Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#1]
They look desperate.  Their "yes i-594" website is promoting an app that finds who did not vote and lets them go after those non-voters.

Voting is cool. You know that, and that's why you've already mailed in your ballot. But have your friends? Find out with this awesome new tool, Voting with Friends! If their ballot hasn't been received, you can automatically send them a gentle reminder. We recommend it. Only 3 days to...

View Quote

They are a bunch of crazies but that seems to be going too far, even for their (low) standards.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:01:17 AM EDT
[#2]
In other words, WAGR has friends in the election departments who are reporting back that things are not going well. Don't think Hanauer and friends know those people? Don't kid yourself.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:48:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Soccer moms get their opinions from TV and local TV news. TV is important in elections, sadly.

If you had a TV and could see how many different pro-594 TV ads WAGR is running, how polished and professional they look, how blatantly dishonest they are, and how frequent they are (multiple ads every commercial break on several local stations), you might have a different attitude about signs and social media ads being a huge contribution from the NRA. The NRA contributed to the fight as cheaply as they could, with minimal effort.
View Quote

Exactly, the NRA could've put together a simple ad with all the law enforcement groups that oppose 594 and that would've been it.  Have cop/deputy explain that simply handing a gun to a friend out in the field violates 594, and point out the specific section and language, and it sells itself.  The air time would've been more expensive than making the ad.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgive me for not knowing but when do we now results and is it a live tracking or just a "here's the results" deal?

sorry, I was living in Japan from 06-2013.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe preliminary results will be available the afternoon of November 4th.  It takes several weeks to certify the results, but anything not close should be good to go.

Election results link

Randy
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I believe preliminary results will be available the afternoon of November 4th.  It takes several weeks to certify the results, but anything not close should be good to go.

Election results link

Randy
View Quote

thanks. I had some asshole call last night asking who I voted for Senator. "none of your fucking business"
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When I asked for signs they said they were "all out", yet I haven't seen a single sign anywhere in SW WA. I haven't seen any signs on my four trips to Seattle in the last two months either. Ads on Breibart and posts on the NRA's Facebook page are just preaching to the choir, that's the NRA trying to look like they're doing something without actually doing it. What we need is TV and radio ads, that's how we convince the people who are on the fence or don't really care either way to vote with our side. Bloomy is killing us at that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do you say the NRA isignoring us? I received 100 signs from the rep on the dry side for free to put out, have seen ads on breitbart and social media. I don't have TV so I can't speak to that. They have been at gun shows as well.

When I asked for signs they said they were "all out", yet I haven't seen a single sign anywhere in SW WA. I haven't seen any signs on my four trips to Seattle in the last two months either. Ads on Breibart and posts on the NRA's Facebook page are just preaching to the choir, that's the NRA trying to look like they're doing something without actually doing it. What we need is TV and radio ads, that's how we convince the people who are on the fence or don't really care either way to vote with our side. Bloomy is killing us at that.

I've seen one pro 594 bumper sticker (on a drive to Seattle) and just yesterday I saw an anti 594 sign in Battle Ground. So far that's the only things I've seen about it in public.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#8]
If I have to hear about Monique Williams one more time I'm gonna shoot myself.  

I swear if I were an anti gunner and had to listen to this commercial that many times in a row I think I would intentionally vote against it because I HATE commercials.  Especially political ones.  

Voted no on 594
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:11:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do you say the NRA isignoring us? I received 100 signs from the rep on the dry side for free to put out, have seen ads on breitbart and social media. I don't have TV so I can't speak to that. They have been at gun shows as well.

If you needed two signs last week, I found them stuffed behind a trash can at the base of  Queen Anne hill. Of course the pro I594 signs were left up. If I was smart enough to post pics up here, I'd show you the pic I took.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you needed two signs last week, I found them stuffed behind a trash can at the base of  Queen Anne hill. Of course the pro I594 signs were left up. If I was smart enough to post pics up here, I'd show you the pic I took.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on past elections and referendums I wonder if the ballots will have similar fate.    

We have to win this thing by a landslide so these crooks think twice before frauding the referendum.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#11]
In Pierce county I have seen ONE yes on 594 sign and that was in Milton. No on 594 signs are everywhere! Everyone I know is voting no on 594!
Are all the polls being done with King county residents only? The polls I see on facebook all are overwhelmingly NO on 594.
There is still hope that this P.O.S. inititive will fail big time!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#12]
The only support I've seen for 594 are online in comments or forum posts, who knows though, they may be trolling LOL

That said, I have ZERO faith in the voters of this nation, especially in this state.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't be shocked if the pro 594 people posed as 591/anti 594 people to get the signs and then threw them away. Would explain why they ran out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That said, I have ZERO faith in the voters of this nation, especially in this state.
View Quote

Remember that these are the voters who elected the Democrats that pushed the silencer and SBR bills through and got them passed.  I still think 594 will fail; not betting the farm on it though.  :)

Randy
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Voted.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#16]
When do they release the numbers?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When do they release the numbers?
View Quote

As soon as King county decides how many votes to falsify.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Used to have several Yes 591 signs on Inglewood Hill Road up in Sammamish but they seem to be gone now... Wonder who took them..
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe this is the defense we can take on 594?

http://djcoregon.com/news/2000/10/27/state-supreme-court-strikes-down-i695-license-tax-cut-law/

“Violated a requirement that an act have only one subject. The rule is intended to prevent legislators and voters from having to vote for a law they do not support in order to obtain a law they want.”

