BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 5:33:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:52:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Already voted. Judging by signs and bumper stickers in my area, it's about 10:1 pro-594:pro-591.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:36:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quick correction, I was also told by the county voting office it was 100% mail-in, so I thought that was it. There was a "Computer error" and I was never sent a ballot. The day after elections I called to complain and was told you could print them out from the county website, or each county had several polling machines as required under the ADA. So it's not 100% mail-in, there are options...if you get someone intelligent on the phone to tell you about them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quick correction, I was also told by the county voting office it was 100% mail-in, so I thought that was it. There was a "Computer error" and I was never sent a ballot. The day after elections I called to complain and was told you could print them out from the county website, or each county had several polling machines as required under the ADA. So it's not 100% mail-in, there are options...if you get someone intelligent on the phone to tell you about them.
View Quote

And those "computer errors" coincidentally happened in more conservative-leaning districts?

So, that's it?  Because of this you and most likely several others could not vote?

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

What I DO expect to see is attempted stings --      entrapment      scenarios played out, especially at venues like gun shows. Not by police officers, but      by 594      supporters.  You get out of      your car at      the gun show, pull a shotgun out of the trunk and head for the      gate. It wouldn't surprise      me to see someone      approach you and make an offer for the shotgun.  You ask, "What about the background check," and the "buyer"      responds, "Hey, who's to see or know?" The person that will see and      know is the guy      the next lane over, with his cellphone camera or videocam up and      running,      recording the whole transaction.  Andthat      will force our police friends into enforcing a law they may not      like or      agree with, but it's the law.
View Quote

This also incriminates the person(s) doing the entrapment?  Hey that person sold me a gun without a background check; the officers response should be yep and you bought one without a background check.  I have a pair of handcuffs for you too.

And for fun
RCW 9A.16.070
Entrapment.

(1) In any prosecution for a crime, it is a defense that:

(a) The criminal design originated in the mind of law enforcement officials, or any person acting under their direction, and

(b) The actor was lured or induced to commit a crime which the actor had not otherwise intended to commit.

(2) The defense of entrapment is not established by a showing only that law enforcement officials merely afforded the actor an opportunity to commit a crime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top