Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2015 1:16:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:24:47 AM EDT
[#1]
forced unionization is tyranny. if you want to be a member, good for you, not everyone does. I see no point in voting on the issue, I don't give a shit what percentage of my co-workers wants to do it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
forced unionization is tyranny. if you want to be a member, good for you, not everyone does. I see no point in voting on the issue, I don't give a shit what percentage of my co-workers wants to do it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
hoping for a no vote.  that would be funny.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#4]
So You don't want the higher wage, better benefits, and job protection that come with Unionization?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope they vote yes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I would wait and see what they actually do before laughing about it one way the other.

They have to know that at this point the only reason they have jobs and Boeing tolerates their sub-par performance is that they are basically just pawns for the company to win concessions from the machinists in Washington. Voting the union in changes that dynamic significantly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]
This:

the only reason they have jobs and Boeing tolerates their sub-par performance is that they are basically just pawns for the company to win concessions from the machinists in Washington. Voting the union in changes that dynamic significantly.
View Quote

And it's already getting more expensive than they thought to build 787s in Charleston.  It will be very interesting to see how the long-term cost/benefit works out with this experiment in S.C.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This:

And it's already getting more expensive than they thought to build 787s in Charleston.  It will be very interesting to see how the long-term cost/benefit works out with this experiment in S.C.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This:

the only reason they have jobs and Boeing tolerates their sub-par performance is that they are basically just pawns for the company to win concessions from the machinists in Washington. Voting the union in changes that dynamic significantly.

And yet they now have a 737MAX propulsion center there.

Some British company is building the MAX Nacelle parts in Britain, shipping them to Charleston and assembling the parts there. I can't imagine what kind of deals were made there. Why not just assemble them in Britain where you make the parts and ship them direct to Renton?

There's so many deals made behind the scenes it would make our heads spin.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Well that didn't take long.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Their loss. They wanna work for peanuts, let Them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck unions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#13]

For 6 months.
They'll be back...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#14]
The union said it was forced to call off its door-to-door canvassing campaign this week after two organizers were greeted with homeowners brandishing guns as they ordered them off their property and “others reported hostile and near-violent confrontations.”
View Quote

FUUUCK that!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't really much care for unions....but, after dealing with Boeing [mis]management for nearly 4 years...I understand why the union is there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't really much care for unions....but, after dealing with Boeing [mis]management for nearly 4 years...I understand why the union is there.
View Quote

I've been there for 7 years. One is just as fucked up as the other. They tend to keep themselves in check this way. LOL
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So You don't want the forced equalization of pay, protection of workers that SHOULD be fired, and the forced donations to anti-gun liberal politicians that come with Unionization?
View Quote

No, no I don't. Most importantly, I don't want people telling me who I must associate with. I don't want to be in your club, and I don't care if you have cookies or not. This isn't Germany in 1940. I shouldn't need to join "the party" in order to get a good job. This is America. We should be free to join, or not join, any group. Vive la liberty.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:34:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I have found that unions and "management" generally deserve one another.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:21:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No, no I don't. Most importantly, I don't want people telling me who I must associate with. I don't want to be in your club, and I don't care if you have cookies or not. This isn't Germany in 1940. I shouldn't need to join "the party" in order to get a good job. This is America. We should be free to join, or not join, any group. Vive la liberty.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So You don't want the forced equalization of pay, protection of workers that SHOULD be fired, and the forced donations to anti-gun liberal politicians that come with Unionization?

You Quote ME, and fill in Your own manifesto? How the fuck does that work?

I'll admit it, I'm a WHORE, if I gotta show up and work at their fucked up version of a company, I'm taking home My fair share, it's going in My pocket, not McNerneys.

There are FAR more hardworking union members then shitbags, I just work around them, and go home knowing I did a good job, and got compensated fairly for My work, with good benefits. Yeah all that shit just went down, but the medical, VIP, and vacation, sick leave are still better then a lot of places on the outside, and WAYYY better then I ever got while Unemployed.

I'll say it again. People in SC wanna work for peanuts while Boeing posts record profits, let Them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#20]
If 40% of the work force, lets just say, in SC wanted to unionize, why shouldn't they be able to? Alternatively, if 40% of the guys in WA want to drop out of the union, why shouldn't they be able to? I don't understand why individuals on either side of this issue are work-raped into doing it the 'other way' just because a simple majority of their co-workers want to do it differently. We're all individuals and we should be able to associate however we choose. IMO, both forced unionization and forced non-unionization are tyranny.

