BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:18:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are in a holding pattern with litigation pending a legislative "fix" at the moment.
View Quote

Is the fix possibly due within this yr?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:39:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are in a holding pattern with litigation pending a legislative "fix" at the moment.

No legislative session is left this year. It'll have to go to the session next year, which is scheduled to be a short session, but with the Supreme Court ruling that there isn't enough funding for schools it's possible the session could run further, potentially into the summer again.

Realistically, assuming a bill could get passed next year (which is not a given, since they couldn't get out of committee this year) you'd be looking at probably July or so for a legislative fix. At the earliest. Also, likely post 41-P.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
As stated before, the head of the house judiciary committee may be moving to another committee.  If this does come to be, then it may give us the opportunity to fix the RCW through legislative means.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's what I have been trying to say but there is a bunch of spurts here who are sure that companies like RA and Aero are wrong. For Christ sake it was clearly spelled out in the form 1 denial that anyone received from the ATF and yes it was talking about WA law.
View Quote

July 2014:
Spurt:  Form 1 SBRs don't appear to be allowed under the RCW....
Dude: yeah?  Well I just got my approved F1 back, so they're good to go!
Spurt:  really?  Still seems suspicious, but ok. Les do this!

Fast forward 10 months to May 27th, 2015
Dude:  SHIT!  F1 SBRs are a no-go!  WTF?!?!?
Spurt:  well, I thought so, looks like I was right.

August 2015:
Dude:  F2/F4 SBRs are good to go!
Spurt:  really?  Doesn't seem like it from the RCW.
Dude:  fool, shut up. These manufacturers know their shit. It's all good...
Spurt:  well, I guess we'll see......

Fast forward 10 months into 2016.........????
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

July 2014:

August 2015:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's what I have been trying to say but there is a bunch of spurts here who are sure that companies like RA and Aero are wrong. For Christ sake it was clearly spelled out in the form 1 denial that anyone received from the ATF and yes it was talking about WA law.

July 2014:

August 2015:

I have no hard feelings about any of this. We are all here on Arfcom because we all like guns. We all want to see our rights untrampled and as restored as possible. Don't forget the time period where NFA branch suspsended *ALL* WA forms for NFA items I don't blame my friend for wanting to hear from ATF first, before taking guns, engraving, etc. ATF says Form 4s from WA SOTs are good-to-go, so lets get to filing and bring the SBRs back. If by then Blake n Co get a revision and insert some Form 1 language for 2016 session- EVEN BETTER!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Just jumping into this thread.

Seems fishy they approved us for Form 1's for quite some time.  Has anyone had their approved Form 1 rescinded/refunded by the ATF yet?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Seems fishy they approved us for Form 1's for quite some time.  Has anyone had their approved Form 1 rescinded/refunded by the ATF yet?
View Quote

I haven't heard of any, and I haven't received anything personally about mine.  I'm scared as hell to do a 5320 to take it camping in Oregon and Idaho though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I haven't heard of any, and I haven't received anything personally about mine.  I'm scared as hell to do a 5320 to take it camping in Oregon and Idaho though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is raises an excellent question... Has anyone gotten a 5320 approved since this issue floated to the surface (May 2015-ish)? I got one in February...
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is raises an excellent question... Has anyone gotten a 5320 approved since this issue floated to the surface (May 2015-ish)? I got one in February...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Middle of this page has a picture of 1 of 3 of my 5320.20s that were approved on July 1, 2015:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_15/582816_Form_1_DENIED___There_it_is_folks____.html&page=14
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Middle of this page has a picture of 1 of 3 of my 5320.20s that were approved on July 1, 2015:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_15/582816_Form_1_DENIED___There_it_is_folks____.html&page=14
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for pointing that out. I've been worried about this and while this news isn't a guarantee, it is a positive indicator.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
This brings up a point that was made earlier that I think needs reminding. If you have an approved Form1, please, do not, under any circumstance contact the ATF and ask if you are "ok". You have it approved, leave well enough alone. I know that there are going to be a ton of nervous folks calling them "just to make sure", and then, bam! sig brace all over again.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This brings up a point that was made earlier that I think needs reminding. If you have an approved Form1, please, do not, under any circumstance contact the ATF and ask if you are "ok". You have it approved, leave well enough alone. I know that there are going to be a ton of nervous folks calling them "just to make sure", and then, bam! sig brace all over again.

