Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2014 5:49:23 PM EDT
Bought two from the Sportsman's Guide.  Usually spout replacements for fuel containers have been hard to find, especially OEM.  They claim to fit a bunch of different styles.....

EZ Spout site

I'm "hopeful", but just wondering if anyone has used one yet?  Their website also has an adapter to use on Jerry cans (plastic and steel).  Might have to pick that one up to use on a few older cans that I have.....

Some of the fuel containers I have belonged to my my father and uncle, so they are older.....  I bought one of those new vent-less containers w/ the auto off (or keep it pressed to keep fueling)....hate it.

Has anyone used these?  Did I just wast my $$$....or .....
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 4 of them.  Work great for me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they are great.

Everyone at EPA involved with forcing these new spouts on us should be strung up by the short hairs!

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Might have to look into these for my steel Blitz cans. The "new CA approved" shit they come with or sell now leak like mofo. I broke my old metal bendy-spout and couldn't find a replacement.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:08:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might have to look into these for my steel Blitz cans. The "new CA approved" shit they come with or sell now leak like mofo. I broke my old metal bendy-spout and couldn't find a replacement.
View Quote

Then you need this:

Jerry Can adapter

I'm gonna have to order one or two and try on my Jerry cans.....
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep I have a few of those, work great, replaced all the lids on my red plastic blitz cans. Surprisingly I spill a LOT less than the shit spouts they come with... and HELL OF A LOT less on my fingers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Then you need this:

http://ezpourspout.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ProductTitles_JerryCanAdapter.jpg
Jerry Can adapter

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you need this:

http://ezpourspout.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ProductTitles_JerryCanAdapter.jpg
Jerry Can adapter

Rock on!  Thanks.  Just ordered from Amazon Prime, will have both the adapter and funnel kit here Wednesday.  $20.49 shipped, not bad.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:40:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes, they are great.

Everyone at EPA involved with forcing these new spouts on us should be strung up by the short hairs!

View Quote

The new ones fucking suck... It takes damn near ten minutes to empty a friggin five gallon can!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#8]
No but we used these: no spill at a field camp and they work as advertised.

How you gonna keep 'em down on the farm once they've seen no-spill Jill?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#9]
A few years ago I bought a bunch of replacement spouts from Rotopax to use on my old Rubbermaid fuel containers. They are basically indistinguishable from the OEM Rubbermaid spouts. High quality, good stuff.

Conventional Spout Set
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/X6QhDqumItw
View Quote

Nice....Checked out their website, too bad their spout won't fit other brands of cans as  replacement spout.  I might pick up a smaller can to fill trimmer tanks, but I'll still use a 5 gallon can to fill the 'no spill' tank.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A few years ago I bought a bunch of replacement spouts from Rotopax to use on my old Rubbermaid fuel containers. They are basically indistinguishable from the OEM Rubbermaid spouts. High quality, good stuff.

Conventional Spout Set
View Quote

Sweet.

The more options as spout replacements, the BETTER!!!  So as long as the spouts cost less then a whole new container  

Personally, I usually don't like the flipping kind of spout.  I liked the OEM Blitz that slide in/out (to an extent).  But I guess if it keeps the container a little more low profile.....

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes, they are great.

View Quote

Didn't CARB do this, not the EPA?

Seems like another case of 'Rather than a separate CA product & rest-of-US product, it's cheaper to just make only the CA product - everyone else is screwed'...

And yes, the CA-friendly gas spouts SUCK ASS

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nice....Checked out their website, too bad their spout won't fit other brands of cans as  replacement spout.  I might pick up a smaller can to fill trimmer tanks, but I'll still use a 5 gallon can to fill the 'no spill' tank.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn. I did not realize that. I thought they made a kit for other gas cans.

I did see a bubba fix:
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I did see a bubba fix: http://youtu.be/0lcnwdIYEfI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did see a bubba fix: http://youtu.be/0lcnwdIYEfI

Yup, the No Spill site says this:

PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER:  Our Parts & Accessories are only designed and intended for use with fuel cans manufactured by No Spill Inc.  All sales are final and returns will not be granted.

