Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2015 12:08:09 AM EDT
Tuesday the 24th at 5:00

From the little blurb I saw they showed Ralph Faschetti and said something about how people were getting around I-594, then went into people buying SBR's, and silencers.  

I am sure it will be a hit piece, I may even throw something at the TV and break it.

But I do have the DVR set.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#1]
So in a state that is solidly split on the issue, where nearly half voted against the unenforceable law, they're surprised that people are not complying?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Great they are going to focus on NFA items which had nothing to do with 594.  Even more reason why I'm getting all of my tax stamps collected ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw the add for that.  Made it sound like I594 made it so you can pick up cans and SBRs anywhere with no check at all.  I'm almost curious enough to watch it just to see what kind of crap they made up for this piece.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Depending on how they spin it,it may be the last time i ever watch kiro.  The trailer didn't look too promising.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#5]
someone post video for eastsiders.

I'd like to see what they say about nfa
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it this video?  http://www.kirotv.com/videos/online/video-enforcement-issues-surround-i-594/vC8TQQ/

Randy
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know anything about the claimed prevented sale?

My bet is that if they did "stop" some prohibited person, it was someone who had no idea they were prohibited and was trying to buy a gun from a dealer, not a private party.

I'll also wager that nothing happened to the person that attempted to buy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I just saw another trailer leading up to this story at five on Kiro. Is it me or are they trying to tie multiple issues they obviously know dick about into one story? I mean they are mentioning I594 along with short barrel rifles and silencers. So what exactly are they trying to say?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Story did not air at 5pm, they just teased it. Unfortunately I just got home and only recorded the 5 o'clock news. Going to have to check out the Kiro website.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone know anything about the claimed prevented sale?

My bet is that if they did "stop" some prohibited person, it was someone who had no idea they were prohibited and was trying to buy a gun from a dealer, not a private party.

I'll also wager that nothing happened to the person that attempted to buy.
View Quote

Hey, there you go. It saved just one life. Now repeal it and move on.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck Me. Thats complete bullshit.

Who told them about NFA and trusts?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:31:31 AM EDT
[#14]
just watched it online.

What I expected a hit piece.

lets see if you are a felon you cannot touch a gun, so a trust will not help you, same for a MG and a suppressor, well I suppose you may be able to just hold onto a suppressor you just can't have it attached to a gun.

the reporter mentioned a CLEO sign off but not the reasons this is bad, no one in Seattle would ever have a suppressor or SBR
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#15]
It was the best technical understanding of the relevant laws that I have ever seen on the news.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#16]
It might be the best you've seen on the news, but it was still incorrect.  It was claimed that I-594 did not address trusts; but it does.  
I-594 section 2 paragraph 17 says;
(17) "Person" means any individual, corporation, company, association, firm, partnership, club, organization, society, joint stock company, or other legal entity.
View Quote

A trust is a legal entity.  This is something the AG could iron out; too bad he is too chicken-shit to give an opinion.

Quoted:
.... well I suppose you may be able to just hold onto a suppressor you just can't have it attached to a gun.
View Quote

A silencer is legally a firearm.  If a person is not allowed to hold a firearm, then they can't hold a silencer.

Randy
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:22:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yet they weren't arrested there; "Snider said he hopes the man is arrested..."  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

On Saturday December 6, one of those checks came back with a denial.

"There was a person that tried to buy a firearm and he was refused only to find out later that the person there was a warrant out for his arrest,” Snider said.

Yet they weren't arrested there; "Snider said he hopes the man is arrested..."  

In my experience a "Deny" response is not the initial response, but a "Delay" is issued first. Then a day or two later it becomes a "Deny". My sample is small, only 4 "Deny" responses in almost 7 years, and one guy accounts for two of those. He thought he had it cleared up, but didn't. So in reality, it was 3 people that were given a "Deny" response, but two of those guys got them overturned on appeal. In other words, the "Deny" error rate was 67%......
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:43:16 AM EDT
[#18]
delay is no biggie, I get them all the time just because i share a name with a guy on the FBI 10 most wanted list.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Another thing, I'm NEVER told why a person gets a Deny response, or even a Delay for that matter. The only way I could find that out is if the person tells me, the FBI will never divulge the reason to me or any FFL.....
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I used to never get a delay, but the last three times I've bought/transferred anything I've got a delay, even when including my SSN. Super annoying and somewhat worrying, because my name is not that common.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top