User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of it before.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Judge Roof ruled himself non-biased on Friday, I am told.  Kitsap County has filed for a summary judgement in court.  As far as I know this would mean that the KRRC would not be able to appeal the order to obtain a permit prior to re-opening.  I think the hearing is on Monday the 22nd.

Randy
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What a joke.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
http://gunsafety.org/judge-roof-declines-ruling-on-commissioners-motion-for-summary-judgement/

Judge Roof, after initially blaming KRRC for the lawsuit, declined to hear the County Commissioners Summary Judgment motion, which is asking that the No Shooting order be made permanent…without a trial. He appears to be passing it off to the Court of Appeals for a decision on KRRC’s appeal of the injunction that prevents folks from shooting he ordered. That hearing is scheduled for July 29 in Tacoma.
View Quote

This is interesting.  After reading what Judge Roof had to say about the KRRC and feeling that he was rather biased, I did not expect him to deny the County's request for a summary judgment.

Randy
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad the County is not required to issue a permit to a range that complies with the law.  It is "may issue" only.  Poulsbo Sportsman Club has not been able to get theirs yet.  The commissioners have proven to me that they are two-faced SOB's who can't even answer a simple question about the actions of their prosecuting attorney.  Ms. Robinson doesn't seem to care about Hauge's actions in the past either.  

Randy
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#7]
You nailed it.

ETA:  Today from Kitsap Sun
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:21:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Yesterday the County's and KRRC's lawyers attended a hearing at the appeals court to decide if there would be an appeal of Judge Roof's decision to let the County shut down the range for failure to obtain a use permit.  We should have an answer in August sometime.

Randy
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The new county prosecutor doesn't get why they don't trust the council? Even after they refused to abide by the fact that they were grandfathered in and now the council says it doesn't matter? Notice how Poulsbo doesn't have their permit yet even though are in compliance with the regulations? The council just wants to shut the range down no matter what.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top