Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2014 4:43:33 AM EDT
1. Go here and check to see if your ballot arrived and was counted

2. Have everyfuckingbody you know do the same thing.
3. Follow Rep Scott's advice and make some fucking noise. The means to contact your reps is so simple even Seattleites can figure it out.

From Representative Elizabeth Scott,

If you already got rid of all your campaign materials...You can quickly contact your representatives in one of these ways: email them at this pattern: [email protected] (example: [email protected]; this works for Reps and Senators both).

OR call the hotline at 1-800-562-6000 and give them your address. They will look you up and then give your voicemail to your 2 State Reps and your Senator. OR go to www.leg.wa.gov and click on the 'find your district' tab on the upper righthand corner. Put your address in and it will bring up the names of your reps. Click on their name to email them! Easy!

Tips: be polite and be brief. Example: My name is ---and I'm calling to strongly urge you to repeal 594 because ---. That's it. If you can add an emotional-appeal story of how this affects your family, it'll get through to the legislators who are not so facts-and-numbers based.

View Quote

4. Have everyfuckingbody you know do the same thing.

a. If you're not going to do a damn thing then shut the fuck up you sunshine fucking patriots.

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#1]
All it says is my ballot was recieved, nothing about counted.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 5:54:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
And understand that this is not the end of the fight. They will keep pushing incremental gun control.  Now we must turn our attention to:

1. The court case to overturn 594

2. A replacement bill for 591

3. Fighting the next legislation in the pipeline. You know as well as I do, it's already in the chute.

Get involved. Get informed. Attend the rallies. Educate your friends and family.

We really miss the boat where the fudds are concerned. Take, for instance, my neighbor. He's a retired cop, hunter, and opposes these gun control measures without fail. But he doesn't do "social media". He doesn't have facebook, arfcom, or the interwebs. We have to engage guys like him face-to-face, with flyers put up at local shops and ranges, whatever it takes.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Me too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.
Same here.  Normal?

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Same here.  Normal?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.
Same here.  Normal?

Me too. Does anybody know if it will say, "counted"? We need a liberal to report in on this one to confirm. Edit: Under the "elections in which I voted tab" 2014 is not listed.

Has anybody contacted the ACLJ? They're more involved with 1st amendment issues but it's worth a shot.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Me too. Does anybody know if it will say, "counted"? We need a liberal to report in on this one to confirm. Edit: Under the "elections in which I voted tab" 2014 is not listed.

Has anybody contacted the ACLJ? They're more involved with 1st amendment issues but it's worth a shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.
Same here.  Normal?

Mine is the same also. Says it has been received but nothing about being counted. In the status for elections counted, this one is not in it
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Me too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Yep I had my ballot in the first week of the election. Shows the same.

This is probably the most I've ever been involved in any election, signs on my vehicles, lawn, financial donations to all the organizations, appeals to friends and Facebook, and we got killed, but I'm not done making noise. And I will not comply.

The pamphlets were one of the biggest killers IMHO, the piece of paper that actually goes to all the people that will never see our arguments and our against statement was a joke. We need to fund the right organizations and maybe they need some of the "consultants" the lefties have learned to use.

But alright tweak I'll leave a message. And your goddamn right I'll be at the Gav event in Olympia, wouldn't be the first time I've been down there with signs for gun rights.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is probably the most I've ever been involved in any election, signs on my vehicles, lawn, financial donations to all the organizations, appeals to friends and Facebook, and we got killed, but I'm not done making noise. And I will not comply.

The pamphlets were one of the biggest killers IMHO, the piece of paper that actually goes to all the people that will never see our arguments and our against statement was a joke. We need to fund the right organizations and maybe they need some of the "consultants" the lefties have learned to use.

But alright tweak I'll leave a message. And your goddamn right I'll be at the Gav event in Olympia, wouldn't be the first time I've been down there with signs for gun rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

I'm in the same boat . I had signs out. bumper stickers on cars. Picked up and handed out signs and bumper stickers. In bugged the piss out of anyone and everyone around me. In person and on Facebook Normally I would just go and cast my fucking vote.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Fucking King County.

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#11]
It says my vote was counted.
I voted correctly......the results were not to my satisfaction...my will was not done...
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Been checking the status since Wednesday...I had my ballot in almost immediately, and here three days after the election was "called" my vote still hasn't been counted. Emails sent.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I've sent an email about the issue. If they don't have a solid explanation I think it's worth asking the ACLJ to check into potential fraud.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting. My wife and I are both still listed only as "ballot received" in Pierce co.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Who is ACLJ and how do I contact the. About the issue as well?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#16]
http://aclj.org/ They're focused more on 1st amendment rights and don't deal much with 2nd amendment issues, but they're good people and have teeth.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Interesting. My wife and I are both still listed only as "ballot received" in Pierce co.
View Quote

Same here, and I'm in eastern King.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:41:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Me too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Same
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Same
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Same

so rather than have obvious "calibration errors" maybe they just chose to simply ignore the no 594 mail in votes.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:52:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

so rather than have obvious "calibration errors" maybe they just chose to simply ignore the no 594 mail in votes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Same

Snohomish - "received"

I do not have any illusions about fraud.  Actually, considering past WA elections and several counts of locations with "calibration issues" in this election all over the country, I have to suspend my disbelief to accept there was none.  

