BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2015 7:12:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quote from your Federal Government scientist:

“They (grizzlys) don’t generally move very far from the place they were born."

Reality: 2,800 mile trek of radio collared female grizzly:
http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/Grizzly-bear-wanders-5-000-miles-across-Montana-and-Idaho/30065086

Your Government wouldn't lie to you, would they?

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
If they're talking about it then they're probably already doing it.    We had been seeing wolves a few years before they admitted they were here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Totally fine with it. Man killed the bears off, I'm fine with them coming back, so long as I can pack heat in the woods to defend myself.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]
They should reintroduce them around the trails that the progressive-liberal conservationists converted into hiking-only.  Even better, those dedicated to "communion" with mother nature.   I fully support it.  

While they are at it, why not also increasing the mountain lion's population?

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
They're already there.

Edit: Just skimmed the article. We don't need anymore, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#7]
They are already here.  4 years ago on a turkey hunt in Kettle falls we saw one from a distance.  F&W has been denying it for a long time.  Even when residence's of the area have been telling them for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Not many around, here is a confirmed sighting of one.

Link
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They should reintroduce them around the trails that the progressive-liberal conservationists converted into hiking-only.  I fully support it.  
View Quote

All the trailheads along I-90 west of the pass.  + Tiger Mtn & "Issaquah Alps".
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Totally fine with it. Man killed the bears off, I'm fine with them coming back, so long as I can pack heat in the woods to defend myself.
View Quote

Can you?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm curious why you guys are opposed to boosting the numbers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Not really plus-ed either way, just not seeing the reason to introduce another/additional apex predators.  What's their purpose?
Is there a population of something getting out of hand that needs controlling?  I mean, will their addition bring balance to something I'm missing?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#13]

I personally don't mind making the woods a little less safe for the crunchy-granola types ('bear bells'... yeah, right) & am not plussed by the 'it makes hunting harder' argument against predator reintroduction...

Hopefully if they 'do it', the bears will do well enough that they can be taken off the ESL....

Of course, with the way the greens have handled the wolf situation (No, no, you can never take them off, even if they're not endangered anymore, and we will sue to keep it that way), that might not work out as planned...

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not really plus-ed either way, just not seeing the reason to introduce another/additional apex predators.  What's their purpose?
Is there a population of something getting out of hand that needs controlling?  I mean, will their addition bring balance to something I'm missing?
View Quote

Yes.  Progressive-liberals are populating and numbers are out of hand.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:30:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I would love to see the western spine of the Cascades turned into grizzly habitat.

The fucking metrovites would quit running out here every weekend in their REI spandex and fleece to jog and walk all over with ski poles, and then assume that gives them authority to tell everybody who LIVES HERE how to do everything.

Some days I swear I'm going to start setting up border checkpoints on eastbound I-90 at exit 22.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol...there is that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

lol...there is that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol...there is that.

Ok, you sold me.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I doubt they'd put a whole page in the hunting regs showing the differences for identifying them vs black bears if they weren't already in the woods.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I doubt they'd put a whole page in the hunting regs showing the differences for identifying them vs black bears if they weren't already in the woods.
View Quote

It's as though F&W can't make up their minds. It would be nice to have really big bear rug
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I say do it.
Add free large-bore handgun shooting lessons to the fee for the National Park permit.
Give a $50.00 discount coupon for the purchase of said large-bore handgun.

Darwin's Law will take care of the tree-hugging, anti-gun, feed-a-Grizzly-a-granola-bar crowd.

It'll sort itself out.
Then there's those nice, big bear rugs to be had!  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I would love to see the western spine of the Cascades turned into grizzly habitat.

The fucking metrovites would quit running out here every weekend in their REI spandex and fleece to jog and walk all over with ski poles, and then assume that gives them authority to tell everybody who LIVES HERE how to do everything.

Some days I swear I'm going to start setting up border checkpoints on eastbound I-90 at exit 22.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It's as though F&W can't make up their minds. It would be nice to have really big bear rug
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought there was a really-tiny acknowledged population somewhere up near the Canadian border???
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:02:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I thought there was a really-tiny acknowledged population somewhere up near the Canadian border???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There may well be...there are parts of North Cascades NP that are very rarely visited by humans.

There have been sightings as far south as the upper Teanaway River drainage...nothing that can be confirmed, but I know what I saw that day in '96.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There may well be...there are parts of North Cascades NP that are very rarely visited by humans.

There have been sightings as far south as the upper Teanaway River drainage...nothing that can be confirmed, but I know what I saw that day in '96.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've talked with WDFW bios who are involved in problem bear issues.  They are here in the state.  Not many, but there are a few.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top