Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2015 7:38:07 PM EDT
I receive e-mail alerts when the AG is asked for an opinion.  So far it seems no one has submitted a formal request to the AG for an opinion on I-594.  Senator Sheldon's office says a verbal request was made, not a written one.  Anyone know what gives?  Are they awaiting results of the lawsuit or to see if any of the bills pass?  Thanks.

Randy
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought that the AG didn't take "requests"...
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Requests from legislators or state agencies.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
time to find some agency where we know people...
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:26:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Or maybe Sheldon should submit a formal, written, request.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
What question(s) about the bill would you want answered?

Mine:  How do I inform Law Enforcement when I will be following State Law, and when I will be following Federal Law?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
My question would be:

As a folder of an FFL03, I can purchase C&R qualified firearms from individuals in-state, C&R qualified rifles and shotguns from out-of-state individuals and C&R qualified pistols from another FFL01 or 03.
Does 594 change any of that?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
the legislative notes describe the process of acquiring an SBR via an ATF Form 1 or transferring an SBR via ATF Form 4. Is the word "acquiring" in section 2 referring to the process of obtaining an SBR via a Form 1?

***Edit*** I really need to read thread titles...ignore everything I've said here.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
How come the answer to my question would not answer your question?

I 594 is follow "...state or federal law..."
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else here ask their legislator to request an AG opinion?  I thought Sheldon was going to come through, but I guess not.  

Randy
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Just an assumption.  SAF's lawsuit that appeals to a higher court, Federal, would make any opinion they gave moot.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:20:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else here ask their legislator to request an AG opinion?  I thought Sheldon was going to come through, but I guess not.  

Randy
View Quote

I asked Litzow before the election, and his assistant said AG won't give an opinion on initiatives before an election. I bugged them after the election, heard nothing so I bugged them again. Now his assistant says the AG won't give an opinion on 594 because SAF filed a lawsuit.

Such a cop-out. The AG doesn't want to give an opinion because 594 is as clear as mud. Someone in state government already gave bad legal advice to Dept Fisheries & Wildlife on 594 compliant transfers during hunter education. DFW wrote that Hunters Ed instructors are covered under the 594 LEO transfer exemption, whereas anyone with half a brain can see that is not true because they don't meet the LEO criteria.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Now his assistant says the AG won't give an opinion on 594 because SAF filed a lawsuit.
View Quote

Hmmmm, Washington State Bar Complaint against the AG, for failing to carry out his oath of office?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hmmmm, Washington State Bar Complaint against the AG, for failing to carry out his oath of office?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Now his assistant says the AG won't give an opinion on 594 because SAF filed a lawsuit.

Not worth the money, time or effort when the matter will be settled by a higher court unless you have the funds to sponsor the effort.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not worth the money, time or effort when the matter will be settled by a higher court unless you have the funds to sponsor the effort.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Write letter to the Washington State Bar, they take care of the rest.

AG will have to respond to the Bar on how come he is not doing his job, and in violation of his oath, he might (very slim possibility here) be disbarred.

$5 including postage.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag, you're it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Representative MacEwen is now telling me that the AG has deferred any opinion to the local prosecutors.  So who is a good person to approach to ask the county prosecuting attorneys for an opinion?  Can the County Commissioners ask and expect to receive an answer?

Randy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top