Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 3:03:27 AM EDT
Will the ATF/NFA approve Form 1's  for WA. residents to SBR a AR that is currently a carbine configuration?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
yup.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

So I guess the same would apply to a AKS-74 to AKS-74U conversion.  eg: Full size AKS-74 to a  SBR AKS-74 (Krinkov)
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You can submit a Form 1 for any rifle.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok...., I guess I missunderstood somewhere along the line?
I know stripped AR receivers are being approved in WA..., I've had (2) approved already.
But I had read somewhere that a previously built firearm has to already be in SBR configuration to get a Form 1 SBR approval for WA. residents?
Good to know thats not actually the case since I want to SBR my Arsenal SLR-104UR  It's not as easy to re-configure an AK as it is an AR!  eg: I'll have to actually cut the barrel on the SLR-104UR

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:42:42 AM EDT
[#5]
A stripped lower is a firearm in the eyes of the ATF. How is that any different than getting a form 1 on an AK?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A stripped lower is a firearm in the eyes of the ATF. How is that any different than getting a form 1 on an AK?
View Quote

I think that all of us here agree that there should'nt be a difference...., but there was some questions raised about the wording of the bill that recently legalized SBR's in WA.
Questions/issues regarding the difference between manufacturing, assembling, & converting a firearm into an SBR.
I had not heard or read anything about weather or not these questions/issues have been resolved?

I am going to eFile my Form 1 tomorrow to SBR my AK.
I guess I'll find out the answer for sure in a month or two!

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think that all of us here agree that there should'nt be a difference...., but there was some questions raised about the wording of the bill that recently legalized SBR's in WA.
Questions/issues regarding the difference between manufacturing, assembling, & converting a firearm into an SBR.
I had not heard or read anything about weather or not these questions/issues have been resolved?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i already have two AK's form 1'd so no worries, just do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top