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 4:04:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Same here.  Normal?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.
Same here.  Normal?

Same here. And does not say I voted in 2014.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Last thing they have me down for was in 2013.  I vote EVERYTIME.  

Art
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I checked again, and I have 2014 listed under my elections.

It's possible that some counties simply do not report the processing of ballots.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Election: 2014 General

Notes

Ballot received and processed on  Wednesday, November 05, 2014
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:14:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I am sure I will get blasted here just like I was on the facebook discussion. Where funny enough I was called a fucking sunshine patriot, My issue is that people are going to this rally open carrying long guns, and hand guns. I have no issue with either any other day of the week at any other function. But the press is going to be there looking for anything to make gun owners look bad. I do not want to be made look like a gun toting wacko. This is exactly what they want us to do, they want to portray us as the far right fringe out of touch with reality. Why add fuel to the fire? Go down to the capital with signs, dressed very nicely, and look like upstanding pillars of the community. In all honesty that's what we are, we care more about our rights and our community than most others and all others on the left do.
Let the bashing begin, but if people are going to go down there looking for a fight, then count me out. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Why not try to do things clean by taking the high road and looking better? If that doesn't work, then bets are off and look as loony as you want. We want to fight 594, why muddy the waters with other issues? I just don't get it, there is a time and a place for everything, lets not confuse matters.
 If I am wrong please explain to me how my thinking is wrong. Or just call me a sunshine patriot and leave it at that. But know I love my rights just as much as everyone else on this board does.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:02:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am sure I will get blasted here just like I was on the facebook discussion. Where funny enough I was called a fucking sunshine patriot, My issue is that people are going to this rally open carrying long guns, and hand guns. I have no issue with either any other day of the week at any other function. But the press is going to be there looking for anything to make gun owners look bad. I do not want to be made look like a gun toting wacko. This is exactly what they want us to do, they want to portray us as the far right fringe out of touch with reality. Why add fuel to the fire? Go down to the capital with signs, dressed very nicely, and look like upstanding pillars of the community. In all honesty that's what we are, we care more about our rights and our community than most others and all others on the left do.
Let the bashing begin, but if people are going to go down there looking for a fight, then count me out. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Why not try to do things clean by taking the high road and looking better? If that doesn't work, then bets are off and look as loony as you want. We want to fight 594, why muddy the waters with other issues? I just don't get it, there is a time and a place for everything, lets not confuse matters.
 If I am wrong please explain to me how my thinking is wrong. Or just call me a sunshine patriot and leave it at that. But know I love my rights just as much as everyone else on this board does.
View Quote

That phrase, "sunshine patriot", that's someone trying to guilt/bait you into doing something or acting a certain way . I was on the fence weather or not I was going to go to this. After doing a brief search on the internet, I'm going to go with no. Do a quick Google search  on Gavin Seim. Spend a little time,watch some videos, read some articles  then ask your self, Is this the guy I want to represent me. Am i willing to get shot following this guy. For me the answer is no. Blatant violation of the law with some issues on permits added to that while being heavily armed while in the company of a guy that likes to stir up shit. No thank you!  What he is trying to create here is a confrontation. Any time I bring a weapon to a confrontation, I fully intend to use it. We are nowhere near that kind of action needing to be taken. Not even a million light years near that point yet. So i'm leaning on not going. although curiosity my get the best of me. If I do go, I will be unarmed        
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:39:41 AM EDT
[#27]
@223
 I could not agree more, I have already looked into this character and watched his you tube stuff. He is a moron at best, but a dangerous one. If I go, I will be armed, but CW just like every other day of the year. I really was looking forward to having my voice heard, but I will not do it in this fashion.  Gavin Seim was one of those that jumped my ass on face book for even saying anything about them carrying open to this function. It's a recipe for disaster and as gun owners something we cannot afford to have right now. I encourage everyone to go to FB and look at the postings on this https://www.facebook.com/events/788109621237033/, Leaving them cold unless someone wants them hot. This could turn into a bad deal really fast, and it would be the best day liberals in this state ever had. If you do go just watch your six, there are going to be some emotional people there.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#28]
it's going to be a circus, with gavin as the ringleader.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Obviously I want the timid meek little guy with his head in the sand, afraid of insulting the opposition representing us!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll go; wearing the same boots and carhartt that I do every other day. The thought that we as gun owners need to dress up in slacks and ties to somehow whitewash the opinion of us as upstanding members of society is bullshit. Last time I looked around this issue affects all of us. White collar, blue collar, rich, poor, straight-laced, and fringe. Everyone is a part of this. It's a numbers game here; unless you have an extra ten million dollars to buy the election back.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll go; wearing the same boots and carhartt that I do every other day. The thought that we as gun owners need to dress up in slacks and ties to somehow whitewash the opinion of us as upstanding members of society is bullshit. Last time I looked around this issue affects all of us. White collar, blue collar, rich, poor, straight-laced, and fringe. Everyone is a part of this. It's a numbers game here; unless you have an extra ten million dollars to buy the election back.
View Quote

