rejected the first go around, or go through the trouble of having one filled and refinished.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Gun I want to ship is already a rifle, and I already have the 10.4" upper for it. Cant ship an SBR, unless I go through a local SOT, and would have to I guess bring in the AR piston AND the AR rifle, and have the local SOT put 10.4" in the box, along with rifle lower? This is why I might save this project for the return of Form 1s.
View Quote

I'm in a similar conundrum with one of my rifles.  I had my MR556 upper chopped down to 10.4" AND had my trust info engraved on the barrel.  If I had sent the form 1 in one week earlier I would have avoided this mess...argh.  Even though I do have one approved AR lower, it's just not the same without the HK lower.

I ended up grabbing another MR556 barrel and will have that cut to 14.5" with a pinned hider.  I'm going to use that to hold me over until the form 1s return as I have too much money tied up in that 10.4" upper now, and I don't want to engrave it yet again with another mfg.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm in a similar conundrum with one of my rifles.  I had my MR556 upper chopped down to 10.4" AND had my trust info engraved on the barrel.  If I had sent the form 1 in one week earlier I would have avoided this mess...argh.  Even though I do have one approved AR lower, it's just not the same without the HK lower.

I ended up grabbing another MR556 barrel and will have that cut to 14.5" with a pinned hider.  I'm going to use that to hold me over until the form 1s return as I have too much money tied up in that 10.4" upper now, and I don't want to engrave it yet again with another mfg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exact same situation I am in. My trust is on barrel too. Bought a spare upper and correct gasblock and folding sights. Too much $$$ tied up now for "extra engraving"
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Engraving has to be done when they manufacture it, cant wait for approval and then do it. We should know pretty soon if the WA made sbr's will be approved, I sent out two form 4's about 3 months ago and I'm sure others have some forms in waiting too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:47:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yup.  A few F1 cans have been approved.
View Quote

rgr, thanks for the info dawg. I shot a suppressed gun for the first time recently, and I think it's time to build some cans...  
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is correct. Worst case scenario the firearm gets denied, returned and then I go the out of state SOT route. We'll see if this goes as planned first.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:00:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Engraving has to be done when they manufacture it, cant wait for approval and then do it. We should know pretty soon if the WA made sbr's will be approved, I sent out two form 4's about 3 months ago and I'm sure others have some forms in waiting too.
View Quote

Yup.  Just got a form 2 approved and started the form 4 today.  Rainier already engraved my lower.  The engraving looks really good  too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Hmm... Hope it works. Need to get our laws revised ASAP. Such bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#48]
I just got a form 1 for a silencer approved that I submitted at the end of April.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just got a form 1 for a silencer approved that I submitted at the end of April.
View Quote

Woohoo!! I submitted mine on 4/28.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#50]
In the big picture of a this, engraving is dirt cheap.

I read on the class iii form some think early engraving a best practice. Insuring the engraving had no mistakes before stamping up, versus engraving goes bad, and you have to have it redone with a mess on a stamped part.

Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top