Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2015 7:33:06 AM EDT
Guy was apparently throwing rocks at cars.  Tazed him, didn't work, and then he tried to flee and was shot.  The video doesn't show much.  I'm really excited to deal with all the "social justice warriors" at school tomorrow.

News link

There is video, as stated above, leaving link cold for the squeamish.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=73f_1423625860
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Another video has surfaced, with a better view.  It shows the guy threatening the cops, shuffling away and then turning back towards them, and finally getting ventilated.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4e8_1423673430
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for the guy's family, but when confronted by police in a situation like that you should probably comply.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I always wonder just how the guy the cops confronted thought it was going to play out.   "I'll just run down the street and they won't shoot at me....oh, geez, they are shooting, rather than laying on the ground, I'll keep running for a better outcome..."
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe you shouldn't be out throwing rocks at cars. The flagrant disregard that people have for property rights these days is shocking, to be honest. Not sure it warrants lethal force, but screw it, leave people's shit alone and you'll be ok!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe you shouldn't be out throwing rocks at cars. The flagrant disregard that people have for property rights these days is shocking, to be honest. Not sure it warrants lethal force, but screw it, leave people's shit alone and you'll be ok!!
View Quote

That sums it up for me.  I wonder if the guy was mentally handicapped.  The "SJW" crowd in the comments sections of the video and the news link don't seem to grasp what a baseball sized rock can do to someone's skull.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That sums it up for me.  I wonder if the guy was mentally handicapped.  The "SJW" crowd in the comments sections of the video and the news link don't seem to grasp what a baseball sized rock can do to someone's skull.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People die every year from that shit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 1:59:23 AM EDT
[#7]
It's sad that someone has to die for doing such stupid shit - I question the guys mental status too.
What ever happened to the gas-gun/grenade launchers with beanbag rounds the police used to have?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#8]
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/player-dies-being-hit-object-090746741--sow.html
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#9]
If I see you throwing rocks at my car you better hope the cops catch you before I do.  Just saying.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I see you throwing rocks at my car you better hope the cops catch you before I do.  Just saying.
View Quote

good thing you have a truck
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
good thing you have a truck
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE:  Turns out the rock-chucker was a meth addicted transient with priors (including felony assault on an officer), and his wife and children had a protective order against him due to abuse.  Of course, they're now preparing to sue the City of Pasco for $25,000,000.  There's a bunch of Occupy types that are headed here to protest tomorrow, and the Mexican government has weighed in on the issue with a sternly written letter to the Pasco PD.  Things are getting good.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess I could have shot every kid in Iraq for throwing rocks at me and my guys...

ETA: Don't get me wrong, my hearts not bleeding for this guy. Maybe if he was home in Mexico and not addicted to meth, he might still be alive.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#15]
This looks like he brought it on himself. Not sure what he expected when he started throwing the rocks at the cops. Especially in Pasco.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I guess I could have shot every kid in Iraq for throwing rocks at me and my guys...

ETA: Don't get me wrong, my hearts not bleeding for this guy. Maybe if he was home in Mexico and not addicted to meth, he might still be alive.
View Quote

If he was home in Mexico, he would've been shot all the same and it wouldn't be news.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Good to know it's ok now to shoot people who throw rocks at my car. That is, if they run away from me afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:00:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good to know it's ok now to shoot people who throw rocks at my car. That is, if they run away from me afterwards.
View Quote

When you put it like that, it seems completely reasonable.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:27:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

that's basically how I respond every time I see a cop car without his lights on driving 85.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
UPDATE:  Turns out the rock-chucker was a meth addicted transient with priors (including felony assault on an officer), and his wife and children had a protective order against him due to abuse.  Of course, they're now preparing to sue the City of Pasco for $25,000,000.  There's a bunch of Occupy types that are headed here to protest tomorrow, and the Mexican government has weighed in on the issue with a sternly written letter to the Pasco PD.  Things are getting good.
View Quote

I take it your from the Tri Cities area? Wasn't his felony assault on the cop from trying to disarm him? I love how he was homeless, yet where were his family before the shooting? Is it just me or is this now their way to win the lawsuit lottery? Mexican goverment needs to be told to STFU, and mind their own business, don't like how this ended, than tell your border jumpers to stay home, we're not giving special treatment, and had this happened down there, with a Amercian what would the response be? Oh yea, you'd had shot him also, since you lock up former Marines for making a honest mistake. Like said above, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. The only ones I feel for, are the officers and their families, no matter what they would have done they were screwed from the get go, wonder how the reaction had been if one of the officers had been killed or left permantly handicapped? It's funny how people have been a killed by being stoned, or pummeled, with rocks, go to court get convicted because it was a assault and the rock was considered a deadly weapon.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm in the Tri-Cities, yes.  I agree, it's unfortunate that the man was killed, but as I mentioned in the GD thread, he was on borrowed time.  His assault charge from last year involved hitting passing cars with a broom, throwing a mailbox at officers, then wrestling around with a cop and trying to take his service pistol.  All while really, really high on meth.  Could've justifiably shot him then.  He was tazed and arrested. Tazers didn't work this time.  And yes, his wife and children had a protection order against him for continuing abuse, then moved to California.  They're now suing for $25m for "future earnings" that the deceased won't realize as well as "emotional distress".  They wanted nothing to do with him while he was alive, but he's a golden ticket now.  His extended family here are now looking at filing a lawsuit as well, even though he had been a transient since getting out of jail on the felony assault.  At least the protest this past Saturday was peaceful, except for the Occupy idiots from Seattle that refused to leave after the family told them to, and left garbage strewn in the street that local community members had to clean up Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It's sad that someone has to die for doing such stupid shit - I question the guys mental status too.

What ever happened to the gas-gun/grenade launchers with beanbag rounds the police used to have?
View Quote

Only issued for riot control, during an actual riot.

Common 'general issue' less-lethal is a tazer and/or pepper spray...

Some departments don't have the budget for that, though - and it's just baton/gun...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top