User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Having been in the military on an off for 25years I can safely say..that aafes(anotheragencyfuckingeverservicemen) is predatory..they exist to fleece Joe...give6k credit cards to privates then when he falls behind, they contact his commander to make him pay..an faces mi!itary justice,...so when I say fuck aafes...I mean mean with rusty barbed wire up the ass...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP must be rich or have a lot of surplus money to be able to give away 10 guns as presents.

either that, or your reading comprehension is at a kindergarten level.

Quoted:
FUCK AAFES.....

And the person who posted this is probably smarter than you.

Having been in the military on an off for 25years I can safely say..that aafes(anotheragencyfuckingeverservicemen) is predatory..they exist to fleece Joe...give6k credit cards to privates then when he falls behind, they contact his commander to make him pay..an faces mi!itary justice,...so when I say fuck aafes...I mean mean with rusty barbed wire up the ass...

Is this what they taught you in your part time military?  So it's the AAFES fault if you fall behind your payments?  Talk about taking responsibility for your actions.  I am not defending AAFES, it just sounds like today's military is going down the poopers.  And yes, I served 26 "continuous" honorable service in the submarine force.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
And just what is it that makes you feel your "26 consecutive years" has put you in a position to look down on someone who had a break in service?
How about me, I served 12.5 years and got out, are you better than me too?

Get off your high horse in that regard.

I do agree with you on personal responsibility in regards to the star card though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And just what is it that makes you feel your "26 consecutive years" has put you in a position to look down on someone who had a break in service?

I do agree with you on personal responsibility in regards to the star card though.
View Quote

I never said I am better than anyone, just qualifying myself in case someone asks if I even served.  And, my post was meant for the young service persons taking responsibility for their financial issues and not blaming anything/anyone.  The AAFES did not swipe the card for them nor entered the account number while power shopping online.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I never said I am better than anyone, just qualifying myself in case someone asks if I even served.  And, my post was meant for the young service persons taking responsibility for their financial issues and not blaming anything/anyone.  The AAFES did not swipe the card for them nor entered the account number while power shopping online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, the first bit had come off wrong is all. Like I said, I'm with you on the personal responsibility aspect.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sorry, the first bit had come off wrong is all. Like I said, I'm with you on the personal responsibility aspect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all good.  Veterans are veterans regardless of branch.  About AAFES, I don't shop there neither unless they are having a big holiday sale.  Other than that, I can beat their prices on almost every items (especially electronics) by shopping on line.  We were there last month and checked the prices of their computers.  Wife and I just laughed because we can beat any of their prices.  In fact, we bought the same laptop that they have (specs, model number, etc) on line for $200 less.  If you haven't tried it yet, go to this site:  www.slickdeals.net
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is this what they taught you in your part time military?  So it's the AAFES fault if you fall behind your payments?  Talk about taking responsibility for your actions.  I am not defending AAFES, it just sounds like today's military is going down the poopers.  And yes, I served 26 "continuous" honorable service in the submarine force.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP must be rich or have a lot of surplus money to be able to give away 10 guns as presents.

Quoted:
FUCK AAFES.....

I am full time not part time......you have soldiers right out of their parents home, never had any financial responsiblity..get an automatic 6k and they go nuts.....the issue I have with aafes is they can get your command involved..that doesnt happen to civilians......Your not a grunt, so you you should be honored I even commented to you....Navy..pffft
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]
The AF guy is going to go hide while the Army/Navy works this out.

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The AF guy is going to go hide while the Army/Navy works this out.

View Quote
Nothing to work out.  We have some ex-army guys and gals where I work at - we try to understand and forgive them.      
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where's the Coast Guard?  We can't win service rivalry bingo without them in the thread.
View Quote

I only know of one or two Coasties on ARFCOM.

The Jarheads haven't shown up yet either, which is why you haven't had any brawls yet.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The Jarheads haven't shown up yet either, which is why you haven't had any brawls yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's the Coast Guard?  We can't win service rivalry bingo without them in the thread.