That's a quick and nifty mod to do.  I think I've seen it.  But I personally would not use a rubber valve stem.  Those will not last if gas gets on them.  I'd use a metal one (yes it has a rubber part on in, but at least you could put some silicon sealant on it too).

Nope, the issue is spouts to use on older fuel containers.  They break, leak, get lost and people want to replace them.  Example, the spout that Bliz had (pushed into container) was available for a LONG time.  But they quit making it and anyone that has one wants damned near gold for anyone to buy it....like over the cost of TWO NEW fuel cans!!!.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Then you need this:

Jerry Can adapter

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you need this:

Jerry Can adapter

Cool.  I'll get a couple for mine.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Delivered today.  They look like pretty good quality.  I don't feel like having my hands possibly smelling like gasoline as I cook Christmas Eve dinner, so I'll play with them later this weekend.  I have 1 "new" style Jerry can (no vent), and I had modified my previous cans to block the vent too.  I did that because the "new" style funnel was the only option I had, and it wasn't compatible with the old cans' vent (leaked even worse).  Looks like I'll need to add schraeder valves to all of them for better venting now.

I also have two of the "no spill" cans, and they work pretty well.  Well, except for the "auto stop".  It never seems to work right with my lawn mower and overflows, so I've stopped trying to use that feature.

ETA:  while I ordered the "black tube" version based on the picture, I actually got the white tube.  No big deal, maybe the white will be better for watching the fuel flow....
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Back in the day my Dad had a couple GI jerry cans with small air vents. Anyone ever seen these? I'm not sure if they came that way, or he modded them. Opening that vent sure made them pour nice and smooth.

They were probably Korean War era cans.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I have collected a few Military Plastic NATO cans that work very well.
I read up on them and found a way to make adapters from PVC parts from Home Depot.
They fit perfect, do not leak and cost about 7 bucks per nozzle.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sceptor+fule+nozzle+home+depot&view=detailv2&&&id=92B73FC54F0240CDA37605C5E5744083778E249B&selectedIndex=67&ccid=b%2bfbkRvQ&simid=608051873551288771&thid=HN.608051873551288771
google scepter fuel nozzles    Home Depot
Now to the twisted and sick engineer that developed the CARB nozzle, he should be killed by firing squad....with pellet rifle.
That's right, keep shooting till he croaks.
Might even take days.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Any idea if this will work on the newer EPA "no spill" cans?  My new "no spill" cans leak pretty bad when filling up my car.  Whoever over at the EPA who was in charge of designing these things should be flogged.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I read up on them and found a way to make adapters from PVC parts from Home Depot.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sceptor+fule+nozzle+home+depot&view=detailv2&&&id=92B73FC54F0240CDA37605C5E5744083778E249B&selectedIndex=67&ccid=b%2bfbkRvQ&simid=608051873551288771&thid=HN.608051873551288771
Now to the twisted and sick engineer that developed the CARB nozzle, he should be killed by firing squad....with pellet rifle.
Might even take days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Might even take days.

Interesting.  The nozzles I saw on the Home Depot site are specific to Scepter cans.  The above link I put is suppose to be for universal use.

Quoted:
Any idea if this will work on the newer EPA "no spill" cans?  My new "no spill" cans leak pretty bad when filling up my car.  Whoever over at the EPA who was in charge of designing these things should be flogged.

Their website said pre-2009 fuel cans.  I have one of the new cans, but don't recall where it is, so I can't try to see if the threads work  not.

This is my backup if I have to fuel cars w/ gas and the spouts are broken.  It's long enough to clear the fuel door, small enough to go inside the nozzle hole of gas tanks and the opening is wide enough to rest the lip of the container.  Unfortunately, my last one must have blew away when it got windy....I don't recall where i put it.  You just have to go slow in pouring, as if you go too fast, you'll fill the funnel up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top