Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2015 6:19:46 AM EDT
I started looking into making one of these and then I remembered that I met an ARFCOMER about 10 years ago that had one of these.  He lived in Auburn but that is about all I can remember.  Anyone know who he is or was it you?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont know who you're talking about, but that sounds like an excellent idea for a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
De Lisle Carbine?

I've seen a few reproductions that are made in Washington, held a few, but never shot them.  Supposed to be fairly quiet..  Someone else makes them as well, or was working on another version.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
That would be Tom Liemohn aka "WA Tom".  He is not the one who built it though.  There is a class 2 in NV (Richard @ SIA) who did the
conversion for him.  You can reach Tom at [email protected].  He is a class 2 in Kent (formerly of Auburn) and does quality
gunsmithing work.  I use him a lot for barrel threading ($75 for each barrel).

Tim
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
De Lisle Carbine?

I've seen a few reproductions that are made in Washington, held a few, but never shot them.  Supposed to be fairly quiet..  Someone else makes them as well, or was working on another version.
View Quote

I am looking just for a carbine since I have a 45 can in jail.  I have been looking at SIA's conversions but if there are others I'll have to keep looking.  I sent Rich an email asking their production time for a customer supplied action, well see if/how long it takes to get back to me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would be Tom Liemohn aka "WA Tom".  He is not the one who built it though.  There is a class 2 in NV (Richard @ SIA) who did the
conversion for him.  You can reach Tom at [email protected].  He is a class 2 in Kent (formerly of Auburn) and does quality
gunsmithing work.  I use him a lot for barrel threading ($75 for each barrel).

Tim
View Quote

Thank you, that is him!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I built on from a No. 1 Enfield and a Rhineland Arms kit with the mag well adaptor.  I was able to use my 510 whisper silencer on it by stacking the baffles at the end of the can and turning down the barrel to fit.  I welded an AK underfolding stock to it and put on a 1.5x shotgun scope.  It shot ok but I wanted to make it more like the original with the offset silencer and short bolt especially after my whisper can got stuck together and I can't reposition the baffles anymore

I got a tax stamp to make an offset silencer for it in 45 caliber but have not yet shortened the bolt.  Not sure when I will ever get it done or if I will just get a refund on the stamp instead.

Here is what it looked like before I extended the threads and set it back in the frame.

The bipod is just to prop it up for the photo.  I've been told it is the ugliest rifle in the world so it better shoot very well.  It doesn't, 4" at 100 yards.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
4" group at 100 yards with a short fat .45 acp bullet with a BC of 0.160 is more than accurate enough.  Nice build.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Is the underfolder your work Randy?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, lots of weld, grind. weld, grind.  

Randy
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#10]
cool. I've seen Remington 870 side folders retrofitted but never an underfolder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top