Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2014 11:17:42 PM EDT
Am I missing something?  The kid who brought a gun to the school in Bremerton and accidentally shot a classmate generated a ton of news stories and speculation about the home situation and his parents.  

Fryberg shoots and kills several classmates and I haven't heard squat about the parents.  His twitter page is still up and he's got over 12K followers!

Why aren't we hearing anything about where he got the gun, or what his home life was like?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not saying its because he wasn't , but
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Marysville not Bremerton.

I594 would have magically stopped the little psychopath from killing those kids.
View Quote
Huh?  Bremerton was where the elementary school kid brought a handgun to school and accidentally shot a classmate.  The media pig-piled on the story and we knew everything about his dysfunction at home and the parents.

The shooter in Marysville hasn't even generated a single story that I could find that discusses his parents, where he got his gun, or what his home life was like.

Why the silence?  
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably because his family doesn't blame the gun, so their interview doesn't fit their narrative.

Edit: plus democrats would never advise disarming native Americans, that'd be racist
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Native family.

They're not going to air their laundry in the news.  It's a cultural thing.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Native family.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Exactly. If he had lived, he would slip away into hiding, be tried in tribal court, and serve time in a tribal jail. The media would promptly drop the story as well.

Special rules and treatmenr all around for the tribes in this state.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Am I missing something?  The kid who brought a gun to the school in Bremerton and accidentally shot a classmate generated a ton of news stories and speculation about the home situation and his parents.  
Fryberg shoots and kills several classmates and I haven't heard squat about the parents.  His twitter page is still up and he's got over 12K followers!
Why aren't we hearing anything about where he got the gun, or what his home life was like?
View Quote

Different situations.

The kid accidently shot his classmate in a school.

The Fyrberg kid did the premeditated murder thing.

Fryberg didn't steal the firearm used in the murders, it had been a present given to him by his parents.

It's a reservation thing and we will never know the true story.

If you go digging on the internet you can find the answers to the questions you seek.

A lot of their classmates were posting up a lot of information after the murders.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Huh?  Bremerton was where the elementary school kid brought a handgun to school and accidentally shot a classmate.  The media pig-piled on the story and we knew everything about his dysfunction at home and the parents.

The shooter in Marysville hasn't even generated a single story that I could find that discusses his parents, where he got his gun, or what his home life was like.

Why the silence?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I594 would have magically stopped the little psychopath from killing those kids.

Why the silence?  

because they are tribal and not white suburbanites so it doesnt fit the leftist narrative.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

because they are tribal and not white suburbanites so it doesnt fit the leftist narrative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the silence?  

this  ^^^^^
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Native family.

View Quote
Plus given the last name, I know some people in the Family.  Depending on who's kid it was it might be a sad irony.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Plus given the last name, I know some people in the Family.  Depending on who's kid it was it might be a sad irony.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Native family.

I work with a couple of guys from the area. Apparently Fryberg is a pretty prominent name among the tribe.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Both Fryberg and Hatch are huge names with the Tribe.  There is still a Fryberg on the Tribal Council I believe.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:11:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Both Fryberg and Hatch are huge names with the Tribe.  There is still a Fryberg on the Tribal Council I believe.
View Quote
Yea that's the guy I know.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top