Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2015 5:50:27 PM EDT
What's the deal with the tanks driving on 90 near 405? Going for a stroll? No pics, family saw it and asked if arfcom had any mentions.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw some Strykers headed that direction on 405. (not tanks).

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I totally believe they were strykers.

Getting accurate witness statements out of these guys is impossible, they can't even agree whether they were tracked or not

Was kind of hoping someone would link to a story about them practicing to run off the the anti-gun mom protest planned for I90 in May. Or Paul Allen moving his collection the fun way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Convoys run I-90 and I-5 all the time. Strykers take their sweet time going up Snoqualmie pass, and the crews look bored to tears.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I know my son's combat engineer battalion is over there right now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:48:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Convoys run I-90 and I-5 all the time. Strykers take their sweet time going up Snoqualmie pass, and the crews look bored to tears.
View Quote

Everything we rolled in our unit took forever to crest at the pass. We lost more than one 997 or 998 on the way up.

Fun fact: You can defeat the speed limiter until the 82 turn to Iraqima, if you apply the throttle lock on the way down    
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know my son's combat engineer battalion is over there right now.
View Quote

Haha. I bet i know where he is... ask him if they liked the ARTY serenade the other night.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fun fact: You can defeat the speed limiter until the 82 turn to Iraqima, if you apply the throttle lock on the way down
View Quote

I'm old enough to remember when you could defeat the speed limiter in an M813 by pushing the clutch in.

But looking back, coming down the west side of Snoqalmie pass at 80mph in a bucking 5 ton with 1200 gallons of gasoline in the back might not have been one of the brightest ideas.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here on highway 97. I thought the same thing about them looking bored to death. Lol!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top