Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2015 4:45:01 PM EDT
So my wife and I moved here about a month ago.  Now that we are settled I figured it was time to make it official.  Last week on Monday I went down and applied for my enhanced drivers license and then Wednesday  after work I applied for my CPL.  We moved here from Nevada where the drivers license took usually 45 days and the ccw took 90.  You can imagine my surprise when I opened the mail box Monday afternoon and found my CPL card and Wednesday when my drivers license showed up.  That was 3 working days for a CPL and 7 working days for a Enhanced drivers license.  Well done Washington. I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea it's usually under 7 days to get your CPL in, even when I renew it comes in fast.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Bastards took almost the full 30 days on my renewal
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Really depends on your county.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bastards took almost the full 30 days on my renewal
View Quote

Yeah took Kirkland 30 days to issue original cpl and snohomish county sheriff 30 days to renew.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Some counties wait the full 30 days, regardless of how fast it gets done. Whatcom being one of them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:40:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Some stuff is pretty efficient here.

When I didn't have my CPL I ordered two pistols online and had delivered to an FFL. Did the 4473 and he said he had to put in the call to Kitsap co. Sheriff to get it cleared, come back in 5 days if you haven't heard back from me. About 15 minutes in to my drive home he calls me and asks if I can come back, KCSO already gave the OK.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:25:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I follow a large fishing forum in OR. Their boat titles are run by a different dept than the DOL. It's taking 8-9 months to get a boat title down there right now. I'm surprised anyone is even buying any.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So my wife and I moved here about a month ago.  Now that we are settled I figured it was time to make it official.  Last week on Monday I went down and applied for my enhanced drivers license and then Wednesday  after work I applied for my CPL.  We moved here from Nevada where the drivers license took usually 45 days and the ccw took 90.  You can imagine my surprise when I opened the mail box Monday afternoon and found my CPL card and Wednesday when my drivers license showed up.  That was 3 working days for a CPL and 7 working days for a Enhanced drivers license.  Well done Washington. I'm impressed.
View Quote
Some cereal boxes come with a free CPL - that's how easy it is to get one in Washington.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top