Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 10:12:58 PM EDT
So I have been offered a job at Lake Roosevelt NPS and I was looking for some information about the area the town near to live in? How are the Schools? What is the weather like in the winter & summer? What is the closest medical centers (Job for wife)? What are things to do in the area? Sure I'll have other questions just start with these to begin.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing on the reservation side...Brewster, lots of illegals..Lincoln not bad, Daveport has an awesome school I hear...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing on the reservation side...Brewster, lots of illegals..Lincoln not bad, Daveport has an awesome school I hear...
View Quote

Funny you say that I'm a BIA officer now maybe that is why I was picked for this job! Also Illegals??? We talking the Southern or Northern type?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Grand Coulee, Ft Spokane or Kettle Falls?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Funny you say that I'm a BIA officer now maybe that is why I was picked for this job! Also Illegals??? We talking the Southern or Northern type?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Southern as in mexican...Brewster has turned into a real shithole...If your close enough Omak, Okanogan are nice...Republic, Curlew are other options as they are all on the outskirts of the Rez.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
love that entire area. I'm jealous. you'll love it if you like to fish, hunt, or anything outdoors. tons of public land and places to explore.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the advice but I'm going to ave to turn down the job its a term job meaning I know I only have the job for 13 months can be extended up to 4 years max. Here is the catch say they lose money in year 2 The NPS would not be under any obligation to find you another job. So that does not sit well with me having a wife and three kids.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:45:33 AM EDT
[#7]
That's too bad. I know it's hard now to get a FT permanent job with the feds.
I live near Kettle Falls and it's very quiet here and folks keep to themselves for the most part. A veritable sportsman's paradise!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's too bad. I know it's hard now to get a FT permanent job with the feds.
I live near Kettle Falls and it's very quiet here and folks keep to themselves for the most part. A veritable sportsman's paradise!
View Quote

From the photos I saw it looked like paradise a place I would retire in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top