Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 7:18:44 PM EDT
A dude form Ireland is about to tour the west coast and is looking for suggestions on what to see and do.

Thread link
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1670739_Traveling_to_the_west_coast_from_Ireland.html

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Circus runs all day M-F in Olympia.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple of spare guest passes to the Museum of Flight..if you want them
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey gwitness I would love to get some free passes to the aviation museum. May second pass in Seattle will be from the 17th to the 22nd. I will pm you a little closer to that if you don't mind. Thanks very much.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:42:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey gwitness I would love to get some free passes to the aviation museum. May second pass in Seattle will be from the 17th to the 22nd. I will pm you a little closer to that if you don't mind. Thanks very much.
View Quote

I'll  hold them for you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Lots to do in Washington, Hurricane ridge is worth the drive as well as Neah Bay. There is a pub in Port Townsend called the Siren with the best crab cakes in the empire and some really nice ales, Seattle has some great bars but they are not down town. Pikes place is worth a look and avoid the space needle it is a useless waste of money.
Yankee bacon is different but still grand, Highly recommend the Islands if you can.

The rain forrest is worth a look as well, the only temperate rain forrest in N America, giant ferns, ghost like shadows of elk and the smell of wet cedar. The east side may be fun to see, last time I was in Ireland I did not see any desserts so it could be worth the trip. The sun sets are amazing! plus all that open space may explain why we are so loud all the time.

Obviously Guiness outside of Ireland  is not the same, but we some really good beers.  The PNW is known for micro brews and this time of the year the pumpkin ales are flowing.  Plus there are some really good places to eat. One thing I try to explain to my friends abroad is that there is nothing like a proper yankee cheese burger or a greasy diner breakfast. Sadly black pudding is hard to come by, hang over tuesday is just not the same without it, there are some ancient magical qualities in a proper IRE breakfast, to remedy the consequences of a long night out.

If I were home I would offer to show you around, but dumb things need doing.

I have lived in the PNW for nearly 15 years, having escaped the failed state of Michigan, and am still amazed at how incredible it is. There is always something to see and do

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top