As far as the quote goes, it's the classic introweb forum "fixed" maneuver...I just forgot to put the word "fixed" in my response. :grin: It's all I see when I see the word union. I don't see pay/benes, because lots of jobs have great pay/benes, I just see the ridiculous things union do. You know, the union boss wearing thousand dollar suits and gold pinkie rings, big contributions to liberty-hating left wing democraps, the violent protests, the protection of people that we should ALL want to see fired, and paying the hard-charger and the slacker-loser the same amount of money. If all unions did was protect good workers and bargain for pay/benes, they would get a LOT more support in this country. My wife, who has been forced into a union, had her union rep going to each worker a few years back doing the 'hard sell' trying to get people to donate money to the union's political action committee. Said if we didn't support democrats then we would 'lose our healthcare'. Uhh-huh. I think we all know where that pack of lies came from. FBHO and the union thugs that support him.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If 40% of the work force, lets just say, in SC wanted to unionize, why shouldn't they be able to? Alternatively, if 40% of the guys in WA want to drop out of the union, why shouldn't they be able to? I don't understand why individuals on either side of this issue are work-raped into doing it the 'other way' just because a simple majority of their co-workers want to do it differently. We're all individuals and we should be able to associate however we choose. IMO, both forced unionization and forced non-unionization are tyranny.

As far as the quote goes, it's the classic introweb forum "fixed" maneuver...I just forgot to put the word "fixed" in my response. :grin: It's all I see when I see the word union. I don't see pay/benes, because lots of jobs have great pay/benes, I just see the ridiculous things union do. You know, the union boss wearing thousand dollar suits and gold pinkie rings, big contributions to liberty-hating left wing democraps, the violent protests, the protection of people that we should ALL want to see fired, and paying the hard-charger and the slacker-loser the same amount of money. If all unions did was protect good workers and bargain for pay/benes, they would get a LOT more support in this country. My wife, who has been forced into a union, had her union rep going to each worker a few years back doing the 'hard sell' trying to get people to donate money to the union's political action committee. Said if we didn't support democrats then we would 'lose our healthcare'. Uhh-huh. I think we all know where that pack of lies came from. FBHO and the union thugs that support him.
View Quote

Boeing management has the tools to deal with the lazy shitbags....but they, in turn are lazy shitbags that are along for the ride, So..yeah, the turds keep their jobs...because they are allowed to....by management.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I was speaking of unions generally in that regard. PLENTY of worthless ****s have been protected by unions in this country.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Boeing management has the tools to deal with the lazy shitbags....but they, in turn are lazy shitbags that are along for the ride, So..yeah, the turds keep their jobs...because they are allowed to....by management.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EXACTLY!!
We had a really worthless one, one manager told me she was untouchable, she was black, a woman and a union steward. I called BS on that one, no one is untouchable if you do your job and document it.
About 2 years later a manager had her on his bucket list before retirement. She was gone before he was
Just took some work on the part of the manager.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Boeing management has the tools to deal with the lazy shitbags....They promote them to management.  but they, in turn are lazy shitbags that are along for the ride, So..yeah, the turds keep their jobs...because they are allowed to....by management.
View Quote

FIFY  
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#25]
nevermind
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

FIFY  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boeing management has the tools to deal with the lazy shitbags....They promote them to management.  but they, in turn are lazy shitbags that are along for the ride, So..yeah, the turds keep their jobs...because they are allowed to....by management.

FIFY  

well....there is that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:15:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:EXACTLY!!
We had a really worthless one, one manager told me she was untouchable, she was black, a woman and a union steward. I called BS on that one, no one is untouchable if you do your job and document it.
About 2 years later a manager had her on his bucket list before retirement. She was gone before he was
Just took some work on the part of the manager.
View Quote

Oh sweet jebus, my mom used to be a school district administrator and you should have heard the ridiculous lengths to which they had to go to fire a minority (or to hire a white person, to be honest). Completely out of control. If they wanted to fire a white male teacher, they just ****ing fired them. Pink slip, Donald Trump style. Minority female? Shiiiiiit, there could be video evidence of them raping kids and it'd still take 2 years to get them out the door...and then the biotch would still sue and get some kind of settlement. I don't think people understand just how institutionalized racism/sexism is in public education.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

well....there is that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY  

well....there is that.

I'd never heard of "promoting up" before I got to Boeing.................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top