Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2015 1:09:36 AM EDT
Just wanted to share that I bought my first box of 22lr ammo since late December 2012. It was the last box (federal target match, 325 rounds) at walmart and I picked it for $18.97

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:07:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! I was coming across it fairly regular for a little while. I thought maybe things were starting to get back to normal but it turned out I was just getting lucky. Right place right time! Long story short,I'm stocked up to the point I'm no longer looking. Good luck and happy hunting!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I could use another box or 2.  May have to look at my local wally world.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats! I was coming across it fairly regular for a little while. I thought maybe things were starting to get back to normal but it turned out I was just getting lucky. Right place right time! Long story short,I'm stocked up to the point I'm no longer looking. Good luck and happy hunting!
View Quote

That's exactly what it was - right place right time.

Anybody that works 8am - 5pm essentially has no chance in buying any significant stock of 22 ammo. I still hear stories from the store clerks about neckbeards that raid the ammo counters first thing in the morning.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Anybody that works 8am - 5pm essentially has no chance in buying any significant stock of 22 ammo. I still hear stories from the store clerks about neckbeards that raid the ammo counters first thing in the morning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's about the only advantage to working graveyard shift
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a thread in GD from a Walmart employee that is of interest here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#8]

The close up deceives the scale - are those 50 rounds per box? If so, F-that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

3x500 = 1,500.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Where did you find those? Its a little spendy, but not too terrible.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#11]
$$$$pendy, but good for a suppressed 22!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Sorry, it's in Team.

Quoted:
Where did you find those? Its a little spendy, but not too terrible.

Actually for standard velocity it's about right.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#13]
$7.80/100.  1070 FPS.  Excellent for suppressed guns.  Best price I got for CCI subsonics in the past 12 months was $5.99/100.  I'll pick up 200-500 rounds per week at Bimart when deliveries are regular. Picked up just shy of 2,000 rounds this month. I stop by about 3 days/week only once per day.  There is another store near me that gets some .22 regularly, prices are a little higher, but reasonable.  All my excess goes to my buddies, including guys here.   I don't sell it for a profit, just what I paid for it.  

We shoot about 300-500 rounds of .22lr a month at our home range so that requires some effort to source it.  If you look for it once a month you'll find it less than if you look for it 3 times a week.  Same with powder.  Picked up 12 pounds the last 2 weeks, 1lb at a time.  $26/lb and less after tax for 4064, 4198, 2520, reloader 15, unique, 4227, H110, and 4831.  We shoot a lot of pistol and rifle and almost never buy factory ammo.  I reload for 18 different calibers, maybe 20, so just about any powder I get I can use.  

.22 shelf.  

About 7,000 rounds of many types. I normally stocked 25-35,000 rounds, but instead of 15 varieties I would stock 2 or three favorites. Those favorites have dwindled down.

Powder magazine.  

Yes, it's wood and 3lbs shy.  Just well finished.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:21:06 AM EDT
[#14]
surplus arms and ammo. Always has .22. Always.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:15:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I need to go shopping for some .22LR.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

But at what price? F them!!!

All you hear all over is about supporting the local gun shops. In turn the local shops jack the prices up and screw over their customers.

Surplus Ammo can kiss my ass. They're one of the worst about neck bearding ammo prices around here.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I have given up on trying to find .22 at my local Wall-mart (Mount Vernon).  I have spoke to the employees there, and they tell me that they have "regulars" that literally spend the night / early morning waiting for the shipments to come in.  

One guy in particular even brings a coffee thermos, folds out one of their camping chairs and plays with his phone while waiting

I forgot to ask if he has a beard
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

At $50 a brick they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I used to buy a lot from SAA, but they went full Cheaper Than Dirt on their customers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

A few panics ago they had bricks on the shelf for $85.

Another shop still has cases of 855 marked at $599.99 even though ATF has backed off the ban.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I have been finding it with relative regularity at the local Fred Meyer by showing up first thing on the mornings after they have received shipments the previous night. Remington Goldens for 5.6 CPR OTD, Federal Auto Match for 7.4 CPR OTD, CCI HV CPHP for 9.9 CPR OTD. Not always the greatest prices, but good enough to keep me shooting.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I found some at the Lacey Cabelas last weekend.

First time I had seen any there in at least a year.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

All you hear all over is about supporting the local gun shops. In turn the local shops jack the prices up and screw over their customers.

Surplus Ammo can kiss my ass. They're one of the worst about neck bearding ammo prices around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. F the local shops.
Ive always thought that the local gun shop is the worst place to purchase firearms and ammo due to 90% of them trying to take you to the cleaners. Discount guns, SAA, local gun shops - they all follow CTDs business model.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#23]
East County Guns in Elma does not follow the Cheaper Than Dirt/ SAA model.  They're a local shop with great prices, selection, knowledge and service.  Sorry your local shops suck. Not all of them do.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just wanted to share that I bought my first box of 22lr ammo since late December 2012. It was the last box (federal target match, 325 rounds) at walmart and I picked it for $18.97

View Quote

BTW, they're not really a local shop since they're a chain but I just picked up 2 boxes of that at Sportsmans Warehouse last month for the same price.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
East County Guns in Elma does not follow the Cheaper Than Dirt/ SAA model.  They're a local shop with great prices, selection, knowledge and service.  Sorry your local shops suck. Not all of them do.
View Quote

I second that, East County Guns is a great place, Andy and the guy's have always got whatever I needed.
and at respectable prices.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:49:28 AM EDT
[#26]
I havent been able to find .22 ammo in a long time.  Wally world employees tell me that local gun stores come in and clean them out.  Cabelas hasnt had any on the shelf in months.  Not that I would pay their prices anyways.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:42:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Cabela's has Remington Thunderbolt .22LR for $26.99 a brick. It's not listed in the Rimfire section in the pricing range, but if you click on Remington Rimfire ammo, it shows up.
ETA:  Gone now.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:I forgot to ask if he has a beard
View Quote

I've seen the guy....no beard. It's the same dude who was buying all the green tips...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top