Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2014 1:36:14 PM EDT
They just had their grand opening in Burlington. No handguns. No semi-autos. All bolt actions and pump shotguns. No reloading components. The rest of the place place looks like a glorified Foot Locker with some golf supplies.

We lost GI Joes and two more that were in the same building as dicks is in now. I miss GI Joes, the other two were pretty good. Thank goodness for the new range and Skagit Arms. Dicks is stupid.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Dick's screwed Troy. They had an exclusive distribution deal for the Troy carbine. After Sandy Hook Dick's dropped the distribution deal and left Troy hanging. I know there are a lot of people here that like to scream "fuck Troy" from the rooftops due to a couple people they have on staff, but Dick's are a dirty bunch of bastards. Also I have never seen them sell anything I could not find elsewhere cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dick's screwed Troy. They had an exclusive distribution deal for the Troy carbine. After Sandy Hook Dick's dropped the distribution deal and left Troy hanging. I know there are a lot of people here that like to scream "fuck Troy" from the rooftops due to a couple people they have on staff, but Dick's are a dirty bunch of bastards. Also I have never seen them sell anything I could not find elsewhere cheaper.
View Quote

That whole dicks fucked troy was perfect for both of them.

Troy knows the scum they have on staff, they can rot in hell.

Dicks panders to anti gunners, they can rot right beside them

Fuck Dicks, Fuck troy and Motherfuck kenyan one.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
x2. I wasn't a big Dicks fan before Sandyhook, but their reaction guaranteed I would never give them money again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
x2. I wasn't a big Dicks fan before Sandyhook, but their reaction guaranteed I would never give them money again.
View Quote

I killed some time in one this week. Place sucks and will never get my $$
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought you were referring to Dicks drove in. I was going to call heresy but you are talking about the sporting goods store. Yeah fuck Dicks sucks. Phrasing my friend.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:05:41 AM EDT
[#7]
dicks caters to fudds.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I came in to post Red Mill is much better, but guess different Dick's.

Yes the Dick's so called sporting goods store is crap, only been in a few to buy something, and never found what I wanted.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone here tried Teddy's Bigger Burgers?
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I thought you were referring to Dicks drove in. I was going to call heresy but you are talking about the sporting goods store. Yeah fuck Dicks sucks. Phrasing my friend.
View Quote
Naw, the drive in sucks too.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We lost GI Joes....
View Quote

You know that GI Joes did not allow handgun carry in their store...right?

They were on the boycott list (wherever that went) so I wasn't unhappy that they went under.  They lost all of my business.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

They were on the boycott list (wherever that went) so I wasn't unhappy that they went under.  They lost all of my business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We lost GI Joes....

Meh. I carry in costco, applebees, walmart, local theater and carried in GI joes. The only place I've seen any signs posted though is at the theater. Never saw one at joes.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck Dicks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Meh. I carry in costco, applebees, walmart, local theater and carried in GI joes. The only place I've seen any signs posted though is at the theater. Never saw one at joes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We lost GI Joes....

Plus, all they can do is trespass if they get pissy, there's very few places where the law states we can't carry.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:32:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Plus, all they can do is trespass if they get pissy, there's very few places where the law states we can't carry.

View Quote

But do you really want to give an anti gun moonbat your money??

You dont want me packing? Fine, I dont want to give you my money.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:11:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never said anything about making purchases. Just pointing out that certain signage really doesn't mean a lot.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
Its really just meaningless posturing and pandering. Completely ineffective and there's nothing they can do to enforce it short of metal detectors or start frisking customers, which they'll never do.

For me not patronizing/banning a place is just as useless and ineffective, so why bother.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Yea, I always wonder about boycotting a place for a corporate policy or certain ownership. Small little mom and pop places?  Sure.  Big box store?  If they have something I need for the price I want it at, that's what it comes down to.  The money I spend there goes towards the employee's first, the products second, and eventually, maybe, and fractional amount goes towards that undesirable company policy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#19]
They are building a brand new Dicks at the mall in Federal Way as I speak.  It's almost complete and I'm so excited to run down there and spend some money! <sarcasm overload>
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I was hoping they would add some competition & drive down the price of ammo! Silly me
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

They are building a brand new Dicks at the mall in Federal Way as I speak.  It's almost complete and I'm so excited to run down there and spend some money! <sarcasm overload>
View Quote
They'll be closed within 5 years. That mall has been dying a slow death for a few years now. I hope Dicks has a good Loss Prevention program, they'll need it. Dindu and his buddies will be happy for another place to steal shit from.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:40:53 AM EDT
[#22]
That kind of place is just like Sports Authority (who used to have guns and ammo). Whimpy spineless place for women's workout fashion gear. There is really no need to shop at those places. Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the info. You saved me some gas money.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#24]
The place that was in that building before was awesome. Tons of hunting stuff. Reloading stuff, mag pul stuff. Etc.

I started going in regularly, excited about the store. And boom it closes. Was wholesale sports or something
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top