Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2015 8:29:49 AM EDT
Is there a decent camera store in Renton, Auburn, Kent or even Bellevue or S. Seattle?
My ND filters are stuck in storage locker purgatory way down south.
If they sell Hoya or Tiffen 52mm ND filters that would be better.

If i can get there without going on 405 that would be even better.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Is there a decent camera store in Renton, Auburn, Kent or even Bellevue or S. Seattle?

My ND filters are stuck in storage locker purgatory way down south.

If they sell Hoya or Tiffen 52mm ND filters that would be better.

If i can get there without going on 405 that would be even better.
View Quote

There are only two decent camera stores in the area (IMO).  Glazer's, which is in the South Lake Union area of Seattle, or Kenmore Camera (in Kenmore.)  Of the two, I vastly prefer Kenmore.  Of course, that means a trip on 405.  Unless you want to take back roads all the way.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#2]
How twisty are the backroads?
Planning to kidnap the Bark-O-Matic and get out of the house tomorrow anyway.
Have to find Kenmore

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
There used to be one in Factoria, on SE 38th (Kit's Camera?) - not sure if it is still there (I don't get over there any more).
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Glazer's in Seattle
Kenmore Camera in Kenmore
Tall's Camera in Bellevue Square, U-Village and Southcenter
Omega Photo in Bellevue.  (Never been there myself)

I like Glazer's the best, then Kenmore Camera.  Tall's is OK, but their prices seem way up there, even more so than Glazer's.  Both Glazer's and Kenmore sell used equipment too.

I need to stop in Omega some day to check it out.

(Nikon D3 shooter here)
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]

I stopped shopping at Tall's when they blew off a request from me during a sale. When I complained to their corporate HQ, I didn't even get an acknowledgement.

Kenmore, OTOH, has been extremely customer service oriented toward me, even though I'm not some high end pro shooter.  When I took the wife in to look at a point and shoot for her, the salesman spent the better part of an hour with going over the various models.

Nikon D5300  shooter here.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There used to be one in Factoria, on SE 38th (Kit's Camera?) - not sure if it is still there (I don't get over there any more).
View Quote

Nope, it is a battery store now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I should have said I'm shooting a lowly D3100.

Cisco The Bark-O-Matic shot with the 35mm f1.8

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Kenmore, OTOH, has been extremely customer service oriented toward me, even though I'm not some high end pro shooter.
View Quote

Same here. They even treated me nicely when I first really got into photography in High School. They didn't treat me like a punk kid, they treated me like someone who was interested in what they were as well. They are a good company.

Since everyone is doing it Nikon D7000 shooter here
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:I like Glazer's the best, then Kenmore Camera.
View Quote

I came to say this.  I shoot a Canon 1D and got most of my filters from Glazers.  I bought one of the my Canon L lens used from Kenmore Camera and was very happy with the purchase.  Lens was practically brand new and good savings.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:20:50 AM EDT
[#10]
anyone who hasn't been to Kenmore Camera lately is is for a pleasant surprise: they moved from their previous location, which, although had everything, was very limited on space & rather crowded.

their new location is directly across the street to the North in the former Grocery Outlet building: much more room!!!!!!!!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top