View Quote

You mean that Sig brace that the ATF has no enforcement authority over? That everyone can still be using, however they choose? That would barely make an add-on charge to a real crime, same as 922r?

Many of the "patriots" on this site are nothing but spineless hall monitors when it comes down to it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

roflmao.

Ill bet you good money some of these same fucking Jethroes have already called. Twice.

They wont be satisfied until their doors are kicked in. They have the ATF on speed dial and want to prove they have use of a phone. As we have seen, they just cant help themselves.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You mean that Sig brace that the ATF has no enforcement authority over? That everyone can still be using, however they choose? That would barely make an add-on charge to a real crime, same as 922r?

Many of the "patriots" on this site are nothing but spineless hall monitors when it comes down to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A true "patriot" would just build the damn rifle anyway........
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kind of what I'm getting at.  I'm not going to foolishly run my mouth on here or break CoC, but I know more than one person who has made an honest effort to follow the law, been fucked over by the legislative shenanigans, and just said 'screw it'.. built what they wanted to and STFU about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Not a smart way to go about anything.  I would tell anyone who approaches this issue with an attitude like that to grow up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not a smart way to go about anything.  I would tell anyone who approaches this issue with an attitude like that to grow up.
View Quote

I guess some people think freedom beats this ongoing legislative masturbation.

And no, I'm not talking about me doing this.. I'm too broke for any of it anyway.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#19]
For the time being,,, laws do mean something....If you don't think so, then don't bitch about the
border crossers.
When the time comes that something not legal to you becomes a matter of life or death, then the
law means nothing anyway at that point.
A true Patriot will obey laws even if they don't like them, or will change them.
I have not heard a call to arms yet to clean up Gov..........................yet......................
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For the time being,,, laws do mean something....If you don't think so, then don't bitch about the
border crossers.
When the time comes that something not legal to you becomes a matter of life or death, then the
law means nothing anyway at that point.
A true Patriot will obey laws even if they don't like them, or will change them.
I have not heard a call to arms yet to clean up Gov..........................yet......................
View Quote

Yet.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder if "yet" is a qualifying word for "the list"?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I do NOT advocate breaking the law......

Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:27:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

July 2014:

August 2015:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

July 2014:

August 2015:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.190

Manufacture or assemble...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just food for thought.
View Quote

To paraphrase Chris Rock: I'm not advocating it.. but I understand it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just food for thought.

Indeed
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

July 2014:

August 2015:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

July 2014:

August 2015:

F2/F4s are good to go, did I miss something? The difference is companies like RA and Aero have their legal team look at these situations before they proceed. The fact is SBRs were legalized in WA, it is unfortunate that we cannot F1, in the past I could not even own one so I will take the good with the bad and move forward.

These types of threads are not helping because there will always be a certain few who read them and start making phone calls and writing letters. Let the experts sort this out not the spurts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

F2/F4s are good to go, did I miss something? The difference is companies like RA and Aero have their legal team look at these situations before they proceed. The fact is SBRs were legalized in WA, it is unfortunate that we cannot F1, in the past I could not even own one so I will take the good with the bad and move forward.

These types of threads are not helping because there will always be a certain few who read them and start making phone calls and writing letters. Let he experts sort this out not the spurts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

July 2014:

August 2015:

These types of threads are not helping because there will always be a certain few who read them and start making phone calls and writing letters. Let he experts sort this out not the spurts.

All these comedians out of work and you keep trying to join them...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some people get tired of the legislature and bureaucrats constantly fucking with us, THEY are the ones that need to grow up.

Based on what I've seen.. There are probably millions of unregistered SBRs in the US. I doubt WA is any different.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#29]
TAG. Interesting...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally got my refund.    A nice $600.00 credit on the CC.

Denied the at the end of May as I recall
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Took my stuff to Rainier yesterday.

Window of opportunity: use if or lose it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Someone on Sig Forum under the MPX update thread, said he just got a form 1 approved and he is from WA State. I asked how he did that, but have not received a respose yet.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Someone on Sig Forum under the MPX update thread, said he just got a form 1 approved and he is from WA State. I asked how he did that, but have not received a respose yet.
View Quote

Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Keep us updated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep us updated.

