Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somebody search the pdf for the word intent
View Quote

the word "intent" in not in i594

However I did find this

(25) "Transfer" means the intended delivery of a firearm to another person without consideration of payment or promise of payment including, but not limited to, gifts and loans.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
87 percent. Closet arfcommer (?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone notice that the pro 594 crowd is slowly losing clappers
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The 591ers are very half hearted
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:33:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:21:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I really want to know the WAGR's source for their claim that the FBI has defined a transfer to not include handing a gun to a friend for an indefinite period of time.  They keep saying that allowing a friend to shoot your gun in your presence is not a transfer, but I don't believe it.  The WAGR accused the anti-594 people of promoting FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt), but that's what they are doing in my opinion.

Ranb
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:24:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:38:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Section 25 clearly defines transfet. FBI is moot
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:20:15 AM EDT
[#10]
AAR:

Summary: I believe the 594 supporters got their asses handed to them. They consistently demonstrated a poor understanding of their own law. They did not provide direct answers, and admitted they don't really know what's in the law as written.

Phil Shave is my new hero. I'm familiar with him from the WAC newsletter. We couldn't hope for a more articulate, well informed and well spoken representative. We are lucky he and Phil Watson represented our side tonight.

The crowd seemed to be split about evenly between 594 and 591 supporters. Our crowd was a bit more rambunctious - I asked the fellow next to me to tone it down a bit - and the moderator made mention as well. I estimate about 40 audience questions were fielded, and only about 4 of those were from 594 supporters.

If anyone recorded the live event, it would be fairly easy to edit a "best of" video, with Fascineti (sp?) saying things like "Transfer is very loosely defined", then having a narrator read the definition of transfer from the law.  

Afterward all the gun guys hung out in the studio, the atmosphere was very lively and upbeat. The 591 594 folks had a small, self-conscious knot of people who kind of slunk out of the room with their tails between their legs.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:42:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:23:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I also think Komo did a really good job trying to be as fair and balanced as possible. Rebecca Arledge didn't seem to have much going on upstairs and just kept repeating herself. I think we put them to shame with our knowledge of the law and the whole process of buying firearms. I do think we should have mentioned more about online purchases and I regret not trying to stand up and clarify more. Good job though to everyone who was there or submitted a question.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Fixed. Thanks Keekle-B.

Rebecca "one click no background check internet gun sales" Arledge?  We won't sway the true believers on this law. But we need to give them all the rope they want to hang themselves with false, evasive statements. The folks on the fence are those who have a .38 which they fire once a year, fudds who think "they won't come after my old deer rifle" and all those people who'd like to shoot, but are just a little to shy/intimidated/whatever.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Will this thing be aired on TV?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]

I don't know if it will be aired again but you can watch it here.
       http://www.komonews.com/tv/events/KOMO-to-host-Town-Hall-Special-Guns-in-America-274134031.html

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#16]
word is it will be aired in Oct before the election
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#17]
They said October 11th last night if I recall correctly, and it will be edited down to 60 min
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
       http://www.komonews.com/tv/events/KOMO-to-host-Town-Hall-Special-Guns-in-America-274134031.html  

View Quote

How can I capture that video?

I'm the really good looking guy wolf-staring the WA cease fire guy.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They said October 11th last night if I recall correctly, and it will be edited down to 60 min
View Quote

You're right. They just promoted it on KOMO. It will air at 10pm.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Download Helper for Firefox works
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Got it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean the kilt wearing guy that wanders downtown Olympia aimlessly?
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They said October 11th last night if I recall correctly, and it will be edited down to 60 min of Anti-Rights I-594 viewpoints while making Pro-2A supporters look bad....
View Quote

Yeah, like I trust the news to actually "edit" this fairly....
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#24]
After the event they filmed some stock footage for the editors. Several takes of the host saying variations of "The debate is intense here, stay tuned for more when we come back", and they had us applaud for an extended time.

I bet Ralph gets all the thunderous applause and Phil gets the polite golf claps in the edit. I captured the raw footage to .mp4 and suggest everyone do likewise for reference.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
After the event they filmed some stock footage for the editors. Several takes of the host saying variations of "The debate is intense here, stay tuned for more when we come back", and they had us applaud for an extended time.

I bet Ralph gets all the thunderous applause and Phil gets the polite golf claps in the edit. I captured the raw footage to .mp4 and suggest everyone do likewise for reference.
View Quote

I also copied the mp4 from komo. it's easy to do if you have chrome - install the "video downloader professional" plugin, let the pre-roll ad play, then once the show itself starts click the green arrow and grab the ~700 meg mp4, not the 10 meg glade ad.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm preparing a transcript of the show.  It will probably be over 15,000 words long.  I'll send it to anyone who is interested.

Randy
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Just curious does anyone know if Komo put out a poll.  It would have been interesting to see the before and after.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:18:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just curious does anyone know if Komo put out a poll.  It would have been interesting to see the before and after.
View Quote

A poll of the people there or the half dozen people who watched the internet stream? It hasn't aired and I don't think any of the papers have mentioned it...
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#29]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BECth5TRFUY
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone know where to get a youtube version of the yes on 594 commercial. Id like to tear it apart on social media.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm preparing a transcript of the show.  It will probably be over 15,000 words long.  I'll send it to anyone who is interested.

Randy
View Quote

Thanks for doing that. I'd like a copy, please.

I want to edit some of Ralph's asinine statements, evasions, and outright lies into a concise rebuttal video. He gave me about 87 minutes (out of 90 total) of material to work with. Just placing a caption with the initiative's definition of "transfer" while he's blithering about how the FBI says they won't consider this, or that, a "transfer" will be plenty of material.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone know where to get a youtube version of the yes on 594 commercial. Id like to tear it apart on social media.
View Quote

I just watched my first yes on 594 commercial. Fucking lying bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  "all a criminal has to do is go online and order a gun" with a web browser in the background showing Gunbroker.  Fucking lying pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#33]
One of the panelists repeated that line several times. Easily refuted by citing the federal law that requires FFL for interstate transfers, and the state law that requires the seller to exercise due diligence.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top