Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 1:33:48 PM EDT
Let's get the obvious out of the way.
Yes, we should spend time and effort in defeating I594.  I've donated several hundred dollars to date.
How will 591 impact?  Most of 591 or 594 will eventually be settled in court, whenever that is.

However any change in the law is likely to affect gun values.  How much that is, is conjecture but we can look to places like CA and their DROS fees and see what impact they have.

Can we expect there to be a run on "pre-594" guns?  Starting soon?  Does it peter out when the law takes affect?   When is that?  June 2015?

Will there be a market for dealer transfers?  How competitive does that get?

What other thoughts and predictions are to be made?

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Just one more reason to leave the state.  At this point in my life I only have one reason to be here.

I'm working on getting my CDL.  It's easier for me to move to my state of birth (on paper), get a CDL, and move back here than it is to just get the CDL in WA.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thought I had today:  How come a law suit to stop the counting on I 594 has not been filed?  Make the argument that it has multiple issues (state and federal law, taxes, how the court must act, etc).  Can an injunction on counting the vote or something similar be done?

What happen if I 594 fails at the ballot, are SI594 and HI594 in the Washington State legislator dead or can they be voted out?

Last gun show I was at stripped AR Lowers that were private sale were going for $200.  This was last month.  I think that is in anticipation of legal changes.

Also remember that if it is upheld in court it can not be changed for 2 years by the legislative process.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top