Here is the link

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4610068653/p/48
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#35]
He filed using the address of his 2nd home in Utah.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#36]
He just replied back and I saw that. I have a form 1 in currently and it should get approved under LEO excemption 9.41.190. We will see.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#37]
So this would be an approved weapon to use on duty? The dept knows your doing this? Cause the fact that you happen to be a LEO doesn't really have any bearing on it unless its done in your "official capacity" as a LEO.
(3) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to:
(a) Any peace officer in the discharge of official duty or traveling to or from official duty, or to any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington in the discharge of official duty or traveling to or from official duty; or
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes, I can't carry anything that isn't approved by the dept. I am also a state certified LE firearms instructor, so said firearm can be used for training and any LE related firearm shooting events. So yes all duty related.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 2:38:16 AM EDT
[#39]
just got my second F1 back..disapproved...

has anyone tried attaching a statement that their intent was, upon approval of the F1, file a 5320.20, take the parts out of state to assemble & return with the completed SBR?

hell, I've already "spent" the 200 on the rejected F1, might as well give it a try when I get it refunded, right?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 3:19:28 AM EDT
[#40]
i seriously doubt that they'd approve on that basis at this juncture. They have an excuse to deny F1s and no motivation to facilitate anyone's 2A rights. Also, asking could light a fuse over there that leads to more problems for the good guys. Better not too and hope there is a legal/legislative solution. Personally, I don't have much faith in either one....I'm pretty sure this state is doomed. As soon as I can pull it off, I'm gonna GTFO and move to a truly free state.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 3:37:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
i seriously doubt that they'd approve on that basis at this juncture. They have an excuse to deny F1s and no motivation to facilitate anyone's 2A rights. Also, asking could light a fuse over there that leads to more problems for the good guys. Better not too and hope there is a legal/legislative solution. Personally, I don't have much faith in either one....I'm pretty sure this state is doomed. As soon as I can pull it off, I'm gonna GTFO and move to a truly free state.
View Quote

Curious: explain the "light a fuse" comment?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

has anyone tried attaching a statement that their intent was, upon approval of the F1, file a 5320.20, take the parts out of state to assemble & return with the completed SBR?

hell, I've already "spent" the 200 on the rejected F1, might as well give it a try when I get it refunded, right?
View Quote

Sorry to jump in. I have an approved form 4 SBR in NV. If I end up moving to WA in the future can I expect to run into a roadblock filing a 5320.20 to bring my SBR there?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sorry to jump in. I have an approved form 4 SBR in NV. If I end up moving to WA in the future can I expect to run into a roadblock filing a 5320.20 to bring my SBR there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, but be sure to have the F5320.20 approved before you move.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

An SBR you already have made legally is fine.  Our only issue now is the form 1 to actually make it in the first place.

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks guys, that's a relief.  Was bummed when I heard of the trouble you all are having up there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Well looks like the guys at SAA in Tacoma are spreading rumors that the ATF is revoking SBR Form 1s in WA. I have a really hard time believing anything they say there. I wish people would confirm things before they say anything like that. One of the guys at SAA told my wife that a .45 will knock a grown man back 10 feet - so we don't typically rely on them for good intel any more.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:59:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well looks like the guys at SAA in Tacoma are spreading rumors that the ATF is revoking SBR Form 1s in WA. I have a really hard time believing anything they say there. I wish people would confirm things before they say anything like that. One of the guys at SAA told my wife that a .45 will knock a grown man back 10 feet - so we don't typically rely on them for good intel any more.
View Quote

The ATF is denying Form 1 SBR's in WA since May 27th, 2015. That is the topic of this thread.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:03:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think if that were true word would be spreading very quickly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The ATF is denying Form 1 SBR's in WA since May 27th, 2015. That is the topic of this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, thank you. I said they're claiming the Form 1 stamps are being REVOKED - not denied. I understand they're being denied.. mine was denied. I'm talking about the people who already had theirs approved.

Mecha, I agree. I'm sure we would have heard about it by now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes, thank you. I said they're claiming the Form 1 stamps are being REVOKED - not denied. I understand they're being denied.. mine was denied. I'm talking about the people who already had theirs approved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh I get what you mean now. Shit, I hope that is just a rumor. How would that be enforced?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top