Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2015 8:26:01 PM EDT
I think I might like to dip a toe into the pool of 3-gun.  Have gear for "Limited" class shooting.  Shot CAS for a few years several years back and have been shooting some Glock SSF matches the past couple of summers.  Any local matches that might fit the bill for me for a fun intro to 3-gun?

I'm in the South Sound and would drive up to an hour or two.  Thanks!

Rob
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I just joined the Custer Sportsmen Club, matches being one of the reason. Last Saturday, I was talking to a couple members who said that They are very relaxed, and helpful to beginners. I dunno, I'll tell You how it goes up there shortly. so far, My experiences up there have been fantastic.

I don't know what is down there for shooting ranges. can't believe here to be a whole lot around Seattle.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#2]
There is practical rifle at Upper Nisqually sportsman's club on the first saturday of the month.  It is rifle, and most guys shoot precision rifles, but a number of people shoot AR15's, semi-auto Grendels and similar rifles.  Sometimes they have some handgun added, but it is mostly rifle.  The good part is that they are very welcoming to new shooters.  Mostly they shoot steel out to 550 yards.

Feel free to email, or PM me if you want more info.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club in Bremerton has USPSA and Fun Steel matches each month.  http://gunsafety.org/

Randy
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#4]
You might like Friday Night Rifle League. West Coast Armory, Friday nights, starts at 7 pm.

Low key, low stakes, good place to tune up your rifle handling. If you've shot any sort of action pistol you'll find it natural. It is a gateway drug for 3 gun.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:07:33 AM EDT
[#5]
That West Coast Amory looks like a cool deal, too bad it's along ways from Me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all of the ideas so far, guys!  I'll check out West Coast Armory, but that is quite a drive for me.  Upper Nisqually might be a good fit...I live in Dupont.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Also, it looks like Kitsap Rifle and Revolver will be putting together 3 gun matches for Sunday June 7th and Sunday July 5th, as well as our annual Courage Classic Charity 3-gun Match, which will be the 1st and 2nd of August.

C'mon out!
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, it looks like Kitsap Rifle and Revolver will be putting together 3 gun matches for Sunday June 7th and Sunday July 5th, as well as our annual Courage Classic Charity 3-gun Match, which will be the 1st and 2nd of August.

C'mon out!
View Quote

CC was my first 3 gun. They put on a good match, very entertaining stage designs. The mystery stage is always the highlight.

A big part of the learning process is how to safely and efficiently transport yourself and gear between stages. A lot of guys have baby strollers, some folks use garden type wagons. Something with wheels is highly recommended.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info.  I think Kitsap is one of the places I have been shooting the GSSF matches (there is one in June).

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top