Coastie reporting

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#16]
They got their dick slapped a few months ago for not following regulations on how they were selling to spouses. Now they've gone the other way and are being overly strict.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Turns out the "store manager" was not the store manager.  He was the cashier supervisor.  That grinds my gears because we were told he was the store manager and he introduced himself as such....
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#20]
what a bunch of BS. I'd want/love to buy 10 weapons at once also.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Coastie reporting  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coastie reporting  

Coast Guard also.  I'm supporting Op on this one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Civil air patrol checking in.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Uncle Sam's Canoe Club for Boys, representing!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Uncle Sam's Canoe Club for Boys, representing!
View Quote

Goddamn... You guys really come out of the woodwork when called.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Marine 0311 here, so I don't care what anyone thinks about the nature of my service. I know what I've done and haven't done, and I'm cool with it.  

That said, I don't really blame them for extending credit to boots. If you look at it from a pure credit-risk perspective, it makes sense. Boots have almost guaranteed income, minimal expenses (usually) AND you have extra leverage thanks to the "going to your command" thing. Personally, I think that's a good thing. A LOT of potentially irresponsible idiots have been deterred from doing stupid things simply out of fear that it might get back to the zeros. No one (sane) wants to **** with that, so it helps keep some idiots in line. At any rate, staying on topic, as a financial business decision it makes sense. Also, if they were stingy with the credit, people would just be outraged 'in the other direction'. The calls of "what the hell?! these people are fighting for our country and you won't even give them a few thousand $ in credit? that's just un-American!" would be heard far and wide.

As far as gun sales specifically go, IMO for military people they should be done at-cost, be highly encouraged by leadership, and the rules of on-base possession should be liberalized a bit. The DoD only has one job, killing people and breaking stuff. This isn't time for some mamby-pamby social experiment bullshit. Allowing military folks on base to have better access to guns WOULD result in some more deaths, but then again freedom ALWAYS does. The positives (more gun handling for the troops, more diverse weapons familiarity, more guns around when some terrorist asshole tries to go Ft Hood style etc), more than outweigh the potential negative outcomes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm staying out of this soup sandwich.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#28]
interesting. In the marine grunt world hardly anyone truly young is married (if they are they don't stay that way!) so I didn't see anything like that when I was in. I think in the entire platoon I deployed with in 1995 just one 1st enlistment guy / E1-E3 guy was married...and he got a dear john letter in Oki...so yeah, not a whole lot of 'families' racking up debt on that side of the house.  Pulic edu-muh-kay-shun has completely failed the nation when it comes to financial education...and I'm sure you have a front row seat for that. Still, if they are ****ing the bed, you'd think in the military there could be some training on this, right?
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
interesting. In the marine grunt world hardly anyone truly young is married (if they are they don't stay that way!) so I didn't see anything like that when I was in. I think in the entire platoon I deployed with in 1995 just one 1st enlistment guy / E1-E3 guy was married...and he got a dear john letter in Oki...so yeah, not a whole lot of 'families' racking up debt on that side of the house.  Pulic edu-muh-kay-shun has completely failed the nation when it comes to financial education...and I'm sure you have a front row seat for that. Still, if they are ****ing the bed, you'd think in the military there could be some training on this, right?
View Quote

Oki is the perfect place to get a Dear John... You can drown yourself in so much snatch there it's insane.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:29:13 AM EDT
[#30]
I wouldn't know, I hardly left the base the whole time I was there. Someone thought it was a good time to train for Super Squad comps, so I pretty much worked 7 days a week. My idea of 'leisure time' on that deployment was airsoft fights in the hallways of the barracks before collapsing into the rack.  It was also a little risky to galavant about town in those days, it was just after that guy (squid?) got busted for raping an underage Oki girl...
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
FUCK AAFES.....

I'll go with that.  As a young private once, AAFES staff saw me coming a mile away.  "Hey there soldier, we have this credit card program, no worries...."  I was young and stupid, and maxed it the first day...  My asshole was a dark place, I'm glad that I pulled my head out of it and saw the light.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top