“Violated a requirement that the subject of an act appear in the measure’s title. The title of I-695 failed to advise the public that the voter-approval requirement applied not only to taxes, but also to fees and charges levied by government that are not “traditionally considered to be taxes,” the court said. (the fact that this bill also includes restrictions on private transfers – not simply online or gun shows – which are two separate issues as well)

“Amended an existing law without publishing the law and the proposed change. “ – the definitions alone do this.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Good info, Joe.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://djcoregon.com/news/2000/10/27/state-supreme-court-strikes-down-i695-license-tax-cut-law/

“Violated a requirement that an act have only one subject. The rule is intended to prevent legislators and voters from having to vote for a law they do not support in order to obtain a law they want.”

“Violated a requirement that the subject of an act appear in the measure’s title. The title of I-695 failed to advise the public that the voter-approval requirement applied not only to taxes, but also to fees and charges levied by government that are not “traditionally considered to be taxes,” the court said. (the fact that this bill also includes restrictions on private transfers – not simply online or gun shows – which are two separate issues as well)

“Amended an existing law without publishing the law and the proposed change. “ – the definitions alone do this.
View Quote

Not sure where you're going with this since it has 'transfers' in the description in the ballot.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not sure where you're going with this since it has 'transfers' in the description in the ballot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That it is not just background checks. It changes the law on transfers. Just throwing some ideas out there. Every once in a while something sticks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Did we win yet?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:12:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Early results...

Initiative 594
Expand background checks for gun purchases

Yes 4,041 (39%)
No 6,326 (61%)

Initiative 591
Prohibit background checks beyond federal standard

Yes 6,108 (59.3%)
No 4,190 (40.7%)
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Did we win yet?
View Quote

It looks like it.
Boom
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Initiative 594

Yes 279,725 (54.7%)
No 232,049 (45.3%)

Initiative 591

Yes 260,010 (51.2%)
No 247,337 (48.8%)
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:17:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It looks like it.
Boom
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did we win yet?

It looks like it.
Boom

Wait until King County reports in.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#29]
It's going to be a while before we know the results.  594 is now in the lead.

Yes;  279,725
54.66%

No;  232,049
45.34%

Randy
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes;  279,725
54.66%

No;  232,049
45.34%

Randy
View Quote

They must be fabricating ballots as fast as they can.  

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Initiative 594

Yes 632,281 (60.8%)
No 408,418 (39.2%)

Initiative 591

Yes 460,483 (44.6%)
No 570,894 (55.4%)
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did we win yet?

It looks like it.
Boom

Fuck me. I checked earlier and it was reversed. Looks like I'm moving boys.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:24:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes;  279,725

54.66%

No;  232,049

45.34%

Randy

I don't think they need to. The Seatlle area has enough commies to sink us.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#34]
74.58% voted yes to I594 in King County.
68.36% voted no to I591 in King County.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:28:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Initiative Measure No. 591 Concerns firearms

Last updated on 11/04/2014 8:18 PM

Initiative Measure No. 591 Concerns firearms
County Results & Map

Measure

Vote

Vote %

Yes

460,483 44.65%

No

570,894 55.35%

Total Votes 1,031,377 100%

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, that was fun...
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:40:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes;  279,725
54.66%

No;  232,049
45.34%

Randy

The commies are weed-stoned in their meth factory basements so they have to vote for them.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#39]
How soon does this law go into affect?  I bet the next few gun shows will be interesting to say the least.

ERic
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#40]
ffffffffffffffffff

I feel like shit after reading the results. I bet most of the people in King County voted for "background checks" without actually reading the bill.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#41]
It's time to break the state into two (not at the mountains tho).   Just make king County it's own and leave the rest of the state alone.  How about I-599 - Liberal Reduction Zone.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
ffffffffffffffffff

I feel like shit after reading the results. I bet most of the people in King County voted for "background checks" without actually reading the bill.
View Quote

You can pretty much say that about most of the state.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

ffffffffffffffffff

View Quote
At almost 75% in King County, you can bet some of your fellow ARFCOM members and gun owners voted yes. Background checks are better than confiscation. Fucking assholes.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How soon does this law go into affect?  I bet the next few gun shows will be interesting to say the least.

ERic
View Quote

no one has answered this question, that I have seen....
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Sorry to hear the bad news. Washington's I-591, I-594 and Florida's Amendment 2 were the thee votes I cared about most. My picks for all three lost so I'm pretty bummed. On a positive note, there's always Oregon...
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:51:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ERic

30 days, so December 4th
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ffffffffffffffffff

I had a sliver of hope after seeing all the no on i954 signs in Kirkland. damn it.

Some of my coworkers that own guns even voted for i945 - because COMMON SENSE BACKGROUND CHECKS. There was no reasoning with them. Fucking fudds
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ffffffffffffffffff

I came here to pretty much complain about this.

I swear you should have to pass a WASL-like test on reading comprehension for every bill before you are allowed to vote on it. Too many people voting on commercials and not the fine print.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Doesn't matter.  I won't comply.  Who I feel bad for are the individuals who try to make a little extra living at gun shows.  I know a lot of old timers who are screwed now.  Wonder how this affects the up coming Tacoma and Centralia shows.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

30 days, so December 4th
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ERic

30 days, so December 4th

So the legislature doesn'thave to do anything with this?   I thought that  they did.  

ERic
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top