No kidding......Our founding fathers were not afraid to use fiery rhetoric....sometimes it's what is needed to wake people up out of their lethargy.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

No kidding......Our founding fathers were not afraid to use fiery rhetoric....sometimes it's what is needed to wake people up out of their lethargy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am coming to the opinion that this organizer guy is bad news. Best case, IMO, he is going to be an utter embarrassment. I would not be surprised to find out he's a plant intending to really stir yup some shit. I do not trust him. Unless I see something to make me change that opinion of him between now and then, I will not be going.

"Doing something" is not always better than waiting and watching.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:28:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I am coming to the opinion that this organizer guy is bad news. Best case, IMO, he is going to be an utter embarrassment. I would not be surprised to find out he's a plant intending to really stir yup some shit. I do not trust him. Unless I see something to make me change that opinion of him between now and then, I will not be going.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV.
Of course he's bad news. That's why it's going to be a spectacular shit show, and it's going to be awesome.

That's why I'm planning on going.

I'm sure plenty of people in California thought waiting and watching would work too, look where they are?

But here's the thing, there's going to be way more people than just him going.  So it's up to the more rational groups to do things like run interference on the media, maybe transfer non-firearms back and forth to show that perception does not match reality, and generally support the firearms community as a whole.  It also gets a chance to spread the word and start forming more rally's in the future to keep it up, one when shit's out of session isn't going to cut it.  Need more when things are in session, downtown, everywhere.

Dig deep in the history of gun control and it starts becoming petty obvious that a LOT of regulation have passed because one section of the community sold the other out to protect it's interests.

Sporting clause?  Ban features?  Things like that? Yea... we can just "wait and see" what happens...  and let California politics backed by New York money to dictate the course of things.
Or everyone can buck the fuck up, and get down there if they can and start rebelling against the fucked up outside influences buying out one county in out state to fuck everything up.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:04:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:40:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

YMMV.

Of course he's bad news. That's why it's going to be a spectacular shit show, and it's going to be awesome.

I'm sure plenty of people in California thought waiting and watching would work too, look where they are?

But here's the thing, there's going to be way more people than just him going.  So it's up to the more rational groups to do things like run interference on the media, maybe transfer non-firearms back and forth to show that perception does not match reality, and generally support the firearms community as a whole.  It also gets a chance to spread the word and start forming more rally's in the future to keep it up, one when shit's out of session isn't going to cut it.  Need more when things are in session, downtown, everywhere.

Dig deep in the history of gun control and it starts becoming petty obvious that a LOT of regulation have passed because one section of the community sold the other out to protect it's interests.

Sporting clause?  Ban features?  Things like that? Yea... we can just "wait and see" what happens...  and let California politics backed by New York money to dictate the course of things.

Or everyone can buck the fuck up, and get down there if they can and start rebelling against the fucked up outside influences buying out one county in out state to fuck everything up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV.

Absolutely.   either you are standing with us......or?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@223
 I could not agree more, I have already looked into this character and watched his you tube stuff. He is a moron at best, but a dangerous one. If I go, I will be armed, but CW just like every other day of the year. I really was looking forward to having my voice heard, but I will not do it in this fashion.  Gavin Seim was one of those that jumped my ass on face book for even saying anything about them carrying open to this function. It's a recipe for disaster and as gun owners something we cannot afford to have right now. I encourage everyone to go to FB and look at the postings on this https://www.facebook.com/events/788109621237033/, Leaving them cold unless someone wants them hot. This could turn into a bad deal really fast, and it would be the best day liberals in this state ever had. If you do go just watch your six, there are going to be some emotional people there.
View Quote

Really guys?  It wasn't crazy at the last event at the capitol.  There were a whole lot of people there, from a lot of different groups.  Sure, there's always going to be a few crazier types in a crowd, but they're way outnumbered if good people show up.

Sitting at home isn't going to do any good at all, especially if you're the type we need representing ourselves.  If we all sit at home, this whole thing will fade away, and we'll all be panicking next election cycle when something worse comes up and this one is still on the books.  Now is the time to show up, and let